Page 3 of 3 First 123

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I would truly loathe to use something like a 'hawk or axe in a fight, though, with their shape they would just stick in a skull or some other bone and then I gotta try to pull it out while the guy's buddies come after me. I would much rather use a machete (and not just 'cause I did FMA) and not even chop, but slash with it so it doesn't stick. If you need it to chop branches or wood, the cold steel proof dvd's I have show them splitting wood 2x4's with their machetes like they were holding and axe. I recently handled the Latin one, which is like 24 inches, and I didn't like it 'cause the blade was all wobbly like a Chinese sword.

Badness will not be rewarded supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel Browning
    Just ask Leon Trotsky, ice axe 1, Trotsky, 0, it was a Stalin ordered Snuff job.
    You know that left a mark.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Fiskars Handy, the best damn hatchet there is. Period

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You know, I dig the ones with the hammer side. Not only does it give you another handy tool for your money (you could just be creative and hammer with the flat on a regular axe/hatchet/tomahawk) but in a fight you could use that side and not have to worry about it sticking in a bone like I discussed before.

One advantage of an axe/hatchet/tomahawk for fighting over a slashing weapon is that the protruding blade head gives you a hook to aid in grabbing a limb or to catch a weapon and lever it away in a disarm.

Also, in Battletech, it was probably the best mech melee weapon.

Page 3 of 3 First 123