Judo: the anti-trapple

Posted On:
    8/11/2006 11:29am

supporting member
     Style: Jujutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinosaur AMP
    You just can't go wrong when your getting armbar'd to Flogging Molly while a fire fighter is cursing at you in the background. Good stuff!

and good morning to you too

Posted On:
    8/11/2006 11:32am

supporting member
     Style: MT/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by FatMgrDad
    $50 for a glorified timer I could write myself in 5 minutes? Pass.
    You can't make people smarter. You can expose them to information, but your responsibility stops there.

Judo: the anti-trapple

Posted On:
    8/11/2006 11:55am

supporting member
     Style: Jujutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PirateJon
    $50 for a glorified timer I could write myself in 5 minutes? Pass.
    The timer isn't the value proposition, Liz actually pops up as your personal coach!

The best thing on the site is the video they sell - it's called Cardio Karaticise. Seated reverse punch your way to fitness.
    Last edited by Oscar Goldman; 8/11/2006 11:57am at . Reason: irrelevant crap in post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinosaur AMP
    You just can't go wrong when your getting armbar'd to Flogging Molly while a fire fighter is cursing at you in the background. Good stuff!

Dysfunctionally Strong

Posted On:
    8/11/2006 5:32pm

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony
    Runners run.

Swimmers swim.

Fighters fight.

- Pedro Rizzo
    My thoughts exactly.
    "Emevas,
    You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69

Not Enough Weight

Posted On:
    8/11/2006 8:40pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Strongman cardio is the ****. Yesterday I set up a tire and a 24-kg kettlebell at the bottom of a hill and did a ladder drill: 1 tire flip, 1 snatch, 2 tire flips, run to kettlebell, 2 snatches, etc. until I reached the top of the hill. THAT was a puker. Sandbag carries, car pushing, and Javorek's bar complexes are also mainstays of my conditioning. I hate running.
    "Even if one's head were to be suddenly cut off, he should be able to perform one more action with certainty."
    -Yamamoto Tsunetomo

Yes Koto got his name changed, quit asking...

Posted On:
    8/13/2006 1:25pm

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushin Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ender
    Strongman cardio is the ****. Yesterday I set up a tire and a 24-kg kettlebell at the bottom of a hill and did a ladder drill: 1 tire flip, 1 snatch, 2 tire flips, run to kettlebell, 2 snatches, etc. until I reached the top of the hill. THAT was a puker. Sandbag carries, car pushing, and Javorek's bar complexes are also mainstays of my conditioning. I hate running.
    Good ****.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/17/2006 7:49pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex
    I see on here lots people saying "well i dont do roadwork because blah blah training blah blah tough blah blah cocks"

so what do you do instead? I always thought that not doing roadwork because your training was cardio enough was a total cop out. way i figure it is that while you laze around doing nothing the other guy is out running and theres no way thats putting him at a disadvantage. when i lived at my old place i used to run every second morning but now ive moved further away and had to grt a bike, ive replaced that with a half hour cycle to training then half hour back (uphill both ways and if you dont think thats possible in this realm of physics you havent lived in the clusterfuck that is auckland)

so what do YOU do instead? are you a ***** that says training at class alone is enough? are you teh hardkore who gets up at 5am every day and does 5 bamillion laps of the pool? the people demand answers.
    Here's a routine I like to do it seems stupid but it works
    Do 100 push ups at home then I bike 15 minutes to a forest near my house and do a really messed up routine. I'll run at full sprint through the forest (like the trees and branch/rock covered dirt not the walking path cuz that's boring) while throwing punches and doing the occasional roll if there's a clearing. Then after a while I'll stop to climb trees, throw heavy rocks and logs around aimlessly (there is never anyone around where I go so its not dangerous) and do various bodyweight excercises and then run back to where my bike is (this whole routine lasts roughly 45 mins but its intense.) Then I'll bike home (more like 20 mins) and before I let myself rest or take a shower I force another 80~100 push ups out of myself.

I only do this once a week or twice if I'm on vacation cause it's really time consuming I also run, swim or bike pretty much every day for lesser periods of time (usually about 15~30mins) not to mention I also do weightlifting and bw stuff on a regular basis

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    8/17/2006 10:19pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    sounds um

like you are a fruitcake? but at least you do something not like some of the denial pussies in this thread saying "well i train and thats blah blah blah wheres my blankie"

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/18/2006 12:55pm

Style: Hung Ga Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Roadwork?

Bullworker, jumprope work and forms. It takes about an hour and a half , 5 days a week.

I used to run 5 miles 5 days a week, but my foot got a bone spur, so I'm laying off that for a bit.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/18/2006 1:23pm

Style: Kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sparring, bagwork, cardio kickboxing.

Runnng trains the wrong kind of endurance. Specificity for teh win!
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 5678 ... LastLast