Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/25/2006 12:28pm

Style: Aikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Abe Frohman
    Dude, look at my location.

Don't worry about the mix up, with the way the coast curves around here I get confused all the time and I grew up here.

i grew up in lakewood, but to avoid confusion, I said LB. right of carson and paramount is where I grew up.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/25/2006 12:38pm

Style: Korean Krotty

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Lakewood may as well be Long Beach these days. Too many damn cities around here as it is. Its like a housing tract can up and be its own city these days ala Signal Hill.

I graduated from Huntington Beach, but am now living off cherry and Broadway in LB. So many great schools around here to train at, but sadly I am not really familiar with the IE. I just go out there to shoot guns at the old olympic range at Prado. Look for Clyde though if you are still interested in Kenpo, have heard lots of good things about him and his students.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/27/2006 1:38am

Style: Kajukenbo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What town are you in? IE pretty spread out, could be anywhere from Chino to Redlands.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    8/27/2006 2:02am

supporting member
     Style: na

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Anyone who didn't say Judo is stupid. Judo is only hope out of the crap that was on your list.

Posted On:
    8/28/2006 4:01am

Style: Boxing, Solar Ray Attack

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I need opinions
    Please tell me what to think

An American Hero!

Posted On:
    8/28/2006 4:26am

Business Class Supporting Membersupporting member
     TryKickboxingNow.com - Free Internet Marketing for Kickboxing Programs! Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    DO NOT GO TO USSD!!!

They suck horrible balls and are one of the worst orginizations around. Their "martial art" is Kempo but they have an identity crisis and like to be associated with "Shaolin Kung-Fu" which is even more bullshit.

I taught there and they suck balls. Trust me dont ever do it. Anyone!

Sexiest Punching Bag Alive

Posted On:
    8/29/2006 9:05am

Style: BJJ/Judo/Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The best way to use martial arts to get into shape and stay physically fit is to train like you are going to compete. You do not have to compete, but training like you are preparing for a judo/bjj/ or mma competition will get you in shape and keep you in shape. So out of your list, I recomend judo.

Injury Waiting To Happen

Posted On:
    8/29/2006 9:14am

supporting member
     Style: Snatch Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Definitely Judo. A Kenpo school that spars heavily can be OK, but seeing as that's not the case here, Judo.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    8/29/2006 9:40am

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by aikiguy
    I am relatively new to this site. I have studied several different Martial Arts, and have not comlpleted any of them to the point of either first Dan or Black Belt. My question is out of Judo, Kenpo, Aikido, TKD, and Shan Tung Kung-Fu, which of these is worth studying to the end assuming that my goal is only for exercise and self defense. Thanks.
    Dude, you have done Judo, so you should already know the answer to your question *sigh* Judo!
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/29/2006 9:47am

Style: TSD-MDK

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by aikiguy
    I am relatively new to this site. I have studied several different Martial Arts, and have not comlpleted any of them to the point of either first Dan or Black Belt. My question is out of Judo, Kenpo, Aikido, TKD, and Shan Tung Kung-Fu, which of these is worth studying to the end assuming that my goal is only for exercise and self defense. Thanks.
    The guy is trolling, look at his last thread:

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=45706

Is this "KipDynamite"?????
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234