222118 Bullies, 3909 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 11 to 20 of 78
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. Devil is online now
    Devil's Avatar

    His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,520

    Posted On:
    8/24/2006 2:44pm

    supporting member
     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by aikiguy
    how can you say it does not work? there are countless ways to prove this, and there are countless people who have done it. and what is search function? forgive my ignorance.
    There is only one way to prove it, and nobody has done it. If you know of someone who has, please provide verifiable facts rather than anecdotal evidence.
  2. Mr. Jones is offline
    Mr. Jones's Avatar

    resident sick ****

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    3,309

    Posted On:
    8/24/2006 2:46pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: Being a total psychopath

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm not getting into this. I have become apathetic towards Aikido threads. However I'll just add that this makes me hate people from my own martial art.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBp4KI94CPw
    カンフー
  3. aikiguy is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    California
    Posts
    99

    Posted On:
    8/24/2006 2:48pm


     Style: Aikido

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bud Shi Dist
    Countless? Who has made it work? Did it work on a fully resisting opponent?

    Name names now, and they better not be O-Sensei or Steven Segal.
    Myself, for one, against people who were resisting. Yes that means there muscles were tense.

    Aikido is a system of flow.... yeah yeah flow my ass right? okay.... one move leads to another. Everyones body is built the same way, that is all the seams are the same.... so if someone is able to resist a shihonage manuever, what is to stop you from moving into sankyo?
  4. aikiguy is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    California
    Posts
    99

    Posted On:
    8/24/2006 2:50pm


     Style: Aikido

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Jones
    I'm not getting into this. I have become apathetic towards Aikido threads. However I'll just add that this makes me hate people from my own martial art.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBp4KI94CPw
    what is your art?
  5. Mr. Jones is offline
    Mr. Jones's Avatar

    resident sick ****

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    3,309

    Posted On:
    8/24/2006 2:50pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: Being a total psychopath

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by aikiguy
    Myself, for one, against people who were resisting. Yes that means there muscles were tense.
    It's not resistance unless you counter their techniques.
    カンフー
  6. FictionPimp is offline

    Sexiest Punching Bag Alive

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    2,147

    Posted On:
    8/24/2006 2:50pm


     Style: BJJ/Judo/Boxing

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by aikiguy
    Myself, for one, against people who were resisting. Yes that means there muscles were tense.

    Aikido is a system of flow.... yeah yeah flow my ass right? okay.... one move leads to another. Everyones body is built the same way, that is all the seams are the same.... so if someone is able to resist a shihonage manuever, what is to stop you from moving into sankyo?
    My fist.
  7. Devil is online now
    Devil's Avatar

    His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,520

    Posted On:
    8/24/2006 2:52pm

    supporting member
     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by aikiguy
    Myself, for one, against people who were resisting. Yes that means there muscles were tense.

    Aikido is a system of flow.... yeah yeah flow my ass right? okay.... one move leads to another. Everyones body is built the same way, that is all the seams are the same.... so if someone is able to resist a shihonage manuever, what is to stop you from moving into sankyo?

    This has to be a troll.

    Please provide ONE video of an Aikido practitioner winning a fight using Aikido only.

    If you can't (and you can't, because there aren't any), then please stop saying words.
  8. missile is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    129

    Posted On:
    8/24/2006 2:53pm


     Style: Judo + Kyokushin

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    Aikido is great for dealing with drunk guys and people you're larger than, without getting yourself into legal trouble.
    I'm not even sold on this argument. Suppose for a second that it was that one magical night that occurs every five hundred years when aikido techniques work. Then performed at full speed these techniques would be extremely violent, leading to broken arms, wrists, and concussion. Aikidoka train ukemi religiously in order to take ukemi safely, and if a technique were performed succesfully on someone who doesn't train (once every 500 years remember) that person would probably get hurt.

    Part of aikido training is learning to hold two mutually exclusive ideas. 1: We are way too deadly to spar. 2: We train to defend ourselves without injuring our attackers. As it happens, these are both false.
  9. FictionPimp is offline

    Sexiest Punching Bag Alive

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    2,147

    Posted On:
    8/24/2006 2:55pm


     Style: BJJ/Judo/Boxing

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by missile
    I'm not even sold on this argument. Suppose for a second that it was that one magical night that occurs every five hundred years when aikido techniques work. Then performed at full speed these techniques would be extremely violent, leading to broken arms, wrists, and concussion. Aikidoka train ukemi religiously in order to take ukemi safely, and if a technique were performed succesfully on someone who doesn't train (once every 500 years remember) that person would probably get hurt.

    Part of aikido training is learning to hold two mutually exclusive ideas. 1: We are way too deadly to spar. 2: We train to defend ourselves without injuring our attackers. As it happens, these are both false.

    Actually I apply a lot of what I learned from aikido in bjj, boxing, and judo. But what I apply is not anything unique to aikido. Good timing, good advice for movement, ikkyo, etc. I apply these things full force, just like any other judo or bjj technique.
  10. Teh El Macho is offline
    Teh El Macho's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia
    Posts
    11,762

    Posted On:
    8/24/2006 2:57pm

    supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by aikiguy
    Myself, for one, against people who were resisting. Yes that means there muscles were tense.

    Dude, from where the blubbery **** did you get the idea that a resisting opponent meant a person whose muscles were tense? Anways, we mean somebody who's trying his best not to get owned by you and and the same time trying to throw you, strike you or submit you.

    Quote Originally Posted by aikiguy
    Aikido is a system of flow.... yeah yeah flow my ass right? okay.... one move leads to another. Everyones body is built the same way, that is all the seams are the same.... so if someone is able to resist a shihonage manuever, what is to stop you from moving into sankyo?
    Yada, yada.

    You said that you are one person that makes it work. However, that does not mean "countless" as you said.

    Quote Originally Posted by aikiguy
    how can you say it does not work? there are countless ways to prove this, and there are countless people who have done it. and what is search function? forgive my ignorance.
    You are not "countless", and doing it against somebody who has tense muscles is not one of the countless ways to prove it.

    You said "countless of people" so you better start giving names of people who made it work against someone who is in real life trying to kick, punch, throw or submit.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

    My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

    New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

    t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

    The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.