Sponsored Links Spacer Image

AK: Giving new meaning to the word "Unfair."

Posted On:
    8/19/2006 5:21pm

Style: Out-Of-Shape MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TehDeadlyDimMak
    I'm gonna go watch every fight Schilt, Overeem, and Sylvia lost before devising a strategy for others to topple this leviathan.
    Seriously, I'm not kidding. Judo is my arch nemesis. A solid ground game really p4wns the **** outta me, so I try my hardest to stay on my feet.

Backfistmonkey is bringing a 6'2" 220lb MT/BJJ guy to the throwdown, so you'll all be able to see a more evenly matched fight.:boxing:

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    8/19/2006 5:29pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnaTrocity
    Dude's too damn big. With that kind of size advantage I dont think I could hold most people failing to beat him up against them.
    small+ some skill> big and no guard and besides theres gotta be someone there bigger than 5'10 >_<

Enforcer of Northeast Anti-Silliness Department Inc.

Posted On:
    8/19/2006 7:37pm

supporting member
     Style: Kaju, BJJ, Judo, Kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TehDeadlyDimMak
    I'm gonna go watch every fight Schilt, Overeem, and Sylvia lost before devising a strategy for others to topple this leviathan.
    I have that Ernesto Hoost fight against that big guy (forgot his name...started with a J I think) where he just wacked the crap out of his legs with cut kicks before he unleashed his Hoost flurry of Doom.

Aside from that, in my personal experience the bigger they are, the less technique they have in grappling :profe:

I got some real big guys I train with (6'3'' - 6' 5'') and weigh clear over 220lbs (giving them a 5-7inch height advantage and 70lb+ weight advantage over me for you number crunchers) that completely fall apart after they slam ME on the ground, and find themselves caught up in my guard....it's just when I get those 6+ foot, 200+ pound guys that DO know how to grapple when my world comes to a screeching halt....but togethor me and my "Eddie Bravo's, Jiu-Jitsu Unleashed" book (PLUG!) will overcome them in the end!
    Knowing is not enough, you must apply...
    ...Willing is not enough you must do
    ~Bruce Lee

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/19/2006 9:58pm

Style: TKD, uber BJJ n00b

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    At first I thought the guy was small (he looks pretty skinny) Then I started to compare to the surrounding..and thought u were round 6' 6" lol.. I know even tho I'm doing tkd..I kinda have the same problem sparring people (well I'm only 6' 2") But all the teens are smaller then me...I keep my hands lower so they can't hit me..disastrous when I faced a BB my size..
    How big was the guy that u were sparring?

Posted On:
    8/22/2006 10:26am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Tommorow I'm sparring a guy who's 6'2" and 200 lbs. That's a little better, right? There's bound to be some .gif material in that, right? Man, I love gifs.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/22/2006 12:33pm

Style: TKD, uber BJJ n00b

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I like .gifs of giants pwning midgets. Man..post a vid of the fight.

Posted On:
    8/22/2006 1:16pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Torec_Scrail
    I like .gifs of giants pwning midgets. Man..post a vid of the fight.
    Oh, I will. Tommorow, after we're done, there's nothing else on my schedule but to post my vid and feel superior over people shorter than me.:5wow:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/22/2006 2:47pm

Style: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There was too much to read so if i say things that people have already said, just think of it as an emphasis.
    1. For some reason your little friend tried to punch you in the head repeatedly while you defending shots to the head. Most other opponents would have taken that oportunity to kick or punch you hard to the body.
    2. And like kidspatula said you dont seem to put your hips into your kicks very much.
    3. You gotta keep your hands up while you kick. In the middle of the three short clips of your sig. anyone who wasnt scared shitless of your size compared to them, would throw a big over hand right, which you wouldnt be able to stop because your hands are somewhere else.

other than that, well done kicking his ass.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/22/2006 2:57pm

Style: savate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    With all respect, it's your opponent who needs the critique. In terms of position, you were his for the taking on multiple occasions had he thrown the right combinations. What he was doing trying to work you with over-rights from underneath your elbows (as opposed to when your arms are all over the place) I have no idea.

Oh, heck, I can see that SevSB just beat me to this one. Your opponent needs to work his uppercuts and shovel hooks, and to focus on taking your legs. Your legs were literally his for the taking. He needs to work on oblique footwork, and on playing a better high-low game. I strongly recommend that you, on the other hand, work on your footwork and protect those legs. I used to play with a guy your size every now and then. Don't depend on that mass. You're big, but you're not so big that you're immune to a guy with better footwork who can weave up top and cut your angles down below.

Fear and bullets.

Posted On:
    8/22/2006 3:53pm

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by airman kai
    Seriously, I'm not kidding. Judo is my arch nemesis. A solid ground game really p4wns the **** outta me, so I try my hardest to stay on my feet.

Backfistmonkey is bringing a 6'2" 220lb MT/BJJ guy to the throwdown, so you'll all be able to see a more evenly matched fight.:boxing:

*blows dust off of judo black belt*

O rly?

Kai, you do have that wonderful size, strength, and reach advantage over, well, everyone. I am looking forward to seeing if I can close the distance safely. I've never fought anyone your size before.

Even with poor technique, the length and weight of your legs will make your kicks problematic for a smaller opponent. Of course, good technique will make you lethal.
    And lo, Kano looked down upon the field and saw the multitudes. Amongst them were the disciples of Uesheba who were greatly vexed at his sayings. And Kano spake: "Do not be concerned with the mote in thy neighbor's eye, when verily thou hast a massive stick in thine ass".

--Scrolls of Bujutsu: Chapter 5 vs 10-14.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 5 LastLast