Our Sponsors:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/17/2003 10:30am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hi Yall! I just started "Fang Shen Do Kung Fu" about 6 weeks ago and find it very good. (Though I have nothing to compare it to as I have never done any martial art before.

I was wondering for those of you who have 5 minutes to spare, if you can visite the web site at www.fangshendo.com and let me know what you think?

Here is a short description of what is fangshendo. (Taken off the internet.)

Fang Shen Do prepares the individual physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually while teaching the finest and most efficient fighting system ever developed for today's society.

My only problem with this is it's EXPENSIVE! At least twice the price of any other art in my area. Here is an example, I pay 114$ per month CANADIAN. I found a Judo School for 18$ Per month Can. And that is 3 times per week!. So anyway, Just wondering your thoughts.

Oh, and here is another quick question:

Have you ever *used* your martial arts to help you get out of bad (ugly) situations? (Meaning, could you describe in short how your martial arts has helped you defend or gain control in a bad sitation.

Thanks Yall!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/17/2003 11:06am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Looks like Made Up Do, but if you get some benefit from it and enjoy it, great. Have fun, and you will probably develop some physical preparedness for an altercation.

What I would do: Judo at $18(CAN)

I have had many times where my prior training in MA has helped me out of a jam(from the archives):

http://www.bullshido.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2905&FORUM_ID=2&CAT_ID= 8&Topic_Title=Martial+Arts+aren%27t+realistic+ for+real+life+or+SD%2E&Forum_Title=General+Dis cussion

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/17/2003 11:24am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    well it's a mixed MA school not kung-fu. I mean look at the credentials of the teacher, he has studied a lot of diff things (karate, JJ, boxing, etc) amongst which only wing tsun relates directly to kung-fu. As a mixed martial arts place it seems pretty good, focused on reality training and application, and maintaining good standards (4-5 year to black belt etc). So if you are looking at mixed martial arts then this place seems pretty good! If however you were looking for kung-fu then the onlu kung-fu there is the name and some wing tsun techs.

:)

C

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/17/2003 1:15pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks for your feedback chinpau. That was what I was looking for. Have you ever had to you your MA to defend yourself ? (Get out of a bad situation)?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/15/2003 4:50pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hi Yall! I just started "Fang Shen Do Kung Fu" about 6 weeks ago and find it very good. (Though I have nothing to compare it to as I have never done any martial art before.

I was wondering for those of you who have 5 minutes to spare, if you can visite the web site at www.fangshendo.com and let me know what you think?

Here is a short description of what is fangshendo. (Taken off the internet.)

Fang Shen Do prepares the individual physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually while teaching the finest and most efficient fighting system ever developed for today's society.

My only problem with this is it's EXPENSIVE! At least twice the price of any other art in my area. Here is an example, I pay 114$ per month CANADIAN. I found a Judo School for 18$ Per month Can. And that is 3 times per week!. So anyway, Just wondering your thoughts.

Oh, and here is another quick question:

Have you ever *used* your martial arts to help you get out of bad (ugly) situations? (Meaning, could you describe in short how your martial arts has helped you defend or gain control in a bad sitation.

Thanks Yall!

"All that can be done for you is nothing to what you can do for yourself."

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/15/2003 5:02pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hello kermit this is beast anyone who greets you like that has issues im also taking fangshendo kungfu 6months, previous to that i took sunny tang wing chun kung fu they are based on almost the same principle.Bruce lee said that martial arts was a classical mess thats why he devised a system like jeet kune do in a way fangshendo is based on the same principles.Void of the classical mess tell that fool or whoever it is to have a cup of shut the hell up.bruce also said that any system that teaches you to defend your self is good so dont listen to these amateurs.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/15/2003 5:05pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    hows that for newbie you punch drunk fools

Co-Founder, Retired Admin

Posted On:
    8/15/2003 5:13pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Karate,

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well thats definitely not Kung Fu man, it lloks like a variety of slyes. The school looks very modern(and clean) and it looks like they cover weapons, sparring, some grappling excersise. Id try it, but dont ever let a school break your wallet if you dont have it.
    "All warfare is based on deception." -Sun Tzu, ca. 400BC

Reverse punch Kiaii!!!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/15/2003 6:39pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Having looked at the site, I am a little skeptical of these particular features:

1.) the claim of most efficient fighting system in today's society yet it seems to present little materials that deal extensively with modern weapons such as firearms, psychology, biomechanics and physics applied in combat.

2.) The claim that the master learned his system from (interestingly) an anonymous direct student of the late Bruce Lee. I sure as hell would seek the name and try to verify if the claim is true. Too many schools claim some association with Bruce Lee with little to no valid proof other than heresay - a sign of mcdojo/bullshido.

3.) "fire-walking seminar" - I don't know about you guys, but doesn't it makes you wonder what the **** has fire-walking gotta do with modern combat. Don't tell me the practicing "mind-over-matter" BS either, we all know that fire-walking is more of a circus trick than some kind of martial training. i have seen a lot of traditional schools that try to show case all sorts of "tricks" and physical feats as part of their martial discipline, all of them have so far been mcdojo, bullshido or simply strongly smell like one.

X

Posted On:
    8/19/2003 3:40pm

supporting member
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "psychology, biomechanics and physics applied in combat"

Most styles that claim to be based on these things are pure garbage too, and often it is very doubtful that the masters have any actual university level, or even close, knowledge of these aspects.

& Firewalking sure sounds like cult material to me.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast