Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/16/2006 11:08am

Style: Mixed

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

$ 100 for 100 push ups

This is hilarious.

I want to see some skinny punk win this and embarass the muscleheads.

P.S. I would compete for $ 1000

OOOOOOOOOOAAARRGGHH RLY?

Posted On:
    8/16/2006 11:34am

supporting member
     Style: In Transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The push ups are probably the easiest thing to do on the list. And yeah, there are plenty of skinny guys who have good push up endurance.

Or hell, anybody from the military should be able to do this, right?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/16/2006 12:19pm

Style: Hung Ga Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I would like to see the one-armed pushups with the shoulders square to the ground, myself.

But, military guys should be able to do this.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    8/16/2006 12:32pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm not sure what this contest is supposed to showcase. The title is missgiving since 100 pushups is not really a great feat for anybody with some decent conditioning. One arm pull ups are another thing.

Hmmm, a skinny boy may do more push ups and/or pull ups than a musclehead... and the operative word is "may". Skinny fit kid =/= skinny shitty, Xbox-playing EMO kid.

Did anybody tried to register? I tried, but that **** didn't work. I'd put my info and typed the graphic passcode, but it would always kick me back to the registration page. Nor I could get any rules on usernames and passwords. Fucking weird.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    8/16/2006 1:05pm

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    hell, even I could probably do 100 elbows out pushups, and I'm a fucking wimp
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/16/2006 2:13pm

Style: Mixed

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I registered ok. You have to confirm your registration. They send you link to your email. When you log it, you have to do it twice, hate that ****.

I don't know about easy 100 push ups. I always thought it was a great fit.
    Just never thought there would be a contest with money payed for it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/16/2006 2:39pm

Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The real question is what do they define as a push-up? One hundred chest to the ground push ups is much more of a challenge than one hundred I moved push ups.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/16/2006 2:51pm

Style: Aunkai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I wish i could do 30, i have very long arms and legs. I should probably follow Pavel's naked warrior routine if I really wanted to increase the number I can do.

When I was in AFROTC for the PFT due to my long legs I could nearly max out the standing long jump, running and pushups (legs didnt help for that, but I could crank out 89), but pushups and pullups were not so easy with long limbs.

Also benching isn't that easy either for similar reasons.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/16/2006 3:35pm

Style: Hung Ga Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pherael
    The real question is what do they define as a push-up? One hundred chest to the ground push ups is much more of a challenge than one hundred I moved push ups.

That's what I was thinking. I do about 4 sets of 50 three times a week, and I don't think it would be a piece of cake to bang out 100 anytime soon.

from their site:
    Push ups
    One set only.
    There must be as straight line form the shoulders to the heels. This line must be fixed through out the set. Feet are not wider than one foot apart. Hands are not wider than shoulder width apart, but can be closer. Fingers must be parallel to the body. Hands must be at the chest/shoulder level. Only full reps will be counted. The arm position canít be switched during the set. Arms must be straight at the top of the movement. The chest must be an inch or closer to the floor. The first time the chest makes the contact with the floor, the rep will not count. Second contact will cause a disqualification. Break in pace will cause a deduction. More than 5 seconds in still position will cause the contestant to be disqualified. 3 Minutes is the maximum time allowed.
    Last edited by nomamao; 8/16/2006 3:41pm at .

AK: Giving new meaning to the word "Unfair."

Posted On:
    8/16/2006 3:38pm

Style: Out-Of-Shape MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Poop Loops
    Or hell, anybody from the military should be able to do this, right?
    Erm... well... let's just say that MY network-engineering self can pass the PT test. But a hundred UP-DOWNS? I'm thinkin' not.

Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast