AK: Giving new meaning to the word "Unfair."

Posted On:
    8/18/2006 9:20pm

Style: Out-Of-Shape MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

critique my light sparring (video)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6fmUs5vMH8

Just me and ryan doing some light sparring, working on our timing and all that jazz. Watch closely and you'll see we both pulled a few knees, kicks, and punches (we weren't trying to kill each other, after all).

All in all, we took it easy, I'd say 50-75% speed. Good times. We'll be doing some more intense stuff soon, so we'll be SUPER ALIVE!

**ASIDE**
    In reference to the oft discussed clip from which my first sig gif comes from, it turns out I actually clipped the back of his head, which is what sent him reeling. Film review FTW.

**OTHER ASIDE**
    Ryan edited this one, so about half of it ain't in this version, and for some reason, we're sparring to dead prez. Real hip hop FTW.

Enforcer of Northeast Anti-Silliness Department Inc.

Posted On:
    8/18/2006 9:34pm

supporting member
     Style: Kaju, BJJ, Judo, Kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You make baby Jesus cry....

Ok with that out of the way I'd say (and I assume you realize this without me saying but I feel obligated) Keep your damn hands up. I understand that the guy you were sparring was scared shitless of you in the beginning, but just because you're probably not gonna get clocked is no excuse to get lazy. Considering you were dominating the fight I'd have more advice for the little guy, but as far as your technique goes, good job covering, but try to keep your hands up while kicking, and follow up missed kicks with handstrikes.

To the little guy (in case he reads this) if you intend on fighting someone so much bigger with only strikes, use your angles. Setup your combos beginning with cut kicks (rear roundhouse kick to thigh) to weaken his stance and/or drop his guard. When moving, instead of circling work on slipping punches moving off on a 45deg. angle to land that cross to the face. And if AK insists on covering only his face, and he has his whole body exposed, don't just pummel away at his forearms but rather land some nice bodyshots with kicks and shovelhooks.

I said it before and I'll say it again. Your vids always make me wanna fight AK :)
    Knowing is not enough, you must apply...
    ...Willing is not enough you must do
    ~Bruce Lee

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    8/18/2006 9:50pm

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You're too fucking big, it's kind of absurd. STOP IT!

When you kick, you're really leaving your hip behind and so you're pretty much just kicking with the weight of your leg, which is still going to knock the crap out of most people of course since your leg probably weighs as much as me, but you could be kicking a lot harder.

Also, since you're a tall ************, stick that jab and do it a lot. Someone that much shorter than you who has such terrible movement should never be able to get close to you if you use it. Also lead leg push kicks are something I love and a guy with legs a mile long should be able to make great use of.

This is all just from a MT point of view, so if you're just interested in MMA don't listen to me.
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    8/18/2006 10:09pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    you're lucky your clone is half your size and cant punch worth a **** (lol at the windmill of doom technique) because your guard is non existant.

at about 1:35 when the clone starts wailing into you, you turn your head (bad move) put your hands up at some weird angle (bad move) and somehow, your clone doesnt bother going for any bodyshots. because if he did he could have really put the hurting on, that was an easier target than roseannes weight problem.

learn to punch. with such a huge reach advantage you should have been pumelling him with the old 1-2 but any punches you threw were slower than stevie wonder on an obstacle course. dont throw your arms around like a madman when you kick either, if you are going to throw your kicking arm backwards thai style do it in a sharp fast motion then right back to guard, instead of sort of waving it about and up and down and side to side and so on.

I would not want to see a clip of you guys doing intense sparring. your buddy needs to learn the basics first such as how to throw a punch that isnt all arm, and how not to throw his arms around like a spaz when he is supposed to be protecting himself. if you guys went harder than that you would destroy him and it wouldnt be a challenge. find someone around your size who has a bit of experience and play with them, because this guy will only further ingrain the bad habits that you are getting away with.

as for your friend ryan im not even going to bother. tell him to join a gym. if he is already at one and has been there longer than a few months, tell him to find a better one.

hey, you said criticise :D

Actual Photo

Posted On:
    8/18/2006 11:03pm

supporting member
     Style: Recovery-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Advise

I REALLY wish you people would stop giving good advise to AK . Atleast untill after the september 2nd St. Louis throwdown ....

* throws up hands in frustration *
    Last edited by BackFistMonkey; 8/18/2006 11:08pm at .
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi108 View Post
    Nuke a unborn gay whale for Christ.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Misguided style basher

Posted On:
    8/18/2006 11:10pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kata

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well I've seen a lot worse that looked a lot more pretty. Your normal sized buddy was game, which is no bad thing - he'll be getting a lot more out of it than you IMO.
    You are a total Douchbag. Train more, post nevermore.
    FickleFingerOfFate -08-21-2007 08:59 AM

just die already.
    Plasma - 08-20-2007 11:45 PM

Aikidokkkkakkakakakaaaaa
    Best MA website ever!!!!!: http://www.dogjudo.co.uk/

The gift that keeps on giving

Posted On:
    8/18/2006 11:24pm

supporting member
     Style: On hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Props for posting a video.

Posted On:
    8/18/2006 11:40pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kickcatcher
    Well I've seen a lot worse that looked a lot more pretty. Your normal sized buddy was game, which is no bad thing - he'll be getting a lot more out of it than you IMO.
    Yah, he's definitely getting a better work out then me:happy7:. But that's why I organize TD's, because there's nothing quite like being genuinely challenged.

Quote Originally Posted by kidspatula
    Also, since you're a tall ************, stick that jab and do it a lot. Someone that much shorter than you who has such terrible movement should never be able to get close to you if you use it. Also lead leg push kicks are something I love and a guy with legs a mile long should be able to make great use of.
    Yah, push kicks are a favorite of mine (back leg push kicks = utter devastation), but It tends to be the kick I have the most trouble pulling (by that I mean that I have trouble doing anything BUT a full power push kick). It just feels so visceral and fun that I can't help but just SHOOT it out there.

Quote Originally Posted by sfe
    props for posting a video
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey
    I REALLY wish you people would stop giving good advise to AK . Atleast untill after the september 2nd St. Louis throwdown ....

* throws up hands in frustration *
    Maybe I'm playing lame duck, and it's gonna be Sun Tzu FTW! Deception!
    Or maybe I'm just a sloppy fighter.

Don't ya'll worry. I'm bring my knee pads to the throwdown so I can excercise teh d34dly knee strikes, and I fully intend to make the highlight reel something special:evil4:.

Kai being serious = Round Kickimus Maximus
    Kai being serious vs A solid ground game = Kai getting smited, unfortunately

Seriously, though, thanks for the critiques all around.

**EDIT**
    As the TD gets closer, I seriously can't contain my anticipation. It's like an all you can eat buffet for a neophyte!

Last edited by Airman Kai; 8/18/2006 11:54pm at .

Misguided style basher

Posted On:
    8/18/2006 11:50pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kata

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well you certainly talk a good fight so I'm sure people are rubbing their hands at the prospect of someone getting the better of you at the TD. lol.
    You are a total Douchbag. Train more, post nevermore.
    FickleFingerOfFate -08-21-2007 08:59 AM

just die already.
    Plasma - 08-20-2007 11:45 PM

Aikidokkkkakkakakakaaaaa
    Best MA website ever!!!!!: http://www.dogjudo.co.uk/

Posted On:
    8/18/2006 11:56pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kickcatcher
    Well you certainly talk a good fight so I'm sure people are rubbing their hands at the prospect of someone getting the better of you at the TD. lol.
    Dude, at this point, I'm so freaking pumped to throwdown that it wouldn't matter to me if hey ALL beat me. I mean, they won't, but you get the idea.:laughing3

Hell, I'll probably learn a thing or to about AJJ from Phrost and Scrapper (read: they're gonna submit the **** outta me). It's a win-win.
    Last edited by Airman Kai; 8/19/2006 12:19am at .

Page 1 of 5 1 2345 LastLast