Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/09/2006 8:40pm

Style: Chito-Ryu Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have been in contact with Mr. Daoust again, and he forwarded this link with the club info:

www.magokorodojo.com

Looks good to me!

Also - the Heart and Soul Academy does not have a website yet.

He'll flip ya!

Posted On:
    8/09/2006 9:23pm

supporting member
     Style: Not.....working

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You know what?I hink I might know (sort of know him) a fighter who might train there.I'm up for a vist one of these days.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/09/2006 10:15pm

Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    heh, probably got fowarded the same email.

Ill probably try to drop in as soon as possible since im off bjj for a couple of week .

Just gotta figure the closest metro.

edit: never mind it was a direct reply.
    Last edited by MartialArtN00b; 8/09/2006 10:17pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/10/2006 1:44pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by GIJoe6186
    STFU, seriously. Karate is all stupid and boxing is da best? Take another look at the Daido Juku videos or some Enshin or Kyukushin. These are modern forms of karate, done the way its suppossed to be. They drill, do pad work and spar hard.

Not all karate is what you think. What about Kung Fu? Its all crap too. Unless your talking about the modern San Da training. Its not just Boxing and MT. Those are just the widespread and popular ones.
    Nothing in your reply challenges what I have already stated. Why bother with Karate if I want to do MMA (or selfdefence). Of course if you are a Karate guy who has spent a considerable amount of money and time training in white pijamas and bowing to a sensei to have the privilege to open your own Mc Dojo franchise, you have two options upon the realization that your striking art is not the "ultimate ****":
    a. You quit and start learning BJJ for your ground game and
    MT, boxing or kickboxing for your striking game. Or even better you join a place that does all MMA training specifically.Or
    b. You do all I've already mentioned before (except for quitting) add it to your Karate, open your brand new Mc Dojo
    and sell it as the "new best ****"
    And by the way kung fu is not a martial art is a westernized umbrella term to refer to all chinese martial arts (abot 300!!).
    However, I woudn't go as far as putting TCMs in the same cathegory as Sanda, Sanshou ot Lei tai. And why did you bring that up. Maybe because Karate came from some of them. Right?
    And finally anybody can make cool looking promotional videos. The kyokushin people are experts on that.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/10/2006 2:26pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I dont fancy your MMA. I wear a sweater 3/4 year, a heavy coat half the year. And go bare-chested for the pool only.

Id rather go with the art that have grips. Somethin that muythai does not offer. Ever tried to thai clinch when your gripped by the sleeves? yea wont happen.

Now go grab a clue, nutrider.

Some people here do need heavy pyjamas to sleep when they go to bed.

Boneheaded Optimist

Posted On:
    8/10/2006 2:53pm

supporting member
     Style: Wado Kai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by velomaster
    Nothing in your reply challenges what I have already stated. Why bother with Karate if I want to do MMA (or selfdefence). Of course if you are a Karate guy who has spent a considerable amount of money and time training in white pijamas and bowing to a sensei to have the privilege to open your own Mc Dojo franchise, you have two options upon the realization that your striking art is not the "ultimate ****":
    a. You quit and start learning BJJ for your ground game and
    MT, boxing or kickboxing for your striking game. Or even better you join a place that does all MMA training specifically.Or
    b. You do all I've already mentioned before (except for quitting) add it to your Karate, open your brand new Mc Dojo
    and sell it as the "new best ****"
    And by the way kung fu is not a martial art is a westernized umbrella term to refer to all chinese martial arts (abot 300!!).
    However, I woudn't go as far as putting TCMs in the same cathegory as Sanda, Sanshou ot Lei tai. And why did you bring that up. Maybe because Karate came from some of them. Right?
    And finally anybody can make cool looking promotional videos. The kyokushin people are experts on that.
    To respond to your points:

a. I've realized my art is not the 'ultimate ****'. None are. So what?

b. This is stupid and what this site is designed to combat. It happens, but is not limited to Karate, TKD or Kung Fu. Those styles have just been popular far longer than BJJ or MT.

And the BJJ people make some of the coolest videos around. Does this make bjj ****?

If you've spent any time on this board, you'd know that training methodologies > specific styles.

IMO, Karate and Kung Fu still have some good practitioners out there. Unfortunately, there ARE a great number of crappy McDojos too. And they are now touting BJJ as the 'new ultimate ****'. And how many 'non competitive MMA schools' are starting to show up? OR MMA for Kids?
    Quote Originally Posted by pauli
    i was once told that "do" means wrecking people's **** for your own philosophical betterment.

Quote Originally Posted by melvin_peebles
    I could be mistaking dumbness for delusion. I'll have to go dig out my DSM IV. It's great to have stumbled upon this site. The rich fauna and flora of mental dysfunction that exists in the martial arts is amazing. It's like the Galapagos.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/10/2006 4:46pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MartialArtN00b
    I dont fancy your MMA. I wear a sweater 3/4 year, a heavy coat half the year. And go bare-chested for the pool only.

Id rather go with the art that have grips. Somethin that muythai does not offer. Ever tried to thai clinch when your gripped by the sleeves? yea wont happen.

Now go grab a clue, nutrider.

Some people here do need heavy pyjamas to sleep when they go to bed.
    I do practice bjj. And we train both gi and no gi. The pijamas i was refering to was the lighter fabric karate gi. And by the way Karate guys don' go gi grabbing. I was just being ironic within the context of my reply which you completly missed. And of course you had to show your superior intellect by insulting me (attack 'ad hominem) probably because you have nothing else to add!!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/10/2006 5:04pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Feryk
    To respond to your points:

a. I've realized my art is not the 'ultimate ****'. None are. So what?

b. This is stupid and what this site is designed to combat. It happens, but is not limited to Karate, TKD or Kung Fu. Those styles have just been popular far longer than BJJ or MT.

And the BJJ people make some of the coolest videos around. Does this make bjj ****?

If you've spent any time on this board, you'd know that training methodologies > specific styles.

IMO, Karate and Kung Fu still have some good practitioners out there. Unfortunately, there ARE a great number of crappy McDojos too. And they are now touting BJJ as the 'new ultimate ****'. And how many 'non competitive MMA schools' are starting to show up? OR MMA for Kids?
    There is nothing wrong with practicing TMAs for fun or sport. Besides bjj, kick boxing and savate, I've practiced a number of TMAs(taekwondo, karate, white crane kung fu, bagua zhang, xing yi, aikido, aikijujitsu, wing chun), just for fun or to see if I could find anything of value to add to my game. I'm just tired of Karate people trying to sell their style as 'the ultimate ****' when is not or their dihonest way or mocking other TMAs when theirs is no better.And no most bjj people are not touting BJJ as the 'ultimate ****' they don't need to.

Yes Koto got his name changed, quit asking...

Posted On:
    8/10/2006 5:10pm

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushin Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ^^Someone needs to lurk a lot more and read a lot of posts he's missing out on. Right now you're not saying anything different than what's been heard here a million times before.

He'll flip ya!

Posted On:
    8/10/2006 5:30pm

supporting member
     Style: Not.....working

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by velomaster
    There is nothing wrong with practicing TMAs for fun or sport. Besides bjj, kick boxing and savate, I've practiced a number of TMAs(taekwondo, karate, white crane kung fu, bagua zhang, xing yi, aikido, aikijujitsu, wing chun), just for fun or to see if I could find anything of value to add to my game. I'm just tired of Karate people trying to sell their style as 'the ultimate ****' when is not or their dihonest way or mocking other TMAs when theirs is no better.And no most bjj people are not touting BJJ as the 'ultimate ****' they don't need to.
    And most people who do BJJ don't do it for the fun or sport aspect of it?Come on.BTW.you're not supposed to **** up the thread of with a style vs style debate in "Strikestan".Also lurk more ans post less.I suggest you go to "your martial arts sucks" to discuss any points you think you might have.

Did you even watch the clip?Do you even know what the purpose of this thread is about?It was to show the techniques demonstrated in the clip and talk about it.If it went over your head than it's not our fault.
    Last edited by CanucKyokushin; 8/10/2006 6:01pm at .
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast