Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last
  1. #21

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    44
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    MCMAP?

  2. #22

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    291
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think the relatively large amount of Bullshido in the US might be part of a wider growth of irrationalism in US society over the past few decades. For example, compared to other developed countries, the USA has relatively high rates of religious belief, belief in alien abduction, creationism, and similar nonsense.

    The US also has a highly mediated pop culture that I suspect undermines some people's grasp of reality, and there is also an intense culture of multi-level marketing/sketchy entrepeneurialism in US society (info-mercials, self-help books, Amway, 'get rich quick' schemes, etc) that definitely overlaps with the underlying logic of Bullshido/McDojoism.

    That being said, we get this in Canada and Europe as well, but I don't think there's quite as much per capita.
    Last edited by DJR; 8/23/2006 5:38pm at .

  3. #23

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Pflugerville, Texas
    Posts
    16
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DJR
    I think the relatively large amount of Bullshido in the US might be part of a wider growth of irrationalism in US society over the past few decades. For example, compared to other developed countries, the USA has relatively high rates of religious belief, belief in alien abduction, creationism, and similar nonsense.

    The US also has a highly mediated pop culture that I suspect undermines some people's grasp of reality, and there is also an intense culture of multi-level marketing/sketchy entrepeneurialism in US society (info-mercials, self-help books, Amway, 'get rich quick' schemes, etc) that definitely overlaps with the underlying logic of Bullshido/McDojoism.

    That being said, we get this in Canada and Europe as well, but I don't think there's quite as much per capita.
    So, irrationalism = religion, aliens, creationism....and all other nonsense, is that correct?

    Thanks for that, and for your completely unqualified posting.

  4. #24
    RunningDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,299
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    EWTO (European Wing Tsun Organisation). Based in Germany. Pyramid scheme. Charges $$$ for 'information'. Many schools, including in UK, lock you in to year-long contracts.

    I think EU/UK law prohibits any longer, but they definitely squeeze as much $ out of the gullible fat, pasty geeky unfit punters as they can.

    Signed: a slightly bitter EWTO insider

  5. #25

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Suitland, MD
    Posts
    300
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Guys like Matt Furey are the poster children of American Bullshido. Take a pinch of information, add a gallon of crap, then sell it to the masses as if it were pure gold.

  6. #26
    prezbuluskey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    THE OCTAGON
    Posts
    180
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://www.thetwister.tv/

    But seriously, I think that there are too many celebrity gyms out there that charge $400 a month when the big name guys are never even there.

  7. #27

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    lincolnshire, england
    Posts
    693
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sun Wukong
    We should have a poll for who has paid the highest amount for a black belt test.
    A guy I used to work with was bragging about how it cost him and his wife a combined total of 1500 (US$3000)for their 2nd Degee BB's in KukSul Won. Thought that was pretty outrageous, mine cost me 30(US$60) and that got put in the kitty for the post grading piss up and kebab fest.

    Has anyone else noticed that a lot of the bullshido candidates tend to follow definite trends in behaviour? Is there a pyramid scheme that these guys know about?

  8. #28

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    797
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, there are stupid people everywhere.
    I mean, up here in Kuopio, Finland we have 5 different flavours of Kung Fu. Also Bujinkan and The Dillman Special,Ryukyu-kempo (which i saved my friend from)

    And since they train at the same place as we do (ie an old bomb shelter) it's pretty hilarious to watch them glare at each other in the locker rooms. Thats way too much deadly for one town

  9. #29

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Suitland, MD
    Posts
    300
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by illegalusername
    And since they train at the same place as we do (ie an old bomb shelter) it's pretty hilarious to watch them glare at each other in the locker rooms. Thats way too much deadly for one town
    Oh god. That sounds like something from a Run Run Shaw movie.

    *Five Deadly Venoms*

  10. #30
    It is Fake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    34,445
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TroyForum
    Oh god. That sounds like something from a Run Run Shaw movie.
    Don't Insult Run Run Shaw movies with fake ****. At least Shaw was entertainment. Who knew idiots would believe you could do all of the **** in real life.

Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO