Our Sponsors:

Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 192526272829
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    9/04/2006 3:46pm

Style: karate,MMA(between gyms)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Auslander...you actually like my posts? What the hell is wrong with you?:5shocking

Which is fine so long as they do not denigrate it. What I mean is a BJJ guy who has to learn stand-up/striking doing so to improve his game. "Denigrate" is him doing it with the "I guess I will learn a punch, but it won't really be necessary." If you walk into a discipline with that attitude, you surprisingly do not learn anything!
    You said it Docter! Thats the truth of it. :qleft1:

Seems that attitude is disappearing a bit now however. But it isnt gone.

Somehow they all think uechi-ryu is a nearly flawless stand up art.(Though alot of posters seem to take a pro-bjj training approche, but on other aspects of fighting they think uechi-ryu is perfect)

And they do it in a way thats conforming.
    Ever heard of 'The bearded lady?' I dont want to get into it, but im sure Tony probably told you alot about it.

Make no mistake, I like uechi, it has alot to offer as a stand-up art depending on who your teacher is. For instance considering Rick's grappling experience, im surprised at just how well uechi works in a grappling/clinching range, hell it's as if it were made to go together(im not saying it was made to go together, but it works just as well)
    Look at Jim Malony, i never met him but saw some training videos of his.

And i met some of his students

What a monster...:bully:

If i didnt like the uechi, i would not train in it, its a damn good art.

But i dont think it's invincible, i hope to also get other arts under my belt.
    Last edited by AAAhmed46; 9/04/2006 3:50pm at .

resident sick ****

Posted On:
    9/04/2006 6:32pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Being a total psychopath

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AAAhmed46
    Filipino woman are hot too though, the slender ones i mean.
    Lol @ slender women.

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hii44Nc5qmM[/MEDIA]
    カンフー

ARGUMENTUM AD LATINUM DICTIONAIRUM

Posted On:
    9/04/2006 8:01pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Argumenta ad Rem

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks Der and AAAhmed. I rather thought I would lose 99% of the board ranting about one small style.

One example of denigration I will give is running away with a logical argument [What?--Ed.]. The example I give is that, no, I do not want to be on the ground in the bar or in t3h d34dly dtr33tz. The "running away" is people who then claim grappling is "useless" or "dangerous" because "you don't want to be on the ground."

Well hey, asshole, I do not want to be attacked either! What type of argument is that?!!

An Okinawan Senior-Senior put it bluntly regarding combinations and the like. Why the hell do you need to make a kata to cover it? It is kind of hard, actually, to put a round-house kick--a good round house kick--in a kata. Sure, you can kick air . . . why not just kick the bag . . . or that annoying **** who does not bow deeply enough to you . . . the little bastard!!

It is like, "hey, you need to practice your jab 100 times. So here is a kata where you jab 100 times." Maybe I could create one and market it. Cannot be any worse than "feeling around for you opponent when blinded" or "trapping a punch with my 'closed-gate' position."

You want to see some crappling, see that move executed on compliant partners! It is "t3h d34dly!" You really have to be an expert at throwing yourself around people--Aikido got nothin' on us!

Being an asshole I "raised it" as a question to some Okinawan Senior-Senior-Seniors from different Uechi organizations in front of the guy who practices it. They very politely asked me what I was smoking and could I send some to their hotel rooms. They then had four assistants take me outside to beat the crap out of me and then forced me to enroll in a Ki Aikido dojo "for shaming us!"

Ask the guy who proposed it who was there . . . he just does not remember the conversation. What part of "shaking heads laughing at one another and a translator trying to make 'baka!' sound like 'well, that is interesting'" did this guy miss?

Do not even get me started on breating. . . .

Damn . . . so mad now . . . no beer nearby . . . maybe that Young Earth Creationist is about . . . have to kick something.

--J.D.

Posted On:
    9/04/2006 8:18pm

Style: karate,MMA(between gyms)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The arguement of whether or not going to the ground in a self defence situation really depends on the situation.

If your alone and your attacked by a group of people, probably not a good idea to take someone down and stay there.

If you have friends with you, and you know you would do better on the ground, why not take your opponent to the ground? Your buddies are there to back you up(if you have good friends)

Or if your at a wedding and Uncle Bill is drunk and getting violent. Will you beat the **** out of him, or control him by grappling?

Did i read that right Docter X? Did they actually get guys to jump you for asking a question?

nuthin' ta f*ck with

Posted On:
    9/04/2006 8:22pm

supporting member
     Style: MT/SUB GRAPPLING

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AAAhmed46

Or if your at a wedding and Uncle Bill is drunk and getting violent. Will you beat the **** out of him, or control him by grappling?
    Probably the same as last time, the tazer.

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    9/04/2006 10:03pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by THX-1138
    Probably the same as last time, the tazer.
    I usually just let the little neices and nephews kick him in the crotch repeatedly.

Posted On:
    9/04/2006 10:49pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    you like to do lots of things with crotchs derauslander... stop raping little male caterppilars and get some help for your beastial gay sex problem.

Posted On:
    9/04/2006 11:56pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I see your Uncle Bill has joined us, Der. . . .

--J.D.

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    9/05/2006 2:15am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He actually did it...

This should be fun...

Posted On:
    9/05/2006 5:08am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Do I even wish to figure out what his first post was.

I luv tyeh rhandoon posith styolye Lol

--J.D.
Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 192526272829