Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    8/30/2006 7:54pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Get it while you can!!! Gomi vs Ralph Gracie

Yo pple. This is the clip of Gomi's fight against Ralph Gracie... the one where Ralph refused to touch gloves with Gomi, shooted from a mile away and tried to do an Omega (headbutt to knee :tongue3:)

It's been discussed before, and the clip has come on and off from video.google and youtube. Some of you have seen it, some of you have not, so here it's the link:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=-FKpSOmnoko

Watch it before the copyright police takes it down (or if a dejected Gracie sends a complaint to the youtube admin Gods :tongue6:)
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/30/2006 11:16pm

Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yowch!

POWNED.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    8/30/2006 11:23pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     Aesopian.com 

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ralph is fucking insane and that was just a small instance of karma.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/30/2006 11:24pm

Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Now if only Gomi had been on crutches...

The gift that keeps on giving

Posted On:
    8/31/2006 12:18am

supporting member
     Style: On hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you want the vid on your computer you should check out www.keepvid.com.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/31/2006 6:50am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    lol, not the best advert for Ralph's brand of mma.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/31/2006 7:23am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Shotokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You have sined against the great BJJ, your punishment, 1000 lashes!!!

Seriously that is a great video. It certainly shows the very real need for any BJJer to get at least descent footwork. I know the focus is the ground etc etc but when they say take it to the ground ASAP I seriously doubt that's what they intend.

On a side note how much would it suck to pay for that fight and have it over that quickly. Sure it's a great story but what an anti-climactic finish.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    8/31/2006 8:11am

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aesopian
    Ralph is fucking insane and that was just a small instance of karma.
    Amen. I dunno, Ralph and Ryan Gracie are just fucking fruitcakes talking big.

It was until yesterday when I found the clip (once again) that I had a chance to take a good look at it. Jesus Christ, Ralph was doing a WC-antigrapple shoot from a mile away? Overconfidence, I think so. I cannot possibly believe a fighter of his experience would not know better otherwise.

Prediction: that clip will go away soon. Everytime it comes up in video.google or youtube, eventually it gets taken down because of copyright violations. Of all the UFC, PRIDE and KOTC clips out there, this is the only one that you see that happening... makes you wonder why. :sad3:
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Posted On:
    8/31/2006 10:03am

Join us... or die
     Style: FBSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    6 seconds.

awesome.