Sexiest Punching Bag Alive

Posted On:
    9/01/2006 9:58pm

Style: BJJ/Judo/Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Das Moose
    You mean the tech here?

That was the other one I was thinking of as well as the scoop I described.

You have no clue how happy i was to learn these.

Its basically the same thing.

Posted On:
    9/03/2006 10:20pm

Style: Muay Thai n00b

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Beaton Yu
    Ne Waza is usually balls to the wall. The stiffness is an individual thing. Some of the more advance Judo players are very smooth and loose.
    Awsome quote! And exactly right, even in my newer, better Judo Dojo (Move to college brought me to Worcester, MA; a much bigger city than my small town with more and better training opertunities) NeWaza has to be done QUICK, but that doesn't mean poorly or stiffly... just intense and fast.

A green belt running the class seems a bit strange to me. I guess if it's just the intro to Judo stuff then it could be OK, but there really should be a senior brown belt or higher in charge.
    In any judo dojo I've been to a senior sensei or black belt is assigned to the n00bs because they need the most experianced and best help they can get (aside from the Coach tho') From what I hear neither dojo seems just right to me. Also, "Hawk" drill "games"??? wtf happened to randori or even French Randori???

Posted On:
    9/03/2006 10:30pm

Style: Muay Thai n00b

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by El Macho
    That's kind of weird to see someone that's not a black belt in judo teaching. See, as it's been mentioned here, the belt system in Judo is not the same as in BJJ. Not that the former's belt system is less stringent or rigid. It's that the meaning of the belts are not the same, nor are the focus of the two arts the same.

This is not a very correct statement, but it may serve the purpose. A black belt in Judo may be compared to something in between the meaning of BJJ purple and brown belts. I read that somewhere... will provide a link if I find it.

That comparison is not 100% accurate as the focus of both arts are different and the meaning of the belts are different, too. But from that, I find it weird that a Judo brown belt is teaching a class. Never heard of that before.
    It's because it doesn't happen. I've even yet to see a club run by a Shodan. Mostly Sandans to Yondans I've seen. Currently my school has 10 BB's a few of which are Sandan/Nidan, but I found a pretty healthy dojo. I guess, whichever you feel teaches you more and works your groundgame better I'd stick with if you still are thinking BJJ
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123