Page 1 of 29 1 234511 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    9/01/2006 9:18am

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

True Strength

What do you consider true strength? Everybody on www.Bodyweightculture.com is training for the planche, the ultimate test of total body coordination and upper body strength, everybody on www.brutestrength.com wants to bench a city, deadlift a state, and squat worlds, as well as overhead pressing Hell. Everybody on www.marunde-muscle.com wants to power clean a mountain, and tow several parking lots linked together, you know?

What do you consider true strength? What are you aiming for? Are you a ***** just trying to lose weight, or what? What are you physical dreams? Do you consider true strength to be something rather spiritual, or emotional, or is it a physical accomplishment? What do you consider true strength?

**** you math class

Posted On:
    9/01/2006 9:54am

supporting member
     Style: TKD, Ballet, Archery

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/01/2006 12:06pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    strength to bodyweight. Because by the time you can bench 2 x body weight and squat 2.5 x body weight, you have absolute functional strength comparable to any (not elite) lifter as well as relative strength (approaching acrobat/gymnast ratios).

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/01/2006 12:08pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by baofuhaibo
    What do you consider true strength? Everybody on www.Bodyweightculture.com is training for the planche, the ultimate test of total body coordination and upper body strength, everybody on www.brutestrength.com wants to bench a city, deadlift a state, and squat worlds, as well as overhead pressing Hell. Everybody on www.marunde-muscle.com wants to power clean a mountain, and tow several parking lots linked together, you know?

What do you consider true strength? What are you aiming for? Are you a ***** just trying to lose weight, or what? What are you physical dreams? Do you consider true strength to be something rather spiritual, or emotional, or is it a physical accomplishment? What do you consider true strength?

I consider true strength to be the functional strength you can use. To me the strongest people are the really good fighters, I don't care if you can bence a whole shitload of iron or you have rippling abs or whatnot. If you can defeat another man in a NHB situation whether if be a barfight or MMA match you are stronger that that man (even if he is bigger, has more defined muscles or he can lift more or do more pushups than you can). That's just my own opinion though.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/01/2006 12:25pm

Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kracker
    If you can defeat another man in a NHB situation whether if be a barfight or MMA match you are stronger that that man (even if he is bigger, has more defined muscles or he can lift more or do more pushups than you can). That's just my own opinion though.
    They don't necessarily have to be stronger to beat you, just more skilled, maybe faster, etc.
    They might have more fighting ability, but I'd say in the context of fighting, strength would be the ability to hit hard.

resident sick ****

Posted On:
    9/01/2006 12:34pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Being a total psychopath

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    True strength is an insane concept used in martial art storylines such as kung fu movies, video games, and comic books. It really has no basis in reality.

Virtua Fighter 3
    Realizing that he lacked experience from his failure to win the First World Fighting Tournament, Akira went through rigorous training to prepare himself for the Second World Fighting Tournament. Akira returned home, with the second tournament trophy. Yet as he was about to proclaim his victory, his grand-father told him, "Don't flatter yourself. You haven't mastered anything yet." In order to answer the question, "What is true strength," Akira resolved to fight in the tournament once more. On the Third World Fighting Tournament, Akira’s main intensions are to show his grand-father and himself that "true strength".
    カンフー

OOOOOOOOOOAAARRGGHH RLY?

Posted On:
    9/01/2006 12:36pm

supporting member
     Style: In Transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by baofuhaibo

Are you somehow missing the fact that all of those things have the same movements in common? They all likely do the same exercises (or close to it) to achieve their goals, it's just that the demonstration of that strength is different.

nuthin' ta f*ck with

Posted On:
    9/01/2006 12:37pm

supporting member
     Style: MT/SUB GRAPPLING

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What is steel compared to the hand that wields it?

resident sick ****

Posted On:
    9/01/2006 12:38pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Being a total psychopath

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Poop Loops
    Are you somehow missing the fact that all of those things have the same movements in common? They all likely do the same exercises (or close to it) to achieve their goals, it's just that the demonstration of that strength is different.
    Poop Loops I think you and other people are missing where he is getting at. Except for THX100. I think I answered his question.
    カンフー

nuthin' ta f*ck with

Posted On:
    9/01/2006 12:42pm

supporting member
     Style: MT/SUB GRAPPLING

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Conan: The riddle... of steel.

Thulsa Doom: Yes! You know what it is, don't you, boy? Shall I tell you? It's the least I can do.

Steel isn't strong boy, flesh is stronger! Look around you. There, on the rocks; that beautiful girl.
    Come to me my child...
    [The acolyte plunges from the rock to her death.]

Thulsa Doom: That is strength boy! That is power! The strength and power of flesh!
    What is steel compared to the hand that wields it?
    Look at the strength in your body, the desire in your heart, I gave you this! Such a waste.

Contemplate this on the tree of woe.

Crucify him!
Page 1 of 29 1 234511 ... LastLast