OOOOOOOOOOAAARRGGHH RLY?

Posted On:
    8/17/2006 1:18am

supporting member
     Style: In Transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Loosening the hips???

I have this problem with my hips that whenever I try to do a high kick, it fucking HURTS. Not in the groin area, in the out hips. I don't understand this. I can't do side splits either, for the same reason. The groin area is fine, it's the hips that start hurting (not even "stretching", just like someone were twisting my joint the wrong way) when I lift my leg too high sideways. Which is funny, because I can do a forward kick above my head and almost do the front splits.

Any ideas? I can't think of a way to stretch that part of the hip to see if it would do anything. The "exact" spot where it hurts would be right underneath and to the side of the hip bone at your waist.

It pisses me off because I like high kicks. :( I also had this problem when doing TKD, but I never really had to do high kicks that had any power, so I could weasel out of it.

Founder/GrandSensei of Joint British / Papua New Guinean Non-contact Lawn Bowls Jiu Jitsu Committee

Posted On:
    8/17/2006 1:27am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have the exact same thing.

I'm thinking of seeing a chiro about it.

I can almost put my foot behind my head, but I can't open my legs further than 90 degrees.

you know the reclined cobblers pose?

Like this but on your back, feet together on the floor, knees falling to the side...

That really hurts my hips... how about you?
    Imports from Japan, Shipping Worldwide! Art Junkie, Scramble, BJJ Spirits, Reversal...
    Scramble Stuff

OOOOOOOOOOAAARRGGHH RLY?

Posted On:
    8/17/2006 1:31am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    AAAhhh!! The pain! Yeah, it hurts.

Yeah, 90 is my limit. It's weird seeing guys who haven't been training as long or just aren't is as good shape as I am open their legs wider when stretching (like on the floor).

You think a chiro can solve this? Don't they just fondle your spine?

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    8/17/2006 1:33am

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Doing a lotus position stretch helps me, I get the same thing sometimes when I'm feeling particularly stiff.
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

AK: Giving new meaning to the word "Unfair."

Posted On:
    8/17/2006 1:36am

Style: Out-Of-Shape MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I know that I CANNOT go more than, say... 145 degrees, but pain from a high kick? It's time to see the chiropractor, PL.

**EDIT**

For clarity, I should add that any pain that I do experience is from the groin area, not the hips, which is why I suggest a Chiropractical angle on this problem.
    Last edited by Airman Kai; 8/17/2006 2:07am at .

OOOOOOOOOOAAARRGGHH RLY?

Posted On:
    8/17/2006 1:48am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Seriously? A chiro? I'll ask the guys at my gym if they know of any good ones, then, since they seem to be "in the know". I don't want someone telling me "oh yes yes, come here twice a week for the next 50 years and I'll guarantee I'll get your arms moving again."

AK: Giving new meaning to the word "Unfair."

Posted On:
    8/17/2006 2:05am

Style: Out-Of-Shape MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Poop Loops
    Seriously? A chiro? I'll ask the guys at my gym if they know of any good ones, then, since they seem to be "in the know". I don't want someone telling me "oh yes yes, come here twice a week for the next 50 years and I'll guarantee I'll get your arms moving again."
    Dude. It's your HIP. I would have to say that you shouldn't **** with father chance on this one. Don't get all cynical, but you should accept the SLIGHT possibility that you might actually have a condition which requires a multitude of chiropractic solutions.

Or not. But like I said, it's your freakin hip. Don't chance it.

Posted On:
    8/17/2006 3:01am

Style: Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You have a condition called "Just Not That Flexible"

The easiest and cheapest way to deal with it is to just accept that big, dramatic, flashy head kicks are just not gonna be the way you knock someone the **** out. Too bad.
    Optional signature you may use to appear at bottom of your signatures.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/17/2006 3:08am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Seiki Juku Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm with kidspatula, the lotus position works wonders, it's from that stretch that I managed to get so flexible.

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    8/17/2006 4:37am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by wakinonioi
    You have a condition called "Just Not That Flexible"

The easiest and cheapest way to deal with it is to just accept that big, dramatic, flashy head kicks are just not gonna be the way you knock someone the **** out. Too bad.
    if you dont know dont open your dumb mouth. in this case, you dont know. hip pain of the kind PL is talking about is not "just something that happens"

PL- chiro. I had this exact problem. she (and yes she was HOT) used strange voodoo chair of death to make my hip go "crack" and the pain never came back. also while this will get rid of the pain (hopefully) im gonna guess you will also have trouble with your flexibility. go see a physio and he will give you stretches and **** to strengthen the abductors and adductors on the out and inside of your leg.
Page 1 of 5 1 2345 LastLast