Page 5 of 5 First 12345

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Meager
    That's a good point. I was amazed at how well Nog handled Werdum on the ground.

I still think that for the most part his game is far too dependant on how well he can take a beating for it to be of much use to your average fighter.

You have to take into account the people who gave him the beatings though....

Cro Cop whos a world class kickboxer (and him taking a beating didnt influence his ground game- he was beaten on the feet)

Bob Sapp whos 387 lbs with 6 pack abs.

and current champ Fedor Emilianenko whos beaten the living hell out of everyone hes ever fought.

In many of Nog's other matches, he hasnt taken great beatings- its just that his most popular fights are the ones where he endured and survived to win.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I myself, prefer the guard to half guard. I can go from half guard to butterfly guard and sweep from there, but sweeps from full guard have a higher percentage for me. In full guard I like the hip bump sweep, omoplata sweep, star sweep, and the pendulum sweep. I'm also pretty good at getting subs from the guard. If I see an opportunity to get on top control, I will take it. I am a lot better at playing guard than half guard.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I tend to like both to be honest. I'm a small guy (65kg) and always end up on the bottom. I find its good to practise the half guard as well as the full so you can switch to either when needed. For example when I have full guard and the opponent has almost broken free, I may choose to switch to half (and vice versa).

I think its important to keep working for position so you keep the other guy busy.

Page 5 of 5 First 12345