Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/29/2007 6:40am

Style: Mongolian

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BASE853
    That extends to anyone in the Twin Cities area. I really am proud of the Martial Arts comunity that we have here in town so if people want to get together for some FRIENDLY training I would be all about it. I really enjoy both of the schools I am at, but if we can find open mat space it would be fun to train with differnt people and different styles.
    Same here. I think its good to train with people outside of the normal classes. After I get this bathroom remodel out of the way I should have some time. I'm not the competitive jerk that looks around to pound on people. What I'm looking for is people to spar/roll with that are closer by where I live or work that will do so in a friendly manner as well.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/29/2007 1:24pm

Style: Bujinkan Budo Taijutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey, just jumping in here... keep me posted, I'd love to meet up with other Minnesota types (last several attempts from way back just kinda sputtered). I know its not ideal, but if a proper indoor place can't be found, would you guys be up for training outside while we still have our brief glimpse of warm(ish) weather?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/29/2007 1:30pm

Style: tkd, kickboxing, bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't know about outdoor training...people might see us rolling and think we are the ghey with all the hugging and taking of backs and what not.

Actually outdoor training would be fun. Do you have some place in mind? I figure we have four more weeks before it starts snowing.

As a Judo friend said...9 months out of the year everyone is wearing a gi top in this part of the country.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/29/2007 5:37pm

Style: Mongolian

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BASE853
    I don't know about outdoor training...people might see us rolling and think we are the ghey with all the hugging and taking of backs and what not.
    LOL, this actually happened ot me when I was training outside and we almost got in a fight. A car full of guys saw us training and called us queers before turning around to beat us. My teacher at that time noticed this and we switched to boxing, they just kept going when they saw that.

Outside training would be fine. I'm kind of busy for the next two weeks and I should be open. After things slow down for me I can better coordinate some kind of meet up. I have access to space in Hopkins for when it gets colder but its also nice to meet up in a more centralized location as I'm on the NW side of the cities.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/29/2007 5:37pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hmm, well I live in downtown. It's likely you'd have some better areas in the suburbs. I'll usually end up driving out of the city to meet with training partners.

We have trained on the mall of the college I went to and I've never had a problem with their campus security. The Minneapolis Rose Gardens and Lake of the Isles/Calhoun are nice. The people are probably used to having wierdos working out there... aaaaand we'd be more likely to be hit on than threatened near uptown :smile:
    Last edited by Spunky; 8/29/2007 5:42pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/29/2007 5:56pm

Style: tkd, kickboxing, bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Spunky
    Hmm, well I live in downtown. It's likely you'd have some better areas in the suburbs. I'll usually end up driving out of the city to meet with training partners.

We have trained on the mall of the college I went to and I've never had a problem with their campus security. The Minneapolis Rose Gardens and Lake of the Isles/Calhoun are nice. The people are probably used to having wierdos working out there... aaaaand we'd be more likely to be hit on than threatened near uptown :smile:
    I also live down town, so getting anywhere in the city is fairly easy for me except during rush hour. So, as things settle down for everyone I would be all about starting some kind of Twin Cites training get together. Hell, we could even make it a regular thing and make beers a part of our ritual.

I see everyone has different styles in their field so that should this should be really cool.

As everyone's schedule frees up lets make this thing happen. As I said before I can get to pretty much anywhere in the metro fairly easily.

And you are correct. I think a bunch of dudes rolling around on eachother would fit right in in Uptown. But damn they have tasty food there.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/24/2007 3:18pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey... things are finally slowing down for me again. Anyone still up for this before it gets cold again? (though hell it will just get warm the next week anyway... then cold.. then hot.. damn schizoid state)

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/24/2007 5:03pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: danzan ryu/drunk fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    sounds fun.lets do it.cheers.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/24/2007 10:58pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: jujutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Doc' gym, it is in north mpls and it has sambo and bjj. Worrior's cove sucks... mcdojo but they do have good judo. Are you in north or south mpls?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/25/2007 12:11pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What's happening with everyone this thursday?
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 123 45 LastLast