Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst 1234 567814 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/02/2006 11:26am

Style: Hiatus for Gen. Fitness

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In my opinion, if you are training, you've already got "true strength." I figure, the ability to go out and bust your ass for some sort of physical outcome (be it great physical strength, fighting prowess, flexibility, etc) when you really don't have to (this isn't the age of hand to hand combat or one where great strength is a necessary, or especially useful, part of life) shows that you do have something others do not. "True Strength" (which I don't like as a term, sounds kinda hokey) is not a destination, but a first step. The rest of the journey is refining it.

Posted On:
    9/02/2006 11:47am

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I believe true strength is the ability to end life with a fanfare so powerful it is remembered throughout all history. I train to die. People like Dian Wei from Dynasty Warriors and Babyface are my ultimate heroes. I don't know if you know the stories,

Dian Wei was Cao Cao's personal bodyguard. Historically, when Cao Cao was on vacation from war in a castle given to him as a gift, he took another regional lord's woman with him, his youngest son, and his personal bodyguard, assigned to sleep out in the stables. Whilst him and his new concubine were gettin' down, the regional lord got the info out of the guy who gave the castle. He was too scared to just bust in, so he sent 2 agents out to greet Dian Wei. They took away his weapons and got him piss drunk. Then the regional lord sent an ARMY to kill Cao Cao. Dian Wei found out, killed the agents, and told Cao Cao to escape. Dian Wei, piss drunk and weaponless, stood at the front gate and declared "None of you shall pass!". The army attacked, and using their own weapons and bodies against them, Dain Wei killed over 100 men that day, and the army had to pull back and shoot him to death with arrows. After that, noone would go anywhere near him for fear that he would get up again and kill them all. Cao Cao was documented to have said "The biggest loss from that battle was not my youngest son, but rather, my personal bodyguard. He named Dian wei the highest honor of the century. The rest of Dian Wei's life ruled too, you can look up the history of him on Wiki or Gamefaqs.

Babyface was cool too, but Don Gwinn's here, so I have to go.

BJJ might make you a better ground fighter, but Judo will make you a better dancer.

Posted On:
    9/02/2006 1:01pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ever had a problem finishing a sentence because you're too busy laughing your tits off?

Yes. Me too.

OOOOOOOOOOAAARRGGHH RLY?

Posted On:
    9/02/2006 1:39pm

supporting member
     Style: In Transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Strength affects how much you can carry, how much Fatigue you have, and how much damage you can do with melee weapons such as swords and axes. Governs the skills of Blunt, Blade, and Hand to Hand.

Certified Fitness Trainer

Posted On:
    9/02/2006 2:41pm

supporting member
     Style: Chemical Assistance

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I believe true strength is the ability to end life with a fanfare so powerful it is remembered throughout all history. I train to die. People like Dian Wei from Dynasty Warriors and Babyface are my ultimate heroes. I don't know if you know the stories
    I leave for a few months and no one was able to keep this idiot in check?

Posted On:
    9/02/2006 2:51pm

Join us... or die
     Style: FBSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    They've just been toying with the poor boy. He's at a throwdown right now though.

Posted On:
    9/02/2006 3:30pm

Style: Judo - Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Poop Loops
    Strength affects how much you can carry, how much Fatigue you have, and how much damage you can do with melee weapons such as swords and axes. Governs the skills of Blunt, Blade, and Hand to Hand.
    Besides, everyone knows you should just take up marksman and alchemy, allowing you to cheese your way through fights.
    "Keep a sharp knife, shiny boots and be on time."

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/02/2006 4:58pm

Style: Judo newb

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Posted On:
    9/02/2006 5:23pm

Join us... or die
     Style: FBSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Iron Wang FTW!

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/02/2006 5:29pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Looking around

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman
    Besides, everyone knows you should just take up marksman and alchemy, allowing you to cheese your way through fights.
    Please...... at 1048th level I need nothing...NOTHING! Love that level glitch, almost as good as the Alchemy one.
Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst 1234 567814 ... LastLast