Not a biggie, glad to help.

Injury Waiting To Happen

Posted On:
    8/15/2006 11:59pm

supporting member
     Style: Snatch Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My favourite knife I've owned...which, now that I think of it I don't know the location of at the moment, is this:

It don't look as purdy since some of the gold plating wore off, but I love that knife.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/18/2006 1:51pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have a KISS folder as well.

Its not all gold plated hotness like ICY's, but I like it. I would recommend them.

BJJ wins again!

Posted On:
    8/18/2006 3:44pm

supporting member
     Style: Guns

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you like Khukris and you want to treat yourself to something of very high quality, I recommend you skip several of your other choices and get a Himalayan Imports Khukri.

These are forged by real kamis in Nepal. The forge is primitive, but the knives are fantastic and very cheap for what they are. It's also nice that the kamis who make HI knives are paid a decent wage and are well taken care of (for Nepal, a very very poor country.) You and I would not want to live the way they do, but they're extremely well off by Nepalese standards because of HI.

Great knives, cheap. They're not as inexpensive as CRKT, but neither are they mass-produced factory pieces.

www.himalayan-imports.com

Oh, and CRKT's are very good value for your dollar. They are reliable, trustworthy knives. The only people in CRKT's price range (and barely) who do better are Spyderco.

Actual Photo

Posted On:
    8/18/2006 4:36pm

supporting member
     Style: Recovery-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Gwinn
    If you like Khukris and you want to treat yourself to something of very high quality, I recommend you skip several of your other choices and get a Himalayan Imports Khukri.

These are forged by real kamis in Nepal. The forge is primitive, but the knives are fantastic and very cheap for what they are. It's also nice that the kamis who make HI knives are paid a decent wage and are well taken care of (for Nepal, a very very poor country.) You and I would not want to live the way they do, but they're extremely well off by Nepalese standards because of HI.

Great knives, cheap. They're not as inexpensive as CRKT, but neither are they mass-produced factory pieces.

www.himalayan-imports.com

Oh, and CRKT's are very good value for your dollar. They are reliable, trustworthy knives. The only people in CRKT's price range (and barely) who do better are Spyderco.

Excellent link thank you very much Don . I think I just found a christmas present for myself .
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi108 View Post
    Nuke a unborn gay whale for Christ.
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.”
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/18/2006 8:37pm

Style: Kali

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

I actually already knew about Himalayan Imports and have had to greatly weigh getting one.
    The Ka-Bar Khukri I am picking up is going to be my bruiser, as I don't own a machete, and need one. As a result it will probably go through hell.
    While the Himalayan Imports are so nice... I just wouldn't feel right using one of those things to clear brush.
    It's like using the Mona Lisa as a fire-starter.

I have however, at least once a week go to their site just to drool.
    It's so nice.

So very very pretty.

That Flagship Model BirGhorka Kothimoda....

I don't have words for that one.

Posted On:
    8/18/2006 8:45pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey Don, do you know anyone who makes a mylasian paraang?

Posted On:
    8/19/2006 12:41am

supporting memberhall of fame
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I got mine from this company

They sell the Standard Army Kukri #1 for about 60 dollars but shipping and handling is a bitch.

Personally I like the look and feel of the Traditional Kukri. Unlike the Cold Steel model the Traditional Kukri has a thick blade, almost ¼ of an inch of steel. Basically it is an f’n hand axe…

Another pic of my Kukri…

For the knife and shipping you will pay about 100 dollars.

My model is made with traditional methods and interestingly enough out of railroad track or the leaf springs of cars.
    Last edited by Olorin; 8/19/2006 1:08am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/19/2006 6:58am

Style: Kali

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Olorin
    I got mine from this company

They sell the Standard Army Kukri #1 for about 60 dollars but shipping and handling is a bitch.

Personally I like the look and feel of the Traditional Kukri. Unlike the Cold Steel model the Traditional Kukri has a thick blade, almost ¼ of an inch of steel. Basically it is an f’n hand axe…
    Actually the Kukri I am getting is from Ka-Bar.

It's going to total about 60 bucks with shipping and handling.
    I figure when Christmas rolls around this year I will talk myself into buying a nicer one.

If I'm really damn gullible I might just see about putting out the cash for that BirGhorka Kothimoda Flagship model they have.

With the pure silver hand made sheath.

... it's so sexy.

BJJ wins again!

Posted On:
    8/19/2006 6:44pm

supporting member
     Style: Guns

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't know if it's still going on since Uncle Bill passed away, but it used to be that HI would post great deals on seconds and closeouts in their forum at www.bladeforums.com . Good deals there, but you have to be quick.

I have no experience with the Ka-Bar kukri, so I wouldn't run it down, but I wanted to make sure everyone knew about the HI offerings.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast