Grandmaster Sensei of Village Idiocy

Posted On:
    9/04/2006 7:17am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kyokushin and Judo.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KempoFist
    Teatree oil my friend....it's like magic healing potion given to us by the elves....

Given ? What do you mean given ?

They didn't give us ****. We, well, I had to give them fifty bucks for that stuff and it does jack ****.
    Hannibal: The sworn enemy of dishonest politicians, source of entertainment on Bullshido and newly appointed Office Linebacker. Terry Tait ain't got **** on me !!!!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/24/2007 4:08pm

Style: Kali

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i also get these mat burns all the time.
    i asked some nurses here in the hospital where i work:

1) wash the hands
    2) clean the skin around the wound with an antiseptic
    3) clean the wound with cool running water
    4) if necessary, use the antiseptic on the wound (polyvidone iodine is good, doesn't sting and keeps the wound moist => it's a myth that wounds heal faster/better when you leave them dry. dry = slower healing + bigger risk on infection)
    5) use a non-adhesive, moist-absorbing bandage (in Belgium it's something like Melolin, Stellaline, etc), that you have the change daily
    6) ibuprofen (maximum dose/day: 1200mg, some even say 2500mg); of acetaminophen/paracetamol (MD/day: 3,35g)

i'm using this right now and i've got to say: it's healing quite nicely

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    10/24/2007 4:22pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I would have made blatant fun of your for replying to a thread that has been dead for over a year. But you posted good information, so I won't :)
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/24/2007 7:09pm

Style: BJJ/MMA - running away

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, since we're doing the necro, good post by "bloody wanker". I'd like to add that I've read that airing out wounds is better is a myth. You're better off putting on bandages. Also. in my experience, I get lint and stuff into wounds that aren't covered, and they take longer to heal.

It is true that your feet will toughen up, even though I have somewhat limited experience, I've seen this a few times with new people, and my theory is that you learn to unconsiously not to drag your feet over the mat and such. Basically it will fix itself after a while. Which it should've, after a year :P

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    10/25/2007 10:32am

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Another thing that I noticed from the OP's first post is that he refers to wounds, bruises and scratches on the knees - I'm too lazy to see if this was mentioned before, so it if was mentioned before, **** it, it's worth the recap.

Use knee wraps/bands at all times. And if you can use knee pads with or without the knee wraps/bands, the better. Knee pads are on the same category as hand wraps for boxing. Use them.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Posted On:
    10/25/2007 11:09am

Style: FMA, Jujutsu/Judo/SAMBO

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wrestling kneepads for the knees. For the tops of your feet, avoid laying your feet flat whenever possible, and try to stay on the balls of your feet. This actually allows you to drive better and get better forward power. With your feet flat, you simply don't have as much leverage. You obviously won't always be able to keep your foot on the ball, and shouldn't try to. But simply going on the ball when you should will reduce the wear and tear on your feet a lot.

1% Shark is better than you.

Posted On:
    10/25/2007 11:59am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ/Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i post this literally every time someone asks but hell it can't hurt to see it again: http://www.drugstore.com/products/pr...79&catid=44601

Fucking magic for mat burn, blisters and scrapes. It is also the only thing that stays on while training and still lets you build calluses. Natural remedies are crap, slap some technology on that ****!

Posted On:
    10/25/2007 12:58pm

Style: FMA, Jujutsu/Judo/SAMBO

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, and any of the NewSkin/liquid bandage stuff kicks ass. Two coats of that, and you'll be set for a day or two.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123