Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Shock'n Y'all

Posted On:
    7/18/2003 4:42pm

supporting member
     Style: Kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you could, how would you tailor a martial art to fit your needs. So pretend you have a jeanie in a bottle and tell us how your very OWN martial art would be.

tell us the purpose of your style and some lessons behind it.

X

Posted On:
    7/18/2003 4:51pm

supporting member
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    genie

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/18/2003 5:49pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If I had a genie I wouldn't waste my time on a martial art man. I'd just go ahead and become invincible. Then I would learn olympic style TKD and kick EVERYONE's ass with it, because they could never hurt me. Then I would set up a McDojo and teach seminars and make billions of dollars teaching people how to kick ass like me with 720 degree flying upside down spin kicks. Oh yes and I would also go and win pride and UFC with my crappy ass McStyle and ruin the whole world's perception of fighting as all the little moron MMA fanboys become my devoted disciples.

---------
    Shut up and train

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/18/2003 6:35pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I agree with McFisting Kittens. Except that tae kwon do is already the best style out there. Just look at all the schools and the number of blackbelts. How could so many people be wrong? If I had a genie, I'd have him make me a tkd black belt and call it a day. Who wants to waste 3 months earning one?

Welterweight

Posted On:
    7/18/2003 7:19pm

supporting member
     Style: Taiji/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OK I can do this...

First off, my style would be geared towards self-defense primarily. The main focus would be on soft throws. That is, throws that require little physical force to execute so that small ppl could throw large ones.

1st day material would be break falls and rolls.
    All students, at every class would do breakfalls and rolls. A most valuable skill methinks.
    I would teach both judo and shuai chiao falling methods for varying surfaces and situations.

At the lowest level would be basic striking theory. Different types of fist/palm possibilties & basic kicks (e.g. front snap, roundhouse snap, side thrust). Basic hip throws(o goshi, uki goshi) & chopping throw(o soto gari).
    Also I'd include counters/escapes to common untrained attacks (e.g. headlock, hammer lock, tackle, blitz, etc). Ground work would be basic bridge and shrimp at this level.

The next level would contain some more throws. Probably cracking throw, uchimata, harai goshi, elbow lock & cut, inner chop (o uchi gari), etc. Sweeping theory such as sickle, shaving, chopping, hooking, and leg blocking.
    More escapes from holds and the proper application of said holds.
    The use and application of the elbow for striking/controlling.
    Kicks: Slicing roundhouse, knee usage.
    Ground work: transitioning between basic positions and application of leverage for arm locks.

3rd level would put some significant emphasis on ground work.
    Various basic strangulations and chokes.
    Guard sweeps: Push, elevater, knee arc, & scissor.
    Mount escapes: Elbow-knee, arms down & bridge, leg block and bridge, bridge and pull up.
    Guard passes: Elbow/knee press, underhook and roll forward, underhook to side mount.
    Basic ankle locks and knee bar.
    Throws: Probably shoulder throw, neck throw, shoulder wheel, sliding sweep, advancing sweep, etc.
    Chin Na theory. The difference between passive and active chin na, as well as the vast difference in principles between standing and ground joint locks.

And so on...

Basically, it comes out to be very similar to a type of japanese jujutsu. BUT!!! At every level there would be full contact, isolated sparring!!
    The true key to effectiveness.

Anyway, this is just a rough estimate of what I think would be useful. It is subject to change with each passing day...

- Skummer -

If you think you can speak about Tao, it is clear you don't know what you're talking about.
    -Lao Tzu

Shock'n Y'all

Posted On:
    7/18/2003 9:19pm

supporting member
     Style: Kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    very good skummer, good post

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/19/2003 1:08am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    the flashiest combat effective moves all rolled into one: sato's flying armbars, sudo's flying triangles, mach's aerial guard passes, muay thai fighter's airborne double knee strikes, cungle's tkd 360 backkick and suplex, judoka's tomoenage, and throw in a mix of tkd, capoeria, and drunken boxing techniques for good measure