Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    9/01/2006 2:53pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kajukenbo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Satori........if you want to Email more about Kajukenbo privetly I would be happy to talk. I am a bit discouraged in posting things here because there seems to be alot of rude and aggresive posters hanging out here. My Email is Kajukenbomamma@aol.com

By the way......big props to Jking for being honest and straight up. I respect that big time!

Mostly, I just sit here. Mostly.

Posted On:
    9/01/2006 3:07pm

hall of famestaff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Teakie
    Satori........if you want to Email more about Kajukenbo privetly I would be happy to talk.
    That's great.

I am a bit discouraged in posting things here because there seems to be alot of rude and aggresive posters hanging out here.
    This is a rough play ground.

My Email is <your AOL e-mail address>
    I'm going to do you a favor and tell you to edit your e-mail address out of that post now. Get a free, low maintenance, quick-and-dirty e-mail address from yahoo or hotmail for posting to an open forum; unless you want your AOL inbox bombed by spam and sociopaths.

By the way......big props to Jking for being honest and straight up. I respect that big time!
    Goody.

Sorry, but "too deadly" is a cliched and broken excuse for failure in MMA- we have absolutly no patience for people who say "our moves are tood deadly". Want to know why? Because your moves aren't too deadly; go to an MMA or BJJ gym and do a little free fighting, try it out. You will not kill anyone, you will not sucessfully defend yourself.

I have had people try to bite, eye gouge, groin grab, and fish hook me while rolling- people otherwise "experienced in martial arts" who thought these dirty techniques would save them when confronted by the grappling they didn't figure they needed to learn. Without fail these techniques 1. make me very angry 2. provide me with an opening to apply an actually meaningful technique 3. end in defeat for the person who thought it would turn the tide.

Furthermore, if you could please explain this "martial ettiquete" I'd appreciate it. Given the context it was brought up and discussed, it smells an aweful lot like "don't question master, don't ask about other styles" and it's that sort of backwards thought process that stunts the progress of a student.

I don't honestly expect you to respond to this, but it would be nice. At the very least take my advice on the e-mail thing, it's for your own good.
    Last edited by Stick; 9/01/2006 3:46pm at .

Posted On:
    9/01/2006 5:24pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop
    Mr. Browning;
    I did get your PM, but not till recently. My own fault. I only get on this forum once or twice a week, and I didn't even realize that this forum had a PM function. Since your PM was from May, I didn't know if your request was still timely.
    To be honest, I haven't written any magazine articles for at least 2-3 years. The last year I have been busy writing a Kajukenbo book, which I hope to have finished in the next few weeks.
    As to writing about kenpo/kempo history, I could not in good conscience write a definative article. Kenpo (Hawaiian variants) history prior to James Mitose's time in Hawaii is very speculative.
    There are differant theories of Mitose's history, but absolutely no real evidence to prove the truth of any of the theories beyond a reasonable doubt.
    Some people believe a tale of generations of Japanese monks and samurai's.
    Some people believe Mitose trained with Choki Motobu in Japan.
    Some people believe in a more recent connection to Okinawan kempo arts practiced in the Hawaii of the 30's.
    And some people believe he just learned it from watching jujitsu classes and reading karate books.
    I sent you a pm with my off site contact information, if you are willing to talk by phone I think we could sort this out faster.

Enforcer of Northeast Anti-Silliness Department Inc.

Posted On:
    9/01/2006 8:04pm

supporting member
     Style: Kaju, BJJ, Judo, Kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dai Tenshi, very well said on the "too deadly" stuff. I was a victim of that kind of flawed thinking for quite quite some time, and I did just what you said and got my rear kicked by some real fighters. That kind of kick in the ass (pun intended) really got me to change my perspective and I hope anyone else reading this thread does so too. Quite a learning experience.
    Knowing is not enough, you must apply...
    ...Willing is not enough you must do
    ~Bruce Lee

ARGUMENTUM AD LATINUM DICTIONAIRUM

Posted On:
    9/01/2006 8:17pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Argumenta ad Rem

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Indeed.

--J.D.
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789