Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Welterweight

Posted On:
    7/17/2003 4:52pm

supporting member
     Style: SECRET DEADLY

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    for a strike I say a forearm to the collarbone.

for kick , roundhouse or side kick as long as it is to the KNEE

In the mass of idiots there is a lone voice. Peedee returns to rule the simple ones. How did we survive without him. DOH!
    ----------------------------------------
    After reading Jekyll's threads I bring back an old sig.......

Do you really train or just bore people on message boards and parties talking about it.

Posted On:
    7/17/2003 4:54pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "Pizdoff, when you say a MT round house, do you mean a waist level kick, or a dead leg kick to the thigh/knee area. I've always digged the knee right into the charlie horse area of the thigh...ouch."

well......a low kick to knee theorectically on the "street" the thigh also works as well, not like you are fighting to death (here comes Jamoke to blast me! :) )

yeah i also like the ridge hand to neck that AA brought up, either way it really doesn't hurt your hand

--
    Hard work, Patience, Dedication.
    http://www.fightauthority.com/

nedhinkly-"You are little more than a thug, street trash, if you will. I think from now on I will call you street rat, after a character in one of my favorite movies of all time."
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Shock'n Y'all

Posted On:
    7/17/2003 4:58pm

supporting member
     Style: Kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    the knee is not the easiest target to hit in a real life fight, beleive me. your better off throwing a round house to any part of the leg, the femur is easier to strike than the knee.

forarm to the collarbone, now thats odd! can you tell me why "forarm to the collarbone" would be an effective strike? especially to the collarbone

Fig Newtons are fruit and cake, suckah.

Posted On:
    7/17/2003 5:04pm

supporting member
     Style: Buffalo Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Jamoke, I've blown out somebody's knee in a street fight, of course he made the mistake of giving the oppurtunity to.

What I'm talking about his a stomping-kick leaning more to the stomping part. Which of course you would have to be close to the person to do it, which makes it easier to come down on top of the side of the knee.

"But some apes they gotta go, so we kill the ones we don't know" - 'Ape shall never kill Ape' by The Vandals
    Apu: "Oh! You have just been Apu'd!"

Seeker of Truth

Posted On:
    7/17/2003 5:28pm

supporting member
     Style: Five Animal Fighting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As far as hand strikes go, I favor the inward elbow. It is the only "karate" thing I ever used in a real situtation.

The guy grabbed my shirt with one hand and give me two quick hits to the face with the other. When I realized what was going on I cupped the back of his head with my left hand and simultaneously elbowed his head with my right. He dropped like a ton of bricks.

He did catch me by suprize, so I'm lucky he couldn't hit for **** and I didn't get hurt while I just stood there confused while the guy hit me twice.

And for leg strikes I favor the MT roundhouse, anywhere you want to throw it. Legs are nice, ribs are good too.

<marquee>Dragon , Snake , Tiger , Leopard , Crane. R.M.F.A.F.T.A.T.! </marquee>

Shock'n Y'all

Posted On:
    7/17/2003 5:39pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    well i call it a TIGER STOMP, and yes if your using that type of kick. i would have to agree.

Shock'n Y'all

Posted On:
    7/17/2003 5:44pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    and again, the knee is NOT an easy target to hit in a real street situation. i dont care what you say, its a fact.

your better off kicking them about the legs to wear them down and take them out. i go for MASS, the thigh is MASS.

and your right matzy, the tiger stomp is USELESS at a distance. its for in close fighting only.

although it is a GREAT kick when used in the right situation.

Fig Newtons are fruit and cake, suckah.

Posted On:
    7/17/2003 5:49pm

supporting member
     Style: Buffalo Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "Tiger Stomp".... I like that :)

"But some apes they gotta go, so we kill the ones we don't know" - 'Ape shall never kill Ape' by The Vandals
    Apu: "Oh! You have just been Apu'd!"

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/17/2003 6:10pm

supporting memberhall of famestaff
     Style: Muay Thai & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Jamoke,

Kicks to the knees should be at a 45 degree angle, not exactly, but you get what I mean.

If it misses the kness, the shins and then instep.

Most of my last fights has me being the counter, not the aggressor. So I haven't used any of these in the past 3 years. Thinking back, I can say that all hand strikes I've ever used were palm strikes/punches to the nose, and kicks to the legs.

==================
    "When we go to the ground, you are in my world. The ground is the ocean, I am the shark, and most people don't even know how to swim." RCJ Machado
    Quote Originally Posted by Sifu Rudy Abel
    "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".

Seeker of Truth

Posted On:
    7/17/2003 6:22pm

supporting member
     Style: Five Animal Fighting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That reminds me, I also love palms.

First of all, they can be easily done from the nonagressive "Whoa buddy, I don't want any trouble" posistion.

Secondly, when you drop a guy with one, it looks like he just got bitch slapped and it makes him look like a *****.

I especially like a palm coming slightly downard onto the bridge of the nose. It's the strike that goes "crunch".

<marquee>Dragon , Snake , Tiger , Leopard , Crane. R.M.F.A.F.T.A.T.! </marquee>
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast