Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Seeker of Truth

Posted On:
    7/17/2003 6:00pm

supporting member
     Style: Five Animal Fighting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just got Pavel's Russian Kettlebell Challenge book and DVD along with a 24 lb (not kg) kettlebell.

I got the book and DVD one day before the weight so I was able to review them and do a dry run to get the mechanics down for most of the excerises before trying them for real.

Pavel at the end says it doesn't matter which excersies you do, or how many you do of them, as long as you keep a large amout of variety in your rountie.

I'm looking to lose weight and increase cardio more than build strength. I can do basically everything such as swings, cleans, snatches, and miltary presses other than the palm and bottom up varieties. I am NOT comfortable with doing Windmills or side-press type excerises at this time.

I want to come up with workout, say a 4 or 5 day cycle that varies what I do each day and how long I do it, following what Pavel suggests about mixing it up.

Does anyone who does kettlebell work have any routines they came up with that I could start off with, or a place I could find different routines?

<marquee>Dragon , Snake , Tiger , Leopard , Crane. R.M.F.A.F.T.A.T.! </marquee>

The Man with No Neck

Posted On:
    7/18/2003 12:12am

supporting member
     Style: submission wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Omelets are good and easy to remember. I usually use the 24 kg KB. Just do 4-8 two-handed swings, walk around for a minute, do 4-8 snatches (each arm), walk around a minute, do 4-8 cleans (each arm), then take a two minute break. That is one set. Do as many sets as you feel like, but not until failure. Stop as soon as your form starts deteriorating. Definitely concentrate on form, you will avoid any muscle strains and get more out of the exercises.

"Go cry about it Vargas. Aren't you late for your shift at McDonald's?"
    "I had once talked to Billy Conn, the boxer, about professionals versus amateurs - specifically street fighters. One had always heard rumors of champions being taken out by back-alley fighters. Conn was scornful. "Aw, it's like hitting a girl," he said. "They're nothing."

- George Plimpton
    "Shadow Box"

Seeker of Truth

Posted On:
    7/18/2003 1:11am

supporting member
     Style: Five Animal Fighting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks, that seems like a good base to work from and build other routines around.

I'll try that an throw in some presses here and there for variety's sake.

My main thing is, I don't know how long to do everything. I guess just have to pick something and time it.

If it takes 20 minutes and I did mostly cardio stuff like swings and snatches, then it;s my 20 minute cardio.

If it took 30 and I did 4 variations of the military press, it's my 30 minute strength.

<marquee>Dragon , Snake , Tiger , Leopard , Crane. R.M.F.A.F.T.A.T.! </marquee>