Hell yeah! Hell no!
    MCMAP?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/23/2006 5:29pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think the relatively large amount of Bullshido in the US might be part of a wider growth of irrationalism in US society over the past few decades. For example, compared to other developed countries, the USA has relatively high rates of religious belief, belief in alien abduction, creationism, and similar nonsense.

The US also has a highly mediated pop culture that I suspect undermines some people's grasp of reality, and there is also an intense culture of multi-level marketing/sketchy entrepeneurialism in US society (info-mercials, self-help books, Amway, 'get rich quick' schemes, etc) that definitely overlaps with the underlying logic of Bullshido/McDojoism.

That being said, we get this in Canada and Europe as well, but I don't think there's quite as much per capita.
    Last edited by DJR; 8/23/2006 5:38pm at .

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/24/2006 8:42am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: KM

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DJR
    I think the relatively large amount of Bullshido in the US might be part of a wider growth of irrationalism in US society over the past few decades. For example, compared to other developed countries, the USA has relatively high rates of religious belief, belief in alien abduction, creationism, and similar nonsense.

The US also has a highly mediated pop culture that I suspect undermines some people's grasp of reality, and there is also an intense culture of multi-level marketing/sketchy entrepeneurialism in US society (info-mercials, self-help books, Amway, 'get rich quick' schemes, etc) that definitely overlaps with the underlying logic of Bullshido/McDojoism.

That being said, we get this in Canada and Europe as well, but I don't think there's quite as much per capita.
    So, irrationalism = religion, aliens, creationism....and all other nonsense, is that correct?

Thanks for that, and for your completely unqualified posting.

nail conditioning

Posted On:
    8/24/2006 8:50am

Style: Rehab

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    EWTO (European Wing Tsun Organisation). Based in Germany. Pyramid scheme. Charges $$$ for 'information'. Many schools, including in UK, lock you in to year-long contracts.

I think EU/UK law prohibits any longer, but they definitely squeeze as much $ out of the gullible fat, pasty geeky unfit punters as they can.

Signed: a slightly bitter EWTO insider

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/09/2008 3:42pm

Style: Censorship

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Guys like Matt Furey are the poster children of American Bullshido. Take a pinch of information, add a gallon of crap, then sell it to the masses as if it were pure gold.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    3/09/2008 3:55pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kicking Bulimia Victims

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://www.thetwister.tv/

But seriously, I think that there are too many celebrity gyms out there that charge $400 a month when the big name guys are never even there.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/09/2008 4:03pm

Style: MT,full contact JJ,Sudoku

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sun Wukong
    We should have a poll for who has paid the highest amount for a black belt test.
    A guy I used to work with was bragging about how it cost him and his wife a combined total of 1500 (US$3000)for their 2nd Degee BB's in KukSul Won. Thought that was pretty outrageous, mine cost me 30(US$60) and that got put in the kitty for the post grading piss up and kebab fest.

Has anyone else noticed that a lot of the bullshido candidates tend to follow definite trends in behaviour? Is there a pyramid scheme that these guys know about?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/10/2008 5:47am

Style: MMA + Harmonica

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, there are stupid people everywhere.
    I mean, up here in Kuopio, Finland we have 5 different flavours of Kung Fu. Also Bujinkan and The Dillman Special,Ryukyu-kempo (which i saved my friend from)

And since they train at the same place as we do (ie an old bomb shelter) it's pretty hilarious to watch them glare at each other in the locker rooms. Thats way too much deadly for one town

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/10/2008 9:19am

Style: Censorship

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by illegalusername
    And since they train at the same place as we do (ie an old bomb shelter) it's pretty hilarious to watch them glare at each other in the locker rooms. Thats way too much deadly for one town
    Oh god. That sounds like something from a Run Run Shaw movie.

*Five Deadly Venoms*

Administrator

Posted On:
    3/10/2008 9:22am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TroyForum
    Oh god. That sounds like something from a Run Run Shaw movie.
    Don't Insult Run Run Shaw movies with fake ****. At least Shaw was entertainment. Who knew idiots would believe you could do all of the **** in real life.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 123 4 LastLast