Sponsored Links Spacer Image

OOOOOOOOOOAAARRGGHH RLY?

Posted On:
    8/21/2006 11:26pm

supporting member
     Style: In Transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dopamine = dope, pot, weed, the juice from exercising.

Dunno what seratonin is, but you're wrong.

Enforcer of Northeast Anti-Silliness Department Inc.

Posted On:
    8/21/2006 11:27pm

supporting member
     Style: Kaju, BJJ, Judo, Kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Seratonin is the HAPPY chemical in your brain :)
    Knowing is not enough, you must apply...
    ...Willing is not enough you must do
    ~Bruce Lee

Fear and bullets.

Posted On:
    8/22/2006 8:36am

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Seeratonin makes you feel things to excess. If you are depressed, seratonin can make you MORE depressed. SSRI's (selective seratonin reuptake inhibitors) are used to treat depression because many depressed people reabsorb seratonin in the brain way too efficiently. They are particulary good at treating manic-depression because they prevent that dramatic swing back and forth.

Dopamine is the neurotransmitter that is used to create the fealing of satisfaction or pleasure. It is central to the reward system of behavior evolution. This is why it is easy to become an overeater, because you can train your body to dump dopamine after tasty food or a lot of food. It is also the source of that really elated feeling after sex or a good fight. It also is the crux of many non-narcotic addictions.

5 years as a mental health worker...they make you take classes in this ****....
    Last edited by Scrapper; 8/22/2006 8:59am at .
    And lo, Kano looked down upon the field and saw the multitudes. Amongst them were the disciples of Uesheba who were greatly vexed at his sayings. And Kano spake: "Do not be concerned with the mote in thy neighbor's eye, when verily thou hast a massive stick in thine ass".

--Scrolls of Bujutsu: Chapter 5 vs 10-14.

Fear and bullets.

Posted On:
    8/22/2006 9:01am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Poop Loops
    Dopamine = dope, pot, weed, the juice from exercising.

Dunno what seratonin is, but you're wrong.

The chemical in pot that makes you happy is Tetrahydrocannabinol. It actually has no more to do with dopamine than any other pleasurable activity.
    And lo, Kano looked down upon the field and saw the multitudes. Amongst them were the disciples of Uesheba who were greatly vexed at his sayings. And Kano spake: "Do not be concerned with the mote in thy neighbor's eye, when verily thou hast a massive stick in thine ass".

OOOOOOOOOOAAARRGGHH RLY?

Posted On:
    8/22/2006 11:04am

supporting member
     Style: In Transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Really?

Fear and bullets.

Posted On:
    8/22/2006 11:07am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's me...a fucking PSA....

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/22/2006 7:11pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrapper
    SSRI's (selective seratonin reuptake inhibitors) are used to treat depression because many depressed people reabsorb seratonin in the brain way too efficiently. They are particulary good at treating manic-depression because they prevent that dramatic swing back and forth.
    SSRIs can actually be a problem for some people with bipolar (manic) depression, as they can provoke manic episodes in those predisposed to them. One of my best friends had this happen to him - he was prescribed an SSRI (prozac), and had a full blown manic episode (stopped sleeping for days, maxed out credit cards in 24 hour period, all kinds of other crazy ****).

Usually people are prescribed a mood stabiliser like lamictal or lithium for bipolar disorders, sometimes in conjunction with an SSRI or SNRI.

Fear and bullets.

Posted On:
    8/22/2006 7:54pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    just had to one-up me didn't ya?

Anything is beter than an MAOI.

Reading FD cause cancer

small hick city full with college students in Cali

Posted On:
    8/23/2006 2:25am

Style: Muay Thai and boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnaTrocity
    Post fight depression? Not really. Though apparently when I dont have any fights on the horizon i go into a training funk where I lose all motivation to train, my instructor said that's common.

As long as I've got something coming up I seem to be gold.

I'm exactly the same way. If I have a fight coming up, I be training like crazy for hours a day. If there's nothing then I will start to slack off. I keep tell my instructor if I don't know when next fight is coming up I will lose lot of motivation, so he keep tell me when next fight will be to keep my spirit up.
    I would pick bag work over masturbating, fighting over sex, and KOing someone over having a orgasm!

Posted On:
    8/26/2006 6:21pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    its hormonal

You've been killing yourself and then you have the fight and for a few hours you think '****, what am I going to do now'
    Thats usually when I'll go home, have a large meal and go to bed, let the hormones calm down and havea week off training before the next fight comes along.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123