Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/27/2006 6:24pm

Style: Kickboxing, Boxing, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

UFC 64- Anderson Silva vs. Rich Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by ufc.com
    Las Vegas, NV – After a seven-month absence, UFC® World Middleweight Champion Rich “Ace” Franklin returns to the Octagon™ to make his third title defense against the seemingly unstoppable UFC newcomer Anderson “The Spider” Silva. With a history of vicious striking and devastating knockout power, Silva has quickly become the most dangerous contender in the UFC middleweight division. Franklin, who remains undefeated in the UFC, will put his belt up for stakes when he squares off against Silva in the main event of the Ultimate Fighting Championship® organization’s UFC 64: UNSTOPPABLE taking place live from Las Vegas at the Mandalay Bay Events Center Saturday, Oct. 14.
    That's quick. One fight and already Silva's the #1 middleweight.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/27/2006 7:03pm

Style: mantis kung-fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    quick , alright. mighty quick.

Professional Swede

Posted On:
    8/27/2006 7:07pm

Style: Sandbagged BJJ white belt

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Considering that his competition is (or was) Chris Leben and Swick, it's not so strange. They want Loiseau to fight someone in order to set up the next title shot. That's either Swick or Silva, and I guess they just picked Silva to fight Franklin, because they want another good fight out of Swick until Silva or Franklin demolish himm if Loiseay doesn't do it first. Marquardt needs some more time and more convincing wins, and Tanner just lost to both Loiseau and Franklin..

What mystified me about this though, is that the UFC is implicitly admitting that there are other shows out there that count. I guess they've realized that with PRIDE coming, they can't really hide the rest of the MMA world, especially with the Silva - Lidell announcement they made.
    I pointed at him [the panhandler], bringing my rear hand up in a subtle approximation of the double Wu Sau guard that is the default hand position in Wing Chun Kung Fu.

"Step away," I hissed.
    -Phil Elmore

Posted On:
    8/27/2006 7:15pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow, good call Zuffa. Taking the competition up a notch.

So much potential in the 185 class.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/28/2006 11:40am

Style: BJJ, Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    great for silva.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/28/2006 11:59am

Style: Can't afford one yet

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PoleFighter
    What mystified me about this though, is that the UFC is implicitly admitting that there are other shows out there that count. I guess they've realized that with PRIDE coming, they can't really hide the rest of the MMA world, especially with the Silva - Lidell announcement they made.
    I'm going to assume you're a knowledgeable MMA fan and not be a dick about this. But Dana and the UFC has tried to play ball with PRIDE for awhile now. Occasionally it's actually happened, although it was awhile ago. Remember what Rampage did to Chuck?

Back to the topic at hand. It would be easy to say Anderson's machine gun fists + Franklin's questionable chin = New Champ. But if it were that simple, Franklin would've been KTFO'ed long ago. I say Franklin won't pull a Babalu. He'll use his head, stick to his gameplan(which will probably be to take Anderson down) and come out with another win.

As an aside, I'd love to see Phil Baroni come back to the UFC. Every good show needs a villain to root against.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/28/2006 12:51pm

Style: WTF TKD, BJJ/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Should be a good fight... and the Crow, who hopefully is done with his stage fright will get back in and give the winner a good fight instead of the crap he gave us against Franklin...

('._.)

Posted On:
    8/30/2006 12:55pm

Style: Mixed Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Silva is a baaad matchup for Franklin. Franklin always relies on his striking skills in fights, but Silva is a more technical, better striker. And Franklin has a suspect chin. We could have a new middleweight champion soon.

T3h R34l Gangnam Style!

Posted On:
    8/30/2006 1:10pm

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok, I'm relatively new to the MMA world, but I thought Franklin's "suspect chin" was something that was just basically made up by Nate Quarry. When else has his "suspect chin" been discussed.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/30/2006 1:20pm

Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh come on guys, Ace is the man. Just because Anderson looked so great beating the **** out of Leben, doesn't mean that he's going to destroy Rich. Besides, if Rich fought leben, it would be a very similar fight to Silva v. Leben.
Page 1 of 13 1 234511 ... LastLast