Our Sponsors:

Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. Michael

Posted On:
    8/31/2002 3:06pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    (Realize that this post is only for a special few that I see on this website and not for all of you)
    Sorry guys but I've got to get this one off my chest and I'm going to put it into words that you'll understand since the guys I'm talking about probably had problems passing third grade:

What the **** is up half you guys' ass? I here this crap about this style is bullshit and this style sucks blah blah blah blah. You guys act like neandrathals (look it up in the dictionary.) If you don't see instant results then the style is crap. Grow up and leave your homophobic asses back home. There is a huge difference between knowing how to fight and knowing how to defend yourself. You think Muay Thai is all that, what are you going to say when it lands you in jail? You think BJJ is all that, say that to the 2 other guys stomping on your face while you try to break a guys arm.

I'm talking from experiance here girls (that would be you.) I've done the professional kickboxing, I've done the nhb, and I've been a bouncer and bodyguard and seen plenty. I've made the mistake of taking somebody to the ground in a bar and got lucky enough that I had back up before getting my ass thouroughly kicked by the rest of his friends (I'll remain standing thank you very much), we've had 3 guys thrown in jail because they decided to go muay thai on some poor ignorant shmuck(got that dictionary handy?) . And I've seen the opposite where some poor green belt or mcdojo black belt got there ass kicked because he decided to be stupid on the street.

I've seen Mcdojo's up close, promising little kids their black belt in 2 years and making them believe that they've learned anything of substance. But I've also seen studios, including mine, award black belt to young kids (considered jr. blackbelts), for there achievements. They give them skill enough to handle bully's about there own age and size. (That would probably mean you punks.) If a school is giving kids a level of confidence that is justified, some skill and technique, while teaching them a level of respect and humility (am I talking over your heads now?) then let them be. Most of you couldn't hang with a good black belt test that these kids have to endure let alone develope the skill to even take it. I personally don't believe in the belt system but its there and it helps people obtain goals (oops, talking beyond your vocabulary again)

You think TKD sucks as a fighting art, your probably right(and I teach TKD), but muay thai and bjj suck as a self defense art. I'd try to explain the difference but you guys wouldn't understand. Some people take martial arts for health benefits and to protect themselves from the average assailant, that's where these fast track self defenses come from. If you don't think they work then prove it because there are too many documentations that have shown there effectiveness (oops there I go again talking over your heads.) Of course there are those get rich quick schemes, name one thing here in America that doesn't have a bullshit side to it.

Some of you guys download videos of kung fu and tkd guys getting there butts handed to them by muay thai and mixed martial art fighters I have two things to say about that. First, I've documented over a dozen fights with thai fighters and bjj fighters getting knocked out by "mcdojo" arts. Second, dah....of course somebody who cross trains and is conditioned to fight in the ring has an extreme advantage over a typical martial art practioner (stop moving your lips as your reading this.) That's like comparing a pro race car driver to a regular driver, are you saying that the average person doesn't know how to drive? (actually that's an entirely new can of worms). I would call you guys morons but I don't think you guys are that smart. Basically its the fighter in the fight not the style.

Well I got that off my chest; blast away guys.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/31/2002 3:14pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Given the respectful conversational tone you've adopted, I expect any number of enlightened responses any minute now.

*tick...tick...tick*

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/31/2002 3:38pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    makes sense, you're average guy dosen'twant to train for nhb or bjj. They don't want to get hurt or a blackeye training ,this forum is kidding themselves if they think otherwise.For the most part a "mcdojo"is teaching exactly want the public wants -a FUN-SAFE,program.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/31/2002 5:36pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Go Michael Go! Except I must disagree with the Muay thai part, I think it is good for self defence because it gives you the basics in throwing a punch and such that the he average street thug may not know, however I dont comepletely agree with the BJJ part though, I think BJJ is excellent if its a 1 on 1 match, but anymroe thank 2 vs 1 I think it has a disadvantage. Thats where crosstraining comes in. Mix that BJJ with say muay thai or Enshin and you will have their ass's on silver platters. Hey would you mind posting or emailing me the vids of a mc dojo winning? thanks

Migos heteroasexually challaged (everyone all the time)

Edited by - lui kang on August 31 2002 22:27:20

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/31/2002 5:58pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    where is peeweeshaolin

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/31/2002 6:20pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    > Well I got that off my chest; blast away guys.

It's "neanderthal", neanderthal.

You could've skipped the boring bravado and gotten straight to your point.

- Stipe -

Co-Founder, Retired Admin

Posted On:
    8/31/2002 9:11pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Karate,

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I wont bother coming back with insults and then ask someone to get a dictionary even though I cant spell the fukking word myself. I think what he said makes no sense. I dont care how many "nhb things" hes done. He says BJJ is useless for self defense, hes full of ****. He doesnt know his ass from his elbow. Sorry.

Download Boztepe/Cheung sometime and keep in mind they are MASTERS. You see ALOT of technique huh? WOW that looks JUST LIKE THEY SAID it would if you got attacked. It looks like 2 fourth grade kids.

Why exactly is BJJ and Muay Thai not good for self defense? Explain. Because it doesnt teach a 90 lbs woman to wrist lock a hundred pound heavier opponent? If your going to talk **** at least back it up.

I've said it before......The arts you claim are good for self defense would have a very small man try and defeat a bigger, angry opponent who has LESS of a reach, whos is WEAKER, and whos body can take LESS punishment, by striking him. Its not going to happen. Thats not self defense. You want to see an art work? Let me see a 135lbs TKD fighter beat a 200lbs BJJ fighter. If you reverse the weights then i HAVE seen Royler Gracie beat a kenpo instructor that was 200lbs. The guy wrote an article for black belt about the experience.

Your going to tell us that BJJ wont work against 3 guys but Karate will? Let ME pick the guys and I want you to defend yourself. They'll kick you ass so fast you wont have time to say "I was a bodyguard". Theyre going to swamp you and you BETTER know about groundfighter because you WILL be taken down. And from learning ground fighter you'll have a better chance of getting to your feet and getting the **** out of there. At last BJJ would give you experience trying to emain standing while another man is attempting to drag you to the ground.

Dont believe that BJJ blindly advocated taking an opponent to the ground. If your instructor told you this then I would love to know his name. Because no BJJ instructors tell this to thier stuents. BJJ will SAVE you if you get dragged to the ground. And it will help you keep your feet and AVOID going down against your will.

This argument is old, so I really dont give a ****. But you said BJJ "sucked" for self defense. Your full of ****.

"Do not become entranced by impractical or useless movements. Do not be categorized as one who "Learns all there is to know about less and less until he ends up learning everything there is to know about nothing." -Ed Parker

Edited by - PeedeeShaolin on August 31 2002 21:12:44

Edited by - PeedeeShaolin on August 31 2002 21:15:22
    "All warfare is based on deception." -Sun Tzu, ca. 400BC

Reverse punch Kiaii!!!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/31/2002 9:27pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well,

Where do we start?

First I would like to know what does Michael consider to be practical for self defense.

First and foremost it does not matter what art you train in. If you don't have it in you, you will get your ass handed to you in the street. I have seen "Masters" in the arts, and I do use that term loosely get their asses handed to them on the street, by a street kid with NO martial arts training. This is usually the case unless the Martial artist also has some seasoning.

In closing training in Karate, TKD, BJJ, Muay Thai, etc... does not matter unless you have it in you. You either got it or you don't. That's a fact!

Your All Tools

Posted On:
    8/31/2002 10:11pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Submission Wrestling.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Agree with Peedee and Your All Tools
    "Training = pain." - I said that.

PizDoff when drunk: "I'm actually MOST pissed that my target for the evening got drink...then I gave her my Bullshido Canada hoodie like a gentleman because she was outside with not much on...did I mention she barfed twice when I got our jackets...steaming barf is kinda fascinating..." - PizDoff.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/31/2002 10:28pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey I edited my earlier post, it ws a bit off because im a little sick/drunk/stoned so I dont completely know whatt im doign. Please ignore any spelling errors, maybe ill edit them latewer.

Migos heteroasexually challaged (everyone all the time)
Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast