Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    8/10/2006 12:32pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bud Shi Dist
    2 raw organic free range vegetarian fed eggs blended with some whole raw (unhomogonized unpasturized) organic milk and either some chocolate syrup or vanilla extract. This is what my nutritionist has me eating for breakfast.
    How organic of you... sounds like an excellent breakfast for me.

Quote Originally Posted by KhorneliusPraxx[quote=RunningDog
    porridge rocks
    If you eat Porridge Rocks™ for breakfast, you will probably chip your teeth. [/quote]Plus, they would be painful to poop out.

Sometimes when I work out in the morning, I have a gatorade, a banana or a cup of coffee and whole milk (that **** makes me fart melodically). Anyways, immediately after workout, I'd have a myoplex shake or two egg mcmuffins.

I guess I should rephrase my first statement regarding breakfast. I will do my best to eat heavy (or at least moderate) within the first few hours after waking up. Doesn't have to be right after waking up, but certainly within the first 2 or 3 hours. And I'd try to eat at least three times by noon.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Posted On:
    8/10/2006 12:44pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Poop Loops
    I was planning on eating left over chili. But then I thought "No, that's heavy. I'll eat something light, go train, come back, and then eat it." So much for that.

And it's Canadian Rye.

It could definately be the time. I get up at 8, start eating at around 8:20, get done at around 9, and am on the mat at 10. But it's now 10:30 and I still feel like a light jog would cause me to hurl.

I'll just have to get up earlier and eat something heavy, I guess.
    Ohhhhh, that could be it. Try the following. Get up at 7:40 and drink at least a glass of water. Eat around 8:20 as usual, and have some gatorade 30 minutes before you go to the mat.

When you are done, try to have another glass of water, wait a little, have a strong snack, like an egg mcmuffin or a whole wheat bagel with plenty of good'ol peanut butter (peanut butter is the ****!)

People don't use to drink plenty of water before eating. That leads to indigestion. Since you are rolling in the morning, you don't want to eat too heavy (see this thread why not.) I was under the impression that you were going off to school, but if you are rolling, then certainly you don't want to eat too heavy.

However, you do want to replenish yourself after mat time.

It could also be your overall diet. It doesn't matter if you eat well in the morning. If your diet throughout the day doesn't support your needs, a heavy breakfast won't do ****.

*** EDIT ***

Canadian rye is good. You don't need to kill yourself then.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/10/2006 12:49pm

Style: Jin Jun Kwan Hapkido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I use my NO EXPLODE in the morning on an empty stomach and dont eat til after my training after I take my creatine.

OOOOOOOOOOAAARRGGHH RLY?

Posted On:
    8/10/2006 12:52pm

supporting member
     Style: In Transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by El Macho
    Ohhhhh, that could be it. Try the following. Get up at 7:40 and drink at least a glass of water. Eat around 8:20 as usual, and have some gatorade 30 minutes before you go to the mat.

When you are done, try to have another glass of water, wait a little, have a strong snack, like an egg mcmuffin or a whole wheat bagel with plenty of good'ol peanut butter (peanut butter is the ****!)

People don't use to drink plenty of water before eating. That leads to indigestion. Since you are rolling in the morning, you don't want to eat too heavy (see this thread why not.) I was under the impression that you were going off to school, but if you are rolling, then certainly you don't want to eat too heavy.

However, you do want to replenish yourself after mat time.

It could also be your overall diet. It doesn't matter if you eat well in the morning. If your diet throughout the day doesn't support your needs, a heavy breakfast won't do ****.

*** EDIT ***

Canadian rye is good. You don't need to kill yourself then.
    Dude, before school it's even worse. If I wake up early (like at 6 or so), it feels like my throat is just closed and food doesn't want to go through. It sucks ass. And this isn't due to a lack of sleep, I make sure to get enough. I've always had this problem, though.

My overall diet could use some help, but it's not super bad. In the evenings I generally have a lot more energy than in the morning, so I'm guessing I just need more time to get up to speed.

Canadian rye is awesome.

Baracknophobic

Posted On:
    8/10/2006 12:55pm

supporting member
     Style: JackOAllTradesMasterONone

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you eat a bowl of Poop Loops™, I guarantee that you will get sick to your stomach!

Not over zealous, but just zealous enough. 病気の粗悪品

Posted On:
    8/10/2006 1:07pm

Style: Okinawan Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When I was a kid in Jr. high I traced the wanting to puke feeling a football practice to the chocolate milk I had a lunch.

Even if you are using organic milk they put corn syrup sweetener in the chocolate syrup. Corn syrup sweetener in "NO BUENO" in my book. I don't drink ANYTHING including soft drinks with corn syrup sweeteners, and I don't do FAKE sugar either.

I drink mostly water, and a little coffee. If I want something with bubbles, I drink club soda.

I don't know if this helps you at all, but it works for me.

For breakfast I used to eat nothing, but started forcing myself to eat oatmeal (porridge) and now that it is so hot I eat grapenuts cereal in the summer. Once I got used to it, it was no problem and I actually feel better and drink less coffee.

I would stay away from chocolate milk altogether.
    People often tell me that I fail to see the gravity of the situation.
    I see the gravity, and I say...

Step right up folks and watch me defy gravity!

i keep tryin to spar, but nothin happens!

Posted On:
    8/10/2006 1:26pm

supporting member
     Style: karate / bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    two sausage, three eggs. fried and fried.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/10/2006 2:16pm

Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Poop Loops
    I'll just have to get up earlier and eat something heavy, I guess.
    Is there a reason you're set on eating a heavy breakfast?

Posted On:
    8/10/2006 2:31pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by warnerj5000
    Is there a reason you're set on eating a heavy breakfast?
    It's recommended for most. Some individuals that engage in sports can function without it, but the majority can't unfortunately.

Rhamma is the correct with corn syrum and chocolate milk ****. There are some cheap ass protein shakes out there that contain corn syrup, and that stuff makes me dizzy big time. There is something evil about corn syrup, I dunno.

Poops, that feeling you have on your throat, it may be acidity, or you are not getting enough water. Try to drink a glass of water (minimum) first thing you wake up. It sucks at first, but it prepares you for food intake.

Have you tried eating yogurt in the morning? Not the fat free ****, but the regular variety. It really helps in creating an apetite and in reducing stomach problems. Give it a try. If you can get papaya fruit, that should help as well. It's an acquired taste, but it has healthy properties just like yogurt.

GIJoe6186 like boys, mainly his brother

Posted On:
    8/10/2006 3:03pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Are you supposed to be using the NO explode every day? Just before workouts or you are probably wasting the money( not that NO is a good supp to begin with).

Also, I have to eat big when i wake up, I remember when ever I count calories in breakfast I usually make it up to 800-1000 calories. How you guys eat like bitches I don't know.

Cereal, milk, leftovers, oatmeal, OJ, anything is good.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12 3456 LastLast