230579 Bullies, 3967 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

I'd like to leave this world like I came into it: Screaming, naked & covered in someone else's blood

Posted On:
    8/14/2006 6:08am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai (BJJ hiatus)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I once got battered by Wing Chun guy. I was doing Wing Chun myself though so does that count?

Posted On:
    8/14/2006 6:22am

Style: wagamichi shorei kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shu2jack
    When I was a young lad my sister and I got into an argument. This is the story of that argument.....

My sister is one who is a very emotional person and tends to fly off the handle for little things. One time I made the mistake of making a smart ass comment to her (I forgot what about) when she was PMSing (I also learned a valuable life lesson about PMSing women). Well, after a while of trading words she took a baseball bat and started swinging at me. Not liking what she was doing, I told her to fucking stop it. She didn't. So I studder-stepped like I was going to charge her, and quickly backed out of range as she swung the bat. I then took one quick step forward to execute a jump side kick after she missed. I hit her in the chest and knocked her into the pinao (yes, we were inside the house during the incident). That took the fight out of her.

I'm not sure what to make of the story in relation of the question though.

-Should she feel stupid for losing to some one who studies ATA TKD?

-Should I feel stupid because I knocked the fight out of some one who doesn't study any martial arts. (Though some may argue that an untrained person is more skilled than an ATA TKD practioner.)

-Should I feel like an ass for jump kicking my sister?

Is your sister hot?
    When You absolutely have to hide a body...try Alaska.

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/14/2006 9:34am

supporting memberhall of famestaff
     Style: Muay Thai & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I got my ass handed to me by a guy who does lindsey lohan 5 palm something Kung Fu.

I still give Omega a hard time for dislocating my shoulder at my first throwdown.

My pleasure.

Posted On:
    8/14/2006 10:24am

Join us... or die
     Style: yang taichi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by wagamichi
    Is your sister hot?
    Should he have kicked her harder if she was?
    Sumus extra manum tuam.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/14/2006 10:37am

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by wagamichi
    Is your sister hot?
    sounds like my kind of girl...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/14/2006 10:59am

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    n e way.. I started going to a Ke_po dojo in about the seventh grade. That was the second in a long string of bullshido arts that I studied.

Even then I thought there was something lame and pointless about what we were doing, but the physical training was good so I stayed with it.
    I kept bithing and bitching because they wouldn't let a white or yellow belt spar and finally my instructor caved and sparred me. He kept whining about how my contact was too hard. I did fine for my age and inexperience but in the end his reach won and he nearly KO'ed me with a kick to the head.
    So that was a time when I got the pwned by what many consider to be an inferior art. But I was just a kid so I don't feel bad about it.

I also have to add that like a lot of people around here say... even though a MA might be totally shitty it's always at least possible that there are persons who study it that kicks ass. It may not have anyhting to do with the art. Maybe they are just a natural or maybe they have learned the best methods from some other source besides the **** art they study. One of the top five greatest fighters I have ever known (out of hundreds) NEVER STUDIED ANYTHING. He came from an extremely abusive home ... other than that there was no way to account for that guys skill. But he excelled brilliantly at both kickboxing and wrestling . So as tempting as it may seem to dismiss every LARPer and TMA dork as a fairy, I personally try to avoid it and at least TRY not to judge.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/14/2006 2:49pm

Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I got tripped by some fat ass grade 7 back in grade school. I proceeded to whoop soundly his ass, but the very fact I was tripped really hurt my ego. He literally grabbed me by the lapel, stepped on my foot, and did a push. lmfao, it was like schoolyard fighting 101, but I fell for it without even throwing a single punch.

Other than that, I also lost in point-sparring (this was when I was still a foolish khroddy kid) to a green-belt with 4 foot arms (me being a blue belt at the time).

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    8/14/2006 7:53pm

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No, because people who do BS martial arts don't fight.
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

Posted On:
    8/14/2006 8:16pm

Style: TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I did a grappling match with a small wing chun guy once. At the time I didn't know much BJJ, just rolling with my friends and a few random people. I somehow pulled guard. Then he did throat chokes with his forearm and that totally neutralized my guard.

I've also seen a video of the wing chung guys training partner fighting 2 BJJ guys at the same time. He was winning at first, but eventualy was taken down. When the first BJJ guy clinched he used him as a human shield to protect agaisnt the other BJJ guy.

Posted On:
    8/14/2006 8:54pm

supporting memberhall of fame
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I lost to a Tai Chi guy in a Judo tournament.

While that sinks in I will explain. While at a local tournament I had a match with this guy and before our match he came over to talk. He told me that he really liked internal Chinese martial arts and was way into Tai Chi. He further explained that he was very new to Judo. Visions of highlight video quality throws danced in Olorin’s head. Well we got out there and I went for a throw and he blocked it and dumped me on my back for the win. I was feeling low…like giving up Judo to start knitting sweaters or something. However while changing in the locker room he came over and explained that in reality his father was the High School wrestling coach that he wrestled for four years in HS, and for two years in college. Then he enjoyed a good laugh…God dam sandbagging wrestlers!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123