Featherweight

Posted On:
    1/11/2007 1:34am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: AIKI

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Question!
    What do you mean by no stick fighting just regular FMA classes?
    Flow drills, self defense techniques against a stick using your own stick, etc.,

not Dog brothers gathering of the pack style throw down

Featherweight

Posted On:
    1/11/2007 3:08am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: AIKI

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DJR
    Not sure what you mean by sparring with projectiles, I'm not sure that if anybody's doing that anyhwhere....

".

http://www.bullshido.net/modules.php...7&page=2&pp=10

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/11/2007 7:41pm

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DaTengu
    Hello everyone.

-Krumpus, what rules did you guys fight under in the throw down, do you plan on having another one any time soon?

-DJR, when I visited Mr Gelinas AKA sled dog’s school he told me that there was no stick fighting in Montreal because no one was interested, just regular FMA classes unfortunately. Is anybody local interested in weapons sparring but with slightly altered rules from DBMA, as in incorporating projectiles?

-Shuma Gorath, when I trained at Tri Star, the kickboxing, bjjj etc, were split up into separate classes, there was no MMA class as such. The only sparring I saw was Ivan Mengivar and Donald Ouimet going at it in the ring to get ready for an upcoming TKO event. In the few months I was there I saw David Loiseau bust an overly aggressive noob’s nose in boxing sparring once. I was disappointed to see the pros didn’t help the regular members of the gym learn by sparring or rolling with them on a regular basis though (which is why I joined in the first place, I even asked David, “can I train with you guys?” before signing up!)

-MartialNoob, Do you know if the bjj purple belt instructor at tristar is Ivan Mengivar?

-Tofu, on the H2O website Richard Ho writes that the training is not geared to just sport mma but focuses on self defense as well. Do you guys ever spar with groin and eye attacks (with eye protection and a cup of course!) instead of just standard kickboxing? If not what do you guys do different than most MMA clubs?

Thanks in advance for any information any of you guys might provide.

HI, i never sparred with groin striked etc... what makes us different i suppose is the good atmosphere of our gym. Lots of nice people, no "meat head" mentality and solid technique.

Alex
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123