Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/01/2013 3:40pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberg View Post
    When I lived in Buffalo I was mugged by two men, I told myself that isn't going to happen again so when I moved back to Norwich I studied Washin Ryu at the YMCA.
    I just had to post this again. Who knew that the secret to dismembering assailants and and striking fear into the hearts of lesser men was taught at the 6:30 slot between basket weaving and spin class?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/01/2013 4:52pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

washin-ryu

Quote Originally Posted by lukerawks View Post
    I just had to post this again. Who knew that the secret to dismembering assailants and and striking fear into the hearts of lesser men was taught at the 6:30 slot between basket weaving and spin class?
    Batman.....maybe?

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    3/01/2013 5:35pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by lukerawks View Post
    You shut the hell up! My old YMCA karate buddies were some old school tough guys you wouldn't want to mess with. Not like you metrosexual kids today who train after their cushy office job. There was a tough construction worker, a REAL cowboy, and a tough as nails Native American. If you don't believe me, here's a pic from back in the day, practicing our favorite kata in unison:

Posted On:
    3/01/2013 8:02pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well you're not black, so you must be the guy in leathers?

Posted On:
    3/02/2013 1:07am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Washin Ryu, Iaido

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    LOL wow sounds like I touched a nerve.
    I studied it because it was available and it worked for me.
    Since you're all experts what is the best style of martial art for self defense?
    I'm not being a smart ass but I'm sure I'll here no end of it.

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    3/02/2013 10:51am

staff

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I studied it because it was available and it worked for me.
    Since you're all experts what is the best style of martial art for self defense?
    I'm not being a smart ass but I'm sure I'll here no end of it.
    No, no nerves touched with us.. just mockery of your hilariously fucking stupid post.

To answer your question however: -

Name:  7.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  129.7 KB
    "To sin by silence when one should protest makes cowards out of men".

~Ella Wheeler

Administrator

Posted On:
    3/02/2013 11:00am

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No, you received what you dished out.
    This is where the never was touched:
    All the technique and dance class isn't going to help you if you wet your pants when you have a sawed off shotgun stuck in your chest. My advice to trashtalkers is stay out of the jungle.
    This was used to aggravate it:

Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    3/02/2013 4:03pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: 柔術

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When I lived in Buffalo I was mugged by two men, I told myself that isn't going to happen again so when I moved back to Norwich I studied Washin Ryu at the YMCA. I practiced my katas in the yard until the pattern was worn through the grass (all linear type).
    I know from first hand experience the system does work. The good news I think that if you are diligent probably most systems would work. What I practiced in katas I was able to put in practice in the streets. They wouldn't show me advanced techniques because of my temper but I've had criminals pull weapons on me, I've had to get rough with them but I sent them packing because I am determinined not give them another thing.
    I would give you this advice though. Practice until it is a reaction. When you are in a real life situation a criminal with a weapon will already have it out and ready to shoot it at you or strike you with it. The criminals I ran into in Buffalo, Harrisburg and New York City were not expecting to run into someone who would grab their hand and twist it into an uncomfortable position. Don't be cruel though civil suit defense = $75,000.00 and it's decided by a jury majority who may decide you didn't have to be so 'forceful' and that you should pay medical care for that poor mugger.
    I would also say that the training I received has helped me keep my temper in check and not to over react to a coward who thought some puny knife or pistol was going to steer me like the rudder on a ship.
    As far as all the trash talk by the entrant whose user name is 50/50 my advice for you for a long life is stay on your campus and play touch with your boyfriends. Stay off Grant Street or Peace Park in Buffalo after dark, stay out of The Hill in Harrisburg and stay out of Alphabet City in NYC. In other words avoid the areas where your training will be tested in fire. All the technique and dance class isn't going to help you if you wet your pants when you have a sawed off shotgun stuck in your chest. My advice to trashtalkers is stay out of the jungle.

Your fantasy world sounds like a dangerous place.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/02/2013 4:13pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

washin-ryu

As far as all the trash talk by the My advice to trashtalkers is stay out of the jungle.
    What kind of jungle does Buffalo lie in? I know it's not a tropical or sub-tropical zone. Is it a temperate rainforest? Is the buffalo jungle where they get the little chickens for wings? I only ask cause the only thing I know about Buffalo is their sports teams are good enough to get to championship game but can never seal the deal.

Posted On:
    3/02/2013 8:17pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Washin Ryu, Iaido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    well 1911's are final Rock Ape, I never thought I'd like S&W but once I got my 686 I realized why LEOs didn't want to give them up for clip feds
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123