Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 789 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/18/2006 10:14pm

Style: Kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So, Alex, you're revolutionary point is that if you put someone who works on their fitness against someone who doesn't work on their fitness, the one who does the work will be better off?

Are you taking idiot lessons from Hannibal, by any chance?

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    8/18/2006 10:25pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    excuse me noob? i was asking what people do instead of running, because lets face it running sucks balls. you arent even fucking close to what my point was. the last few posts ive just been taking the mickey out of fatasses who make up excuses about it.

dont pollute my thread with your tkdish noobery, buttlicker. this thread was aimed at people who compete in actual combat sports not foot tag.

Grandmaster Sensei of Village Idiocy

Posted On:
    8/18/2006 11:20pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kyokushin and Judo.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There is nothing wrong with some running.

But by now I think we all agree for martial arts/boxing/fighting purposes, long distance running is not the best way to go. Just so there is no confusion by long distance running I mean running for 45 mins and more. Not needed.

What I do: I go for a 3 km run at a decent pace. Faster than a jog. After than I run a few sets of hill sprints. Or else I go inside and do the following.

Burpees: As many as I can for 30 seconds
    Pushups: As many as I can for 30 deconds
    V - Ups: As many as I can for 30 seconds

I do one circut of that then rest for 30 seconds then repeat. It's a good little conditioining drill.
    Hannibal: The sworn enemy of dishonest politicians, source of entertainment on Bullshido and newly appointed Office Linebacker. Terry Tait ain't got **** on me !!!!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/18/2006 11:38pm

Style: Kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I love you too, Alex.

As I said, I usually do exercises that more accurately reflect the sort of cardio I would need for sparring. That said, I do run, if only to make sure that I can if I ever need to.

Posted On:
    8/19/2006 3:23pm

Style: Judo - Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by RoninPimp
    Concept 2 Rower...
    I love my rower. Everyday for me begins with 30 minutes on it. With that said, I do run a lot and swim a lot. I run at least thirty miles per week, with swimming being mostly technique drills (can't swim well without good technique), and then I have my once a month SEAL physical screening test (No I'm not a SEAL, but I'm in the pipeline so I have to take the test).
    "Keep a sharp knife, shiny boots and be on time."

Posted On:
    8/24/2006 2:12pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I chuck flaming hippopotomi into dumpsters.

I usually run a quarter a ways around the track, punch my punching bag for a minute(beating the **** out of it to bands like Apocolyptica), lift it up, run up a hill, roll down my hill like a ninja, go behind the bleachers and climb up the back, leap off into a breakfall, do as many pullups as I can followed by as many pushups as I can, take the punching bag and do a bunch of jump squats, then snatches, then I push press it into oblivion, and take a 3 minute active break by jump roping, or sometimes I bring my 12 pound medicine ball and shotput it repeatedly, running and getting it each time.

Posted On:
    8/25/2006 3:40am

Style: Kickboxing/Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I used to cycle but thanks to some knee problems I mostly concentrate on bagwork now: 5 minute rounds with 1 minute breaks for as long as I can handle it (which ain't long -- I hit an hour tonight and that's about twice as long as usual). I find that my technique actually improves as I get tired, since I start relaxing a bit more and carrying more of the shot with my feet.

BTW -- my cardio sucks.

Posted On:
    8/25/2006 2:22pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yay! Right?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/25/2006 5:59pm

Style: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ill take skipping over running any day of the week, im also thinking of buying a weighted skipping rope, they work the shoulders like crazy.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/28/2006 9:46am

Style: Hung Ga Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    weighted ropes aren't good for you. Anything over 2 pounds will destroy your shoulders in the long run, and kill your wrists.

Just jump with a beaded rope, and jump higher/faster.
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 789 LastLast