Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/21/2006 12:36am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by WorldWarCheese
    I guess I'm constantly burnt out then x.x It's all that "getting up" and "chewing" excersize I guess, just burns me out ;)

Oh and masters like Kimura went 9 hours a day everyday training/working out, so I don't think anything less than than is "too much"
    I'm not 100% sure this is true but I've also heard that old time Greek weightlifters trained hardcore weightlifting with very short rests between sets 8 hours every day of week, 6 on Saturday and only a measly 2 hours on Sunday. If the stories are true, they were stronger than any chrome and fern dweller of today so I don't beleive overtraining is possible UNLESS your and idiot who doesnt know what the **** hes doing then you can overtrain (because you hurt your back and knees with improper form) but if you know what your doing than I think you would be fine.

I've gone weeks at a time doing 4 hours or more in the gym on consecutive days and the more I did it the better I feel but if I go too long without excercising I start to feel shitty.

Grandmaster Sensei of Village Idiocy

Posted On:
    8/21/2006 12:47am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kyokushin and Judo.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Huh ?

So now the overtraining theme is a myth ?
    Hannibal: The sworn enemy of dishonest politicians, source of entertainment on Bullshido and newly appointed Office Linebacker. Terry Tait ain't got **** on me !!!!

OOOOOOOOOOAAARRGGHH RLY?

Posted On:
    8/21/2006 1:09am

supporting member
     Style: In Transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Right, so we have two people telling stories with no concrete proof, and the first thing that comes to your mind is that they shattered a myth, not perpetuated it.

Neither of you have any evidence besides "I heard" and "It came to me in a dream."

Post some exerpt from a historical book or even a link to a website confirming this.

The gift that keeps on giving

Posted On:
    8/21/2006 1:32am

supporting member
     Style: On hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatality Dragon
    Ever since I moved to norhern Calif three weeks ago, I enroll in a boxing gym. I also was surprise to find they have a Muay Thai instructor as well. So I decide to continue Muay Thai while doing boxing as well.

Ever since I moved, I don't have much to do beside training in Muay Thai and boxing. So I usually do some weight work out for about two hours, shadow boxing and bag work for a hour and half then a hour and half of Muay Thai class then a hour and half of boxing. both class also focus some on work out which is very intense.

Very often after doing all of that, I still get urge to continue and feel great. Also I've gained two pounds after all efforts to gains weight in the past has failed.

Even today, on Sunday I'm suppose to be resting, instead of being tired, I'm still really hyperactive and want to work out more.

What is up with this?
    So 6.5 hours of working out a day (nearly), do you have a job or are you a pro fighter?

Just curious.

Grandmaster Sensei of Village Idiocy

Posted On:
    8/21/2006 1:47am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kyokushin and Judo.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Even proffessiopnal fighters don't train for 6.5 hours per day.

They run and do some fitness drills in the morning. Then go to training for about 2.5 hrs in the evening. All up they train about 3-4 hrs per day. And thats only about a few months leading up to a fight. In between fight events. They are in gym 3 nights per week just to keep themselves in decent shape.
    Hannibal: The sworn enemy of dishonest politicians, source of entertainment on Bullshido and newly appointed Office Linebacker. Terry Tait ain't got **** on me !!!!

**** you math class

Posted On:
    8/21/2006 1:51am

supporting member
     Style: TKD, Ballet, Archery

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

OOOOOOOOOOAAARRGGHH RLY?

Posted On:
    8/21/2006 2:24am

supporting member
     Style: In Transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Pro fighters only train 3 times a week? You've got to be kidding me.

I know "hobbyists" who train more than that + do weight lifting and other stuff.

Then again, those hobbyists don't use Xyence...

Maybe that's the secret?

GIJoe6186 like boys, mainly his brother

Posted On:
    8/21/2006 3:39am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    9 hours a day and such? It reminds me of the kung foo guys that sit in horse stance for ten years straight and other stories of greatness. Tall tales.

At least it sounds like it.

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    8/21/2006 7:15am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    shut up hannibal, guy i know trains at least 4 hours a day even if he doesnt know when his next fight is. he also runs his own company which is a pretty full time job. with time management that sort of thing is possible (helps if you are incredibly dedicated as well)

overtraining isnt a myth though and whoever was spouting **** about guys lifting weights for 8 hours a day needs to get better resources than hercules: the animated series

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    8/21/2006 9:27am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    [QUOTE=kracker]I'm not 100% sure this is true but I've also heard that old time Greek weightlifters trained hardcore weightlifting with very short rests between sets 8 hours every day of week, 6 on Saturday and only a measly 2 hours on Sunday. If the stories are true, they were stronger than any chrome and fern dweller of today so I don't beleive overtraining is possible UNLESS your and idiot who doesnt know what the **** hes doing then you can overtrain (because you hurt your back and knees with improper form) but if you know what your doing than I think you would be fine.

You are clearly a fucking idiot. The end.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12 345 LastLast