Knee + Head = Black Eye * 2

Posted On:
    8/21/2006 3:32pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Another BJJ Wins Again Thread

Strangely enough I got in a fight on Saturday also (in reference to the Hedgehogey thread). Anyway, I figured I'd be a pretentious bastard and post about it.

Some drunk wrestler and I got into a row over something stupid (I was drunk too, it was all sorts of fun). Anyway, he came at me and I single-legged him onto the concrete. Concrete with gravel on it. And broken glass (I'm not joking). Anyway, took him down, passed his "guard" to side control. He was way bigger than me and reversed me. I fell into guard, armbarrd him till I heard a snap and he tried to lift me. Stood up. Right hooked him in the jaw, and he starts to wobble. Clinches, he knees me in the face, didn't really feel it then, but my nose is unhappy today. Anyway, we both were pretty much done at that point and mutually broke up and then got some beers together. It was good times.

Moral of the story:

1) Broken glass doesn't mean ****. My knees are a bit scraped from holding side control, but nothing bad.

2) I need to learn some standup.

3) Armbars don't stop a fight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris
    Imagine if track was run like the martial arts community. While the winning teams would just sprint down the field, smoking the competition, you'd have a bunch of losers running around explaining how they can skip down the track just as fast. Never mind that it doesn't fucking work. Oh no, they're too fast for track. They run on the STREET.

Unexpected Elbow

Posted On:
    8/21/2006 4:46pm

Join us... or die
     Style: MMA/Pankration

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You didn't learn that from Mir/Sylvia? Big dumb guys are immune to armbar pain.
    "The depressing thing about tennis is that no matter how good I get, I'll never be as good as a wall." - Mitch Hedberg

El Guapo says dance!

Knee + Head = Black Eye * 2

Posted On:
    8/21/2006 4:50pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by chaosexmachina
    You didn't learn that from Mir/Sylvia? Big dumb guys are immune to armbar pain.
    I just figured Mir didn't have the r34l BBJ.
    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris
    Imagine if track was run like the martial arts community. While the winning teams would just sprint down the field, smoking the competition, you'd have a bunch of losers running around explaining how they can skip down the track just as fast. Never mind that it doesn't fucking work. Oh no, they're too fast for track. They run on the STREET.

nail conditioning

Posted On:
    8/21/2006 4:57pm

Style: Rehab

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just can't see how that's a win for you, or BJJ, or anyone in fact. You armbarred him and he didn't care. Then you crap-hooked him, Then he kneed you in the face? Stay out of trouble for your own good.

Your RBSD Cannot Save You Now.

Posted On:
    8/21/2006 5:48pm

supporting member
     Style: Spanish Rapier/Epee/Foil

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You "Were Both Mutually Done At That Point", so you, "Broke Up With Him"?

Another BJJ gets too gay for teh Coyote thread.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/21/2006 5:51pm

Style: Relson Gracie Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I like this story better than Hedge's.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/21/2006 11:02pm

Style: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    maybe you didn't apply the armbar far enough. When BJJ people train, they are usually really careful in applying armbars because they don't want to injure their partner. If it were life and death, I'd make sure that when I applyed the armbar I'd bend his elbow around my leg so that his wrist was touching his shoulder. That may not even stop a fight, but it would render his limb useless. If you only heard one or two pops, that is not a fight stopper because typically you don't feel that till the next morning. At least from the experience I've had having my elbow bent the wrong way. Also regarding having side control reversed, no matter how much stronger or bigger they are, you should be able to maintain it with proper technique.

nail conditioning

Posted On:
    8/21/2006 11:16pm

Style: Rehab

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by drew-jitsu
    maybe you didn't apply the armbar far enough. When BJJ people train, they are usually really careful in applying armbars because they don't want to injure their partner. If it were life and death, I'd make sure that when I applyed the armbar I'd bend his elbow around my leg so that his wrist was touching his shoulder. That may not even stop a fight, but it would render his limb useless. If you only heard one or two pops, that is not a fight stopper because typically you don't feel that till the next morning. At least from the experience I've had having my elbow bent the wrong way. Also regarding having side control reversed, no matter how much stronger or bigger they are, you should be able to maintain it with proper technique.
    Read the 'Omeganisms' thread. The phrases 'I heard it pop about 8 times' and 'until it felt like a bike tyre' stick out in my mind.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/21/2006 11:26pm

Style: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by RunningDog
    Read the 'Omeganisms' thread. The phrases 'I heard it pop about 8 times' and 'until it felt like a bike tyre' stick out in my mind.
    link please

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/22/2006 12:17am

Style: BJJ(blue)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ah...that old "snap crackle and pop" type of sound in the morning! Ahhh, makes me nostalgic...

Saw a fight in the beach last year...First guy tackles second guy using crappling techniques second guy complies and goes down pulling guard...and proceedes into arm locking the first guy. Snap crackle and pop, blood chilling scream and arm limp like a wet noodle.

PS- I wished I had a videocamera there..could have sold that stuff as the better and improved rickson versus hugo duarte fight...a tweek here and a tweek there and no one would know the difference!:5cold:
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast