Sponsored Links Spacer Image

nail conditioning

Posted On:
    9/07/2006 6:52pm

Style: Rehab

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by john joe
    no intention of training it mate; i train thai; just wondered what it was about coz he goes on like its the fuckin danger;
    The fuckin danger, ha ha, I like that. It's not the fuckin danger. You should spar hard with your friend, he has delusions.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/07/2006 9:03pm

Style: Bagua

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    For what it's worth, the wikipedia article is wrong at least regarding the name. Nam = south, but pai doesn't mean north, in MAs it usually means school or sect. Chuan is fist. South Style Fist, an obvious non-historical name.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/08/2006 11:52am

Style: Muay Thai/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by RunningDog
    The forms are ludicrous. Extremely low horse stance and movements with no application whatsoever.

..lots of completely useless WuShu stule kicks, such as a "jumping spinning roundhouse"...Students generally end up with a cult mentality, and think that their Kung Fu is the most badass....
    this correpsonds almost exactly with what he has told me, except he emphasises these things as good points, like "we do a lot of jumping and turning movements in our style" oh, why? "er..it generates more power and its like coiling your chi"

the way he goes on about their sensei/whatever, i'm pretty sure the whole class must have blown him at some point. his chi must be powerful enough to singe the beard of god.

i like your word for it, ludicrous. he keeps telling me to come down and see a class, as if that will somehow stop me the piss out of it, i really want to go down with a couple of the lads from thai and pretend to be total mongs just to see what sort of **** they try to teach us. as soon as they start showing me about coiling my chi or something, i know i will be on the floor laughing

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/08/2006 12:03pm

Style: MMA, TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Then go if he's offering, have a laugh, maybe enlighten the guy after as to why his training is no good.

Or you can keep posting about how **** an art that you have no idea about is. It's up to you, go hate it, then tell us why. Or post about how it sounds **** from your pillar of "oh I've never tried/seen it myself..." ignorance. ;)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/08/2006 12:06pm

Style: Muay Thai/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i was talking to RunningDog, not you,

he knows something about it and has confirmed my suspicions.

you on the other hand dont, so **** off, taekwondo man

nail conditioning

Posted On:
    9/08/2006 5:55pm

Style: Rehab

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Liam Cullen
    Then go if he's offering, have a laugh, maybe enlighten the guy after as to why his training is no good.

Or you can keep posting about how **** an art that you have no idea about is. It's up to you, go hate it, then tell us why. Or post about how it sounds **** from your pillar of "oh I've never tried/seen it myself..." ignorance. ;)
    Gawd. I spent at least 10 minutes of my life writing about that bullshit in the above post, all for nothing apparently.
    Stop being a killjoy. JJ and his mates at the Thai gym are entitled to a laugh, and these people exist purely for their entertainment.

Laughing at them won't impress their females though, bear that in mind.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/08/2006 7:52pm

Style: MMA, TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i was talking to RunningDog, not you,

he knows something about it and has confirmed my suspicions.

you on the other hand dont, so **** off, taekwondo man
    I think you took my post in a manner it wasn't intended, but reading back I can see why you would. All I'm saying is, he obviously likes it, you obviously seem to have some grasp as to what is, and isn't, worth learning when it comes to martial arts. Why not go down and see if they are teaching anything worth learning under all the crap? Maybe also get your friend down to train with you, to see if he sees the light and show him how his art would stand up against an attacker?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12