Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/07/2002 9:59am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ummm useless ranting... but i wouldn't mind addin here... hehehe
    i do TKD and i don't find it useless. just because some guys couldn't take it, means no one can??
    come on guys get a life...
    -Bhudhijeevi-

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/07/2002 10:32am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    one thing more
    i hav cross trained in different arts like wrestling and judo, BJJ or JJ r not here...
    one thing wat i would like to believe even being a TKDist that once u r down only wrestling save ur ass..
    for any ladies/girls i would prefer wrestling style, u know why because that doesn't need them to stretch/180 splits, and other things, in one month training(sparring u say) they'll be able to defend easily...
    now why i m advocating wrestling even after being a hardcore TksIst cause i hav crosstrained in Indian Wrestling system and provided good training it can take mulitple oppn'ts and use Weaspons system too..
    so if u try me on standing or groudn up,i hav guts to go on both...
    wrestling is totally sparring all the time and a normal TKDist hav to do forms, kicks, pnches ,blockes and grappling techniques so many things given time u can even take some good punks on ground, but as i said given time...and given a good teacher(I m proud at my TKD teacher he trained with the best in TKD)
    nuff said...
    -Bhudhijeevi-

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/08/2002 12:54am

Style: Dynamic Combat,TaeKwondo,Judo,Submission Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Almost any kind of throw commits your body weight. I'd much rather push a guy to the ground then try some throw, or wrestling takedown. What does loving the grappling arts have anything to do with me 'not realizing'(haha) that I could throw a guy and stay on my feet? Nothing at all. I don't want to cause body to body contact cause I want to stay on my feet, and if I did it'd be a bigger chance that I might fall to the ground also cause **** happens.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/08/2002 2:38am

Style: Punk Rock

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What does loving the grappling arts have anything to do with me 'not realizing'(haha) that I could throw a guy and stay on my feet? Nothing at all.
    By you stating that you "love" the arts would seem to infer that you actually know some things about them....such as the above example. Being experienced ing grappling gives you a much better chance of staying upright in a situation where you would want to. Get it?

============
    I hold the patent on Chaos.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/08/2002 3:13am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I know a lot about grappling. I did it for about 5 years total. Just cause you know grappling doesn't mean you can't be taken down. Like I said things happen that you can't control. But I'm getting a litte off topic of what I was originally saying. Strike, don't grapple; keep seperation in most situations. A good foundation in grappling can help you to get back to your feet and be familiar with what a ground fighter might be setting you up for and avoid it. Look at grappling as a small piece fighting, not that it's the only way.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/08/2002 6:09am

Style: Punk Rock

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I never said that knowing grappling would keep you from being taken down, but it helps, you can't argue there. And I agree, grappling is a good piece of a great meal, but you gotta have sides, and maybe dessert. Damn, I'm hungry....

----->
    "As we all know Kung fu is superior to every other art ever invented ever ever ever, there is simply no need to discuss those inferior arts and their flimsy girly armed practitioners" -Kung Lek

Not my quote, but good...

Motorboatin SOB

Posted On:
    9/08/2002 5:18pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo and BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The problem is most fights happen at ranges closer than what TKD does.
    If you are a woman, your attacker is going to be bigger and stronger than you.
    Odds are, they are not going to attack you, they will try and rape you. They will grab a hold of you and try and move you. TKD can not deal with that. How can you throw a kick when the person is 6 inches away?
    And that's when I figured out that tears couldn't make somebody who was dead alive again. There's another thing to learn about tears, they can't make somebody who doesn't love you any more love you again. It's the same with prayers. I wonder how much of their lives people waste crying and praying to God. If you ask me, the devil makes more sense than God does. I can at least see why people would want him around. It's good to have somebody to blame for the bad stuff they do. Maybe God's there because people get scared of all the bad stuff they do. They figure that God and the Devil are always playing this game of tug-of-war game with them. And they never know which side they're gonna wind up on. I guess that tug-of-war idea explains how sometimes, even when people try to do something good, it still turns out bad.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/08/2002 11:09pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Most attacks begin at conversational distance so, no, kicks won't be effective, but you can learn close range defensive skills and good punching skills to compliment a tkd kicking arsenal. There are many arts that specilize too much in a particular range, but that's changing now a days more and more.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234