Page 8 of 8 First ... 45678
    Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia
    Style
    creonte on hiatus
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ACD
    i am not here to make enemies with anybody, just to prove that George Dillman is a good man
    1. How do you intend to prove that?
    2. Who cares if he is a good man? We don't care about his personality, but about the things he teaches.

You can be Mother Theresa for all I care, but if you are teaching others that you can KO someone off by throwing a fart at them (or some other **** that defies the laws of physics and human anatomy), I will call on your bullshit regardless.

Give Caesar what is to Caesar. A person's character and the validity of his teachings are usually two different things into consideration. In general, we only care for the later.

So, if you are interested to prove to us that his teaching methods are true, go for it.

If you are only here as a character witness, with all due respect, no thank you. We are not interested, and you are in the wrong venue for that.
    Last edited by Teh El Macho; 5/12/2008 3:27pm at . Reason: making it more civilized
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I found this ancient post after my son was searching for Chi balls on Youtube after he started training in Tae Kwon Do. And now I'm going to bump it. : ) It's great because, as you're about to read in my first post, I met Dillman when I lived in Reading PA as a kid, and have a few things to share.

But first, some quick RECENT history about myself. After I left PA and moved to CA in the 90's, I trained here in Tae Kwon Do for over 8 years, got my 3rd dan, taught, then got married and gained too much weight and focussed on my business. Since my 11 year old son has now decided to get into it, I've joined him in a different Do Jo than I trained, and we both train now (we moved to a different area of CA). Both then and now, the studios are traditional Korean Tae Kwon Do - the first one was UTA and the current one WT(F).

The owners were no nonsense, traditional, old Korean grand masters who return to the Kukkiwon frequently, who have a number of students in past Olympics and state Tae Kwon Do sport tournaments. I posted that info about myself an son to show that, I guess, I have some informed perspective and insight with my observations about Dillman as I remember them from way back.

So here goes -

The first time Dillman came to our community center in Stoney Creek swimming pool was in the 1970's. Yes Dillman is JUST that good, that he was ACTUALLY invited be the world renowned Stoney Creek Swimming Pool Community Center of PA. LOL!! There, he proceeded to have his students break 1" boards (a WHOLE 1"!!!) with various punches and kicks. Then the ubiquitous small slabs of cinder blocks jacked up with, way-too-thick, wooden dowel spacers at the extreme edges... The usual stuff. Far, FAR, too many went unbroken.

THEN came the Chi balls and the holding of the sheets, with his students flying all around the great Stoney Creek Hall (about the size of an indoor basketball court). I remember a volunteer asking if he could be blasted with a chi ball and Dillman said "This is much too dangerous". After about 45 minutes of this, Dillman himself eventually picked someone out of the audience - who he declared, "Completely anonymous!" to prove he was the real deal. Wait, I thought it was too dangerous!? WTF happened to that!?

You guessed it, KA-BOOM, er umm... I mean "HA DOOKEN!!!" and the man was blasted to the floor like a rag. The audience oohed and aahed. LOL! Later, after the event, I saw them all get into Dillman's caravan (basically their cars which they arrived in, in the side parking area) and I swear I saw that man leave with them.

The final bit I saved for last -

Eight years later, I'm hanging out with my friend Andrew D., who lived in the Kenhorst area. Across the street, I see a cyclone fence around the entire back yard of a home there in this nice suburban friendly neighborhood. I ask him wtf is going on there? And he replies "Oh that's Dillman's fence for his cat. Dillman lives there."

Wait! CAT!?!? What kind of cat needs a cyclone fence!? Turns out Dillman had a BIG cat. Now it's been so long ago, that I can not for the life of me remember the type of cat, but I honestly believe it was some form of tiger! He said that Dillman was using the cat for his demos.

The fence was something like just over 6'.

Six feet. Now, I know what you're thinking and you're right. The cat got out. Seems tigers can easily jump something like 12 feet. Who knew? Somehow they retrieve the cat and Dillman later removes cat and fence. LOL! Brilliant. Maybe the Felidae (big cat) was just trying to escape the non stop chi balls of bullshitzu?

There's one more item I remember hearing around that time. At one point someone purportedly tried to break into Dillman's house there, while Master Haa Dooken was asleep, and the way it was always reported was that he (Dillman) knocked the guy out with a vase or some heavy object. I’m SURE there had to be a great and loud Kiyap! I’m sure of it.

Well, that's all I got on Dillman. It's a shame a guy who possibly *did* learn Kempo Karate has gone so far down the snake oil path. He should do like most Tae Kwon Do studios do and charge an arm and a leg for tuition, tests, uniforms, hogus, helmets, pads, mouth pieces, endless 'required' tournaments (sponsored by other fellow old Korean grand master cronies looking to earn money)... LOL!

Thanks for the site, guys - it's pretty funny. My son found it, beyond searching for chi, when he calls out his friend's non stop bullshitting that THEY TOO train and are masters - at 10 years of age - as BULLSHITZU. It's amazing how many of these people come out of the work when they find out YOU train. Everyone is a black belt! He tells them they're black belt grand masters in BULLSHITZU.

Best,

Michael
    Last edited by Heymikey; 8/09/2017 12:35pm at .

Style
    Shotokan Karate
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have never heard of George Dillman before. After looking at Youtube it left me laughing so much but to be honest there is a lot of mixed views on Dillman. He was clearly up there with Chuck Norris, Bill Wallace and even trained Ali at one point.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by UCN View Post
    I have never heard of George Dillman before. After looking at Youtube it left me laughing so much but to be honest there is a lot of mixed views on Dillman. He was clearly up there with Chuck Norris, Bill Wallace and even trained Ali at one point.
    Ummm...what?? Are you suggesting Dillman was as good as Norris and Wallace?? Because that requires some proof please.

Style
    Pramek/Sambo/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Chuck Norris has multiple legit black belts, including one in BJJ and some legit full contact fighting titles, and competitive record. Bill Wallace has multiple legit belts including in Judo and a wrestling background and a legit competitive record.

Dillman has a black belt in a no touch knock out martial art that he admitted on national geographic will not work on non-believers, that he made up himself and no competitive record.

How exactly do these men equate?

Style
    street paddleboarding
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I recall Count Dante was said to have a big cat too- wonder if that's where Dillman got the idea.

Style
    BJJ+Sanda
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    there is a lot of mixed views on Dillman.
    There are mixed views on whether the Earth is spheroid or a disc. One of those views is stupid.

He was clearly up there with Chuck Norris, Bill Wallace and even trained Ali at one point.
    This might help you out.
    "Systema, which means, 'the system'..."

Quote Originally Posted by strikistanian View Post
    DROP SEIONAGI ************! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil
    Why is it so goddamn hard to find a video of it? I've seen videos I'm pretty sure are alien spacecraft. But still no good Krav.
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasma
    At the point, I must act! You see my rashguard saids "Jiu Jitsu vs The World" and "The World" was standing in front me teaching Anti-Grappling in a school I help run.
    [quote=SoulMechanic]Thank you, not dying really rewarding in more ways than I can express.[/[quote]

Style
    Pramek/Sambo/BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ermghoti View Post
    There are mixed views on whether the Earth is spheroid or a disc. One of those views is stupid.

This might help you out.
    These arguments seem to fail on Eddie Bravo. Granted he also believes that the eclipse was a NASA conspiracy to sell sunglasses.

Anyway, does anyone take Dillman seriously? I mean the man admitted to National Geographic that his stuff doesn't work on non-believers. I don't ever recall Norris, Wallace, or Ali ever having a problem knocking out non-believers. In fact I'm fairly certain that the majority of their fights were against people who didn't fully believe in their ability to knock them out, hence they climbed in the ring to try to take their titles away.

Page 8 of 8 First ... 45678