Capitalist Pig

Posted On:
    8/16/2006 3:45pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, no-gi, boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by RoninPimp
    I'm not sure how I feel about this...Good pics either way...

I understand. I don't like burning books based on the symbolism alone. In fact I would have gotten rid of the books a long time ago if it wasn't for my respect for the medium whether I agree with the knowledge in the writings or not. I primarily did it for my friend and former instructor.

I would have probably just thrown the books out anyway at some point. It's rare that I do this though. The only other time I've ever thrown out books out of dislike are those related to investing that I felt were misleading get-rich-quick schemes and apt to get someone to lose a lot of money in the stock market. I just felt better getting rid of the material instead of selling them used so some other person could lose money (with the investing books) or (as in the case of the Bujinkan) waste a lot of their time AND money.

I did sell quite a few videos of the Bujinkan a few years back. In retrospect I probably should have just trashed them too. I do keep one tape though. I've not watched it in years but I keep it around just in case I feel like doing Bujinkan again. In that moment of weakness I'll force myself to put it in and watch the ridiculousness and remind myself why I left.

Posted On:
    8/16/2006 3:53pm

Style: Karate, Sadism, Violence.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I admire your youthful zeal, much like the young Nazis:P

However...You could have sold those things on E-bay and gotten some of your hard earned money back.

Capitalist Pig

Posted On:
    8/16/2006 3:59pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim
    I admire your youthful zeal, much like the young Nazis:P

However...You could have sold those things on E-bay and gotten some of your hard earned money back.
    I understand this perfectly well. That's not the point though. I feel that the Bujinkan is a waste of time, waste of money, is run like a cult and is an organization run by incompetent people that think they're ninjas and better than everyone else. Why would I want to sell that information to someone so that they may be encouraged to start training in the system and go through the same experience I had?

Certainly you could argue that there are many copies of these books in print and my actions didn't do anything. However I'm happy knowing that my copies aren't going to bring anyone into the Bujinkan and that's worth more to me than the money the may have gotten being sold.

Besides if I had just thrown them out it wouldn't have looked nearly as good in the photos. :)
    Last edited by katana; 8/16/2006 4:14pm at .

Posted On:
    8/16/2006 4:12pm

Style: Karate, Sadism, Violence.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by katana

Besides if I had just thrown them out it wouldn't have looked nearly as good in the photos. :)

Your darn right. That picture of the burning books was indeed sweet.:karated:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/16/2006 4:54pm

Style: Tenchu Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I would only have a problem if you were organizing and collecting books from others and burning them in the name of (insert cause of the moment here).

But since they are your personal property... you certainly made an anti-bullshido statement if I ever saw one.

Posted On:
    8/16/2006 5:00pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just let me see if the MAP ninjers have caught onto this thread yet....

I can't get into their forums right now.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/16/2006 5:02pm

Style: Tenchu Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Someone should post a link if they haven't. Imagine the wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Posted On:
    8/16/2006 5:02pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "I feel that the Bujinkan is a waste of time, waste of money, is run like a cult and is an organization run by incompetent people that think they're ninjas and better than everyone else."

+1

By the way, which video do you keep around to remind you why you left? I've still got a copy of a tai-kai video and I laugh my ass off watching that.
    Last edited by Virus; 8/16/2006 5:07pm at .

Capitalist Pig

Posted On:
    8/16/2006 5:12pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Virus
    By the way, which video do you keep around to remind you why you left? I've still got a copy of a tai-kai video and I laugh my ass off watching that.
    I keep around a Smoky Mountain Taikai video. It's actually stored near some MMA/BJJ tapes. I'm worried it may cause a matter/anti-matter explosion if it comes into contact with these other tapes so I keep it in a lead container at all times and wash my hands thoroughly after handling it.

Yes Koto got his name changed, quit asking...

Posted On:
    8/16/2006 5:36pm

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushin Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was thinking it would be "Combat Ninjutsu" by RVD.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12 3456 LastLast