Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    8/08/2006 8:44am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

George Dillman Fraud or For Real?

First let me say that this is my 1st time posting on your excellent and informative forums having just joined. I have been visiting your forums for months now and overall have found the members here to be polite, educated, insightful and at times extremely funny in your exposures of martial art frauds and phonies.

My question has to do with Mr. George Dillman and his knowledge. I am sure that most of you have heard and/or read about Mr. Dillman and his long resume. From stating that he has taught Bruce Lee and Muhammad Ali to being considered by some as the leading authority in pressure point techniques in the western world he certainly seems to have the credentials.

I decided to visit his website www.dillman.com in the hopes of attaining either one of his pressure point books or instructional DVD's to aid in my training and add to my knowledge base. As you can see he has many training and instructional aids as well as having some small preview video clips of what one can expect or hope to learn by purchasing his DVD's.

I then decided to see if I could find other examples of his work and headed over to YouTube www.youtube.com and conduct a search under his name for any other video clips of his teachings. What I found is what makes me question some of his claims and expertise as a true "Pressure Point Master" as some have labeled him.

In particular I put forth the following 2 video examples demonstrating how Dillman and his High Ranking Instructors may not be all what they claim to be.

In this 1st piece conducted by the National Geographic Channel an investigative reporter submits himself to Dillmans' teachings and tries to verify the validity of such techniques. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-x4iJM2aU4
    I particular question George Dillmans' abuse of this technique by claiming that he "moves the line at Starbucks by throwing his Chi" and his explanation at the end of the piece.

The 2nd piece is conducted by a Chicago Investigative Reporter. She, in much like the example above, submits herself to the techniques being taught by Mr. Dillman and their effectiveness. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ar1yXYOsxQk

Forgive me if George Dillman has been a subject of discussion in these forums in the past. I only desire to know your opinions on the man based on what you may have seen, heard, read or have 1st hand knowledge of. In the end, I just donít want for my hard earned money to be spent on something or someone who prays on the ignorance and misconceptions of the consumer.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and viewing the videos.

AK: Giving new meaning to the word "Unfair."

Posted On:
    8/08/2006 8:48am

Style: Out-Of-Shape MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This has to be the most exteme case of "SEARCH FUNCTION, NOOB" that I have ever seen.

You suck at life.

Heel Hook Hunter

Posted On:
    8/08/2006 8:49am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: Jiu Jitsu | Knife

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    George Dillman is a hero and god to everyone on this site, never imply that he is a fraud.

Ok I'm off to throw from Chi around.

ARGUMENTUM AD LATINUM DICTIONAIRUM

Posted On:
    8/08/2006 8:50am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Argumenta ad Rem

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Posted On:
    8/08/2006 8:56am

Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Maybe Bullshido should offer a simple page of "known/exposed frauds" so newbies don't have to search function them in order to find the relevant threads. Maybe a simple table, possibly populated with links to the threads in which said goofballs have been discussed/exposed ad nauseum?

Just a thought. I think it would be useful -- might reduce these types of posts and it would be more accessible to casual visitors....

-daGorilla

Posted On:
    8/08/2006 9:00am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by daGorilla
    Maybe Bullshido should offer a simple page of "known/exposed frauds" so newbies don't have to search function them in order to find the relevant threads. Maybe a simple table, possibly populated with links to the threads in which said goofballs have been discussed/exposed ad nauseum?

Just a thought. I think it would be useful -- might reduce these types of posts and it would be more accessible to casual visitors....

-daGorilla
    No. Do not coddle the noobs. They must weather the blows brought on by their own foolishness and grow strong because of it! It is the way of our people!

Posted On:
    8/08/2006 9:05am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A "Known/Exposed Frauds" section would be excellent. For getting Phrost sued ASAP, that is. NEVER use the F word publically.

Posted On:
    8/08/2006 9:07am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawarma
    A "Known/Exposed Frauds" section would be excellent. For getting Phrost sued ASAP, that is. NEVER use the F word publically.
    Ha, I didn't quite see it that way at first, but that is SO true.

ARGUMENTUM AD LATINUM DICTIONAIRUM

Posted On:
    8/08/2006 9:08am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Argumenta ad Rem

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Okay . . . Fat Retarded Assholes Using Debunked Systems.

What?

--J.D.

Posted On:
    8/08/2006 9:22am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I apologize for posting something that has been disussed many times over in these forums and apparently been "proved" to be false and fraudulent by the forum members.

I was not aware of the Forum Search feature when I posted this thread. However having searched for it and used it I found many threads and replies concerning Dillmans' claims.

Apparently, most if not all Bullshido forum members agree that Dillman is nothing more than a clever con-man and a fraud.

However, I wonder if this is from real research or just from typical "follow the crowd" opinion.
Page 1 of 8 1 2345 ... LastLast