Sponsored Links Spacer Image

ˇViva los Muertos!

Posted On:
    8/18/2006 9:22pm

Style: Boxing/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Bay Area training

Well, I know this was an old thread, but actually didn't know exactly where to put it.

I'm looking for a place to train here in the bay area. I live in East Palo Alto, right off of 101, next to the University Ave Exit. Someone suggested before that I go to Modern Combatitives, but that's an hour's drive from here with light traffic. Can someone suggest an MMA, Boxing or BJJ place nearby. I'd like to cross train in something and get away from Judo. (my knee's are good and fucked)

I looked into Ralph Gracie, but spending 150 bucks a month on classes seems excessive.

Can someone suggest a reliable place for MMA, Boxing or BJJ?

EDIT: Apology tendered in advance if this is the completely wrong forum. Didn't know where else it should go given that the General BS forum is closed.
    A lie gets half-way around the world before the truth has time to get it's pants on. - Winston Churchhill

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/18/2006 11:12pm

Style: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I train at Ralph Gracie in Mountain View. Well worth the $160 a month IMO. There is also a new Fairtex academy in Mountain View you might want to check out as well, but I don't know how much they charge. I think anywhere you choose to train in the bay area is going to run you about that much. If you have any questions about the RG Academy, just let me know.

It's pretty beat up, but it is a complete copy....

Posted On:
    8/19/2006 12:22am

supporting member
     Style: EBMAS WT/ Latosa Concepts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We got EBMAS in Fairfield and I think someone getting something started in Berkeley area.....but its not that expensive so you might not like it......:laughing5

"If anything is gained from this, it should be you both wanting to get better so you can make up for how crappy you are now." KidSpatula about the Sirc vs DTT Gong Sau Event
    Until the Bulltube is fixed:
    DTT vs Sirc

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/19/2006 12:33am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Palo Alto to Berkeley at 5-6pm is like an hour drive. What is EBMAS by the way?

ˇViva los Muertos!

Posted On:
    8/19/2006 12:59am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, the mountain view place has much easier access. I tried to call over there earlier this afternoon but no one answered. I'll see about coming over to check the place out ASAP.
    A lie gets half-way around the world before the truth has time to get it's pants on. - Winston Churchhill

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/19/2006 1:13am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by chris_ketchens
    Yeah, the mountain view place has much easier access. I tried to call over there earlier this afternoon but no one answered. I'll see about coming over to check the place out ASAP.

If you call after 6:30pm, you should be able to get someone, however if you just show up it would be better. They offer a free trial lesson. you should definitely take advantage of it.
    Last edited by drew-jitsu; 8/19/2006 1:16am at .

It's pretty beat up, but it is a complete copy....

Posted On:
    8/19/2006 1:14am

supporting member
     Style: EBMAS WT/ Latosa Concepts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    EBMAS is Emin Boztepe Martial Arts System. Wing Tzun and Latosa Escrima Weapons System.

Sifu Emin and Rene Latosa give us seminars and we practice it. We also have a few other Sifu Level people in the area and in Southern Cal that come up and do seminars. I can come down and give you a demo, I go to Marin 2 or 3 times a month....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgHikaUixfM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9g1MntYPfA

(edit:I am NOT a Sifu level though....)

"If anything is gained from this, it should be you both wanting to get better so you can make up for how crappy you are now." KidSpatula about the Sirc vs DTT Gong Sau Event
    Until the Bulltube is fixed:
    DTT vs Sirc

ˇViva los Muertos!

Posted On:
    8/19/2006 11:55am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, Wing Tzun isn't really my thing. Thanks though, I completely appreciate your help just the same.

ˇViva los Muertos!

Posted On:
    8/19/2006 9:48pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just a question. Is there any notable quality difference between charles gracie schools and ralph gracie schools?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/20/2006 7:12am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm not familiar with the Charles Gracie school, so I really can't answer that question.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast