Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Not over zealous, but just zealous enough. 病気の粗悪品

Posted On:
    8/11/2006 1:18pm

Style: Okinawan Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by mrblackmagic
    All of you are wrong. Chinese prostate exam, FTW.
    You know if my Dr. looked like her I might be more willing to have that done.
    People often tell me that I fail to see the gravity of the situation.
    I see the gravity, and I say...

Step right up folks and watch me defy gravity!

Posted On:
    8/11/2006 1:25pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DHNK
    None of you seem to have been struck in the groin... it floored me more than once.
    It floored me in Jr. High. Not, as an adult.

If you teach women that is her one best self defense you are giving bad advice.

EVERY MAN, trained untrained it doesn't matter, will instinctively protect the family jewels.

And a man who might have just been planning to rob a woman in a parking lot may get so enraged :cussing: that he kills her if she whacks him in the balls.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/11/2006 3:15pm

Style: MT\KM

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow... I wonder if you guys find anythign as good self-defence. And for women, especially. Guess those weaklings are gonna have to stick to the shocker & mace, instead of the manly Muay Thai & BJJ. But then again, if they're so weak, how will they be able to swing a mace?

Posted On:
    8/11/2006 3:26pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It would depend on the woman, but if she wieghs like 100lb I would imagine she would not have much of a chance fighting a dude that weighs over 200lb.

You want to know what I tell my wife?

Scream your ass off for help.

If he is attacking you and you can't run try to gouge his eye and if he is trying to drag you off just fall down limp. It is very difficult to carry 120lb of dead weight, if you go stiff you are easier to carry.

If you think a small woman can actually fight a average to large man you are dreaming. I don't care how much she trains.

Banished to Fort Worth

Posted On:
    8/11/2006 4:14pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhamma
    If you think a small woman can actually fight a average to large man you are dreaming. I don't care how much she trains.

[dumbass KM nutriding mode]

"No way man! J Lo used Krav Maga in that movie to kick Billy Campbell's ASS! She's only like 5'6", and he's 6'4"! So take that!"

[/dumbass KM nutriding mode]

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/11/2006 5:14pm

Style: MT\KM

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No I'm not stupid... I know that a 120-130 pound woman, or even a man, can't take on an average sized man... usually... 95% of the time. And though I can see why you say it won't work most of the time on average sized male robbers\rapists\assault...ers... I also would like to hear a solution, if you think there is one. What if a dumbass decides to bring his gf who won't give him any to the middle of nowhere and rape her there? Is she completely screwed?

PS- TBH if it wasn't such a girly thing to do I'd have a taser on me at all times.

Posted On:
    8/11/2006 5:53pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KempoFist
    Not saying whether it is or isn't true, but I think every art claims that those damned Americans watered it down for a buck while at its country of origin they do it "teh real."
    List of "t3h r34l" arguments:

National teh real: That only one country practices the correct version of an art. (usually country of origin)

Personal teh real: Only one individual teaches the correct form of the art.

Temporal teh real: The art today is weak and silly, but back in history it used to kick ass.

Lineage teh real: Similar to personal and temperal, a combination of the two. Only people who have studied under a certian person and passed thier version down over time are doing it correctly.

:new_color

Enforcer of Northeast Anti-Silliness Department Inc.

Posted On:
    8/11/2006 9:47pm

supporting member
     Style: Kaju, BJJ, Judo, Kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DHNK
    Wow... I wonder if you guys find anythign as good self-defence. And for women, especially. Guess those weaklings are gonna have to stick to the shocker & mace, instead of the manly Muay Thai & BJJ. But then again, if they're so weak, how will they be able to swing a mace?
    Interesting comment. What you've stumbled upon is the cold realization of the truth of combat, and are experiencing the romanticized nonsense that one usually associates with martial arts being painfully ripped away. I know it stung when I found out that there were no "short cuts" to fighting or training, and that fights were generally either one person dominating the other or it would look something more like sloppy grappling/kickboxing.

BJJ is a great tool for womens rape defense, and such an art (trained no gi under a qualified instructor who has enough sense to stop licking the gracie nutsack for a moment to look outside the box) could really up the odds of her overcoming him and getting away.

I think for standup, rather than relying on the nutshot for an easy escape like in the movies, using it to open them up for a few well placed punches to the jaw/nose and then running is the best option.

The thing is though that most of the ideas that RBSD and especially womens self defense instructors have come up with just aren't proven, tested, or practical unless you subscribe to their own delusional brand of reality. It's sad but true, a 100-120lb woman is gonna be pretty screwed if she comes across a guy that instead of trying to drag her away by her wrist, decides to crack her in the jaw (like they do in the real reality) by her minivan at the supermarket and then throws her into his car to have fun elsewear.
    Knowing is not enough, you must apply...
    ...Willing is not enough you must do
    ~Bruce Lee

Enforcer of Northeast Anti-Silliness Department Inc.

Posted On:
    8/11/2006 9:47pm

supporting member
     Style: Kaju, BJJ, Judo, Kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Virus
    List of "t3h r34l" arguments:

National teh real: That only one country practices the correct version of an art. (usually country of origin)

Personal teh real: Only one individual teaches the correct form of the art.

Temporal teh real: The art today is weak and silly, but back in history it used to kick ass.

Lineage teh real: Similar to personal and temperal, a combination of the two. Only people who have studied under a certian person and passed thier version down over time are doing it correctly.

:new_color
    Awesome post :)
    Knowing is not enough, you must apply...
    ...Willing is not enough you must do
    ~Bruce Lee

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011