Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Prophet of Apathy

Posted On:
    8/14/2006 4:48pm

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You'll lose very little and as PL said, it doesn't hurt to rest now and then. Main concern is muscle wasting around the shoulder and shoulder blade but you've been there before no doubt.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/15/2006 4:34am

Style: FMA/MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    as a cautionary tale, four months ago i got my arm partially dislocated at work in a fight, i didnt realise at the time and lived with it for three months till i saw someone about the clicking, to cut the story short i had surgury last week to stabilise the joint ( google a SLAP lesion to see the most common and tricky to spot injury) and have been told im looking at 6-8 months before i can return to full fighting fun...

yes i typed that with my left.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/15/2006 6:55am

Style: Rehab

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ahh.. i dont mind the wait/rehab.. just as long as my shoulder is fixed and its the last time i have to go through it!

I mean, im 16, better to get it fixed now than to have it dislocate in my first pro fight or something.

Thanks everyone for the advice.

P.S i have discovered the means of WALKING as a way of keeping active til i can return to the gym. Plus im scoring 5 bucks a night for walking the dog.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12