Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Office Drone

Posted On:
    10/10/2006 12:43pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I hate weightrooms and lifting, although I suppose it's better than running.

Haven't been in quite awhile, but I do miss some of the meatheaded **** that goes on there. I love the macho posturing bullshit. Like when the smaller guy on the bench across from you works up to your weight one session and keeps looking over at you to get your attention, just to let you know: 'ya man, you ain't any stronger than me'. What's even better is when he starts topping you and you have to go over and pull the bar off him.

My favorite question to ask guys who try to make conversation in the gym: "so, what are you here for?" "Lifting man" "Ya, but like what sport do you play, what are you gaining for?" "Uhhh, I just like lifting man". What a waste of protein and energy. There are so many idiots, especially at my university, who play no sports or perform any activity that requires muscle-mass (like powerlifting lol), yet can be found each week, religiously, in the campus weightroom, isolating their biceps for that ,extra tone and pump, lolllzers.

Weightlifting is fine, but I've found that I get better gains, in both mass and strength, from applied exercise. Like, for awhile I had this 100-lb sailing dinghy that I used to carry around to beaches and lakes everywhere. When I first got it, despite having a 'healthy' 245 bench with 6 reps, I had a hard time carrying the thing because it was an akward shape and the terrain was often sandy, muddy. By the time I sold it half a year ago I could tote it around like a backpack and hadn't been in the gym in months, after that I found my bench had gone down to barely pushing 225 single rep. Another example along those lines. Awhile back I was into strengthening my forearms and grip. So I got some of those grippers and did worked in some exercises for the gym for the forearms. Made pretty slow progress (measured rather unscientifically on my ability to control and/or escape from other's wrist holding while grappling/clinching in BJJ class). Then came along a project which basically involved me having to sew a shitload of sails that I had come across at my old job, with various rips, tears and holes. So I spent weeks at work with a bigass fucking needle and a palm pushing string the size of twine through old sails. Forearms grew a bit, but the biggest improvements come in finger size and strength (which was sorely lacking before and sorely lacking yet again :(). At BJJ, happiness ensued.

GIJoe6186 like boys, mainly his brother

Posted On:
    10/10/2006 1:38pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why do you guys care about others in the gym?? Yeah its funny to laugh at the stupid stuff but to end your workout short because someone else is talking on the phone and stuff?

Stop being bitches! Just laugh and continue working out. Hell I even act like an ass at the gym sometimes. I like to warm up sometimes and do a Ronnie Coleman "liiiiight weight baby, yeah buddy!" just to see the other people go..WTF!

I have also been known to invoke the powers of Captain Planet to assist me in a heavy deadlift. My gym has like 5 people lifting when I workout but it makes my workout more interesting.

Bullshido Wikipedia Delegate

Posted On:
    10/10/2006 2:14pm

supporting memberhall of fameBullshido Newbie
     Style: Krav / (Kick)Boxing / BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Maurice, where in chicago are you?

An American Hero!

Posted On:
    10/10/2006 10:57pm

Business Class Supporting Membersupporting member
     TryKickboxingNow.com - Free Internet Marketing for Kickboxing Programs! Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    LOL @ "Captain Planet".

Im gonna invoke the powers of Genghis Khan and destroy any asians that come to the gym tonight.

Im also going with my friend who likes to naked (as pointed out in the earlier post), Ill probally do some naked military presses too.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/11/2006 12:32pm

Style: Mo-jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Steve, I'm all over. I work in the Loop, live in Bridgeport, and sometimes train on the N Side.

Bullshido Wikipedia Delegate

Posted On:
    10/11/2006 2:19pm

supporting memberhall of fameBullshido Newbie
     Style: Krav / (Kick)Boxing / BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by maurice
    Steve, I'm all over. I work in the Loop, live in Bridgeport, and sometimes train on the N Side.
    We might have a throwdown in S. Illinois/St. Louis. Otherwise, there's a monthly/bimonthly event in N. Chicago every so often.

PM me where you train and such, and we'll try to arrange a get-together with other chicago people.

Posted On:
    10/11/2006 11:42pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by LI GUY 1
    I have also been known to invoke the powers of Captain Planet to assist me in a heavy deadlift. My gym has like 5 people lifting when I workout but it makes my workout more interesting.
    I coached womens triathlon for a bit a few years ago. I made the team recite the longest statement from Conan the Barbarian at the start line

"Conan, what is the most important thing in life?"

"To crush and destroy your enemies, to see them driven before you. To hear the lamentation of their vomen..... KROOOMMM!!"

I just wanted to see if I could make them do it. THey did and it amused my simple mind

Posted On:
    10/11/2006 11:59pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ - Homeland Security

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Camus
    Weightlifting is fine, but I've found that I get better gains, in both mass and strength, from applied exercise.
    I found this as well. Back in 11th grade I was working on a loading dock and gained quite a bit of size in just two months of lugging photo development chemicals and 21" tube monitors. Nowadays everyone's going digital and using LCDs.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wastrel
    I think the forum's traditionally light-handed approach to moderation has become untenable.

IF I POST ONE MORE CRAPPY THREAD I WILL GET LOCKED IN TROLLSHIDO FOR A MONTH

Posted On:
    10/12/2006 3:26am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Deadly Flower Fist

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Shuma, if you want to see something really funny, get some gym junkies to do some real work. Very quickly their muscles swell up with blood, and they can't move them. Hilarious!

"Here. Carry this." Sort while later, muscle failure and they're all messed up.

The concept of muscle isolation is perhaps one of the most moronic things I've ever heard of. You move wholisticly, not in isolation, so isolating one muscle is amazingly retarded.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567