Page 1 of 11 12345 ... Last
  1. #1
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    I wanted to do Muay Thai. but I am afraid of breaking my leg.

    [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlkUlA96g2Y[/media] I always wanted to know Muay Thai in order to kick like this guy.

    I stopped after watching this.
    [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VR-b3cEx0M[/media] Goddamn, that hurts.

  2. #2
    Torakaka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Kaka village
    Posts
    10,642
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    don't fight numerous matches with a stress fracture in your shin and it won't happen. This isn't something that happens because these guys practice muay thai.
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

  3. #3
    Teh El Macho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia
    Posts
    11,746
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As I said in the other thread, you are supposed to add a commentary anytime you put a clip. Stop it before you get banned.

    BTW, there is another clip like that somewhere in the forums. My uneducated guess is that this man had a pre-existing condition, perhaps a fracture that didn't heal well.

    You can break your leg by kicking alone, but the chances are slim. I put my money in that a pre-existing condition made this dude propense to a fracture.

    *** EDIT ***

    You are also supposed to fill your MA style in your profile. :5bomb:

    *** EDIT ***

    Kids has the correct.

    *** MO' EDIT ***

    This will be you if you keep posting vidclips without commentaries :)

    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

    My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

    New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

    t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

    The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

  4. #4
    Master Bait's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    131
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is that a real video?

  5. #5
    Torakaka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Kaka village
    Posts
    10,642
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You really have to consider how many hundreds (maybe even thousands) of thaiboxing matches have been posted on the internet and out of those, how many has this occured? So far I've seen two videos of this happening total. It's not really something anyone has to worry about happening since it pretty much never happens.
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Cleveland Tn
    Posts
    82
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If something as unlikely as this is scaring you away from Muay Thai then you probably dont have the guts to step into the ring anyway.

    Its like saying that you would like to play golf but your afraid to because some poor idiot got struck by lightening on the course.

  7. #7
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by El Macho
    As I said in the other thread, you are supposed to add a commentary anytime you put a clip. Stop it before you get banned.

    BTW, there is another clip like that somewhere in the forums. My uneducated guess is that this man had a pre-existing condition, perhaps a fracture that didn't heal well.

    You can break your leg by kicking alone, but the chances are slim. I put my money in that a pre-existing condition made this dude propense to a fracture.

    *** EDIT ***

    You are also supposed to fill your MA style in your profile. :5bomb:

    *** EDIT ***

    Kids has the correct.

    *** MO' EDIT ***

    This will be you if you keep posting vidclips without commentaries :)


    What? There is commentary under each video.

    Anyway I've searched for more info on this guy for the entire morning but I haven't come up with any info yet, so I don't know if it was a stress fracture or not.

  8. #8
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kung_fu_zombie
    Its like saying that you would like to play golf but your afraid to because some poor idiot got struck by lightening on the course.
    How is that nearly the same thing? Lightning striking someone is a freak occurance outside your control.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    119
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Its not so bad breaking a leg ... a cast and a script for perks ... could be much worse.

    If your scared of getting hurt, perhaps fighting sports just arent for you.

  10. #10
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hvyhands81
    Its not so bad breaking a leg ... a cast and a script for perks ... could be much worse.

    If your scared of getting hurt, perhaps fighting sports just arent for you.
    Actually I'm into self defense, in which case, hell yeah I'm afraid of getting hurt, which is why I'm into self defense in the first place. :|

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO