Page 2 of 6 First 123456 Last

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    oh, I didn't see their maintenance page. I posted right after I saw some of the things they were selling (Final Fantasy Swords and such).

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How do limit break?

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That site sells some cool toys.

Though calling itself "True Swords" might be false advertizing.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Obi1, the wire is a nanofilament whip, a construction common to cyberpunk and particularly William Gibson's stories. The movie didn't do it justice, or, for that matter, the short story it was derived from. Essentially, it's a wire of incredible strength and thinness, anchored to the body at one end, with a weight on the other. Supposedly can cut through nearly anything.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You think that's a big sword... Try handling the Masamune!
    "Prison is for rapists, thieves and murderers. If you lock someone up for smoking a plant that makes them happy, you're the fucking criminal." - Joe Rogan

El Guapo says dance!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wynergy
    Obi1, the wire is a nanofilament whip, a construction common to cyberpunk and particularly William Gibson's stories. The movie didn't do it justice, or, for that matter, the short story it was derived from. Essentially, it's a wire of incredible strength and thinness, anchored to the body at one end, with a weight on the other. Supposedly can cut through nearly anything.
    What cyberpunk novels has it appeared in? I am a huge cyberpunk fan and don't remember such a weapon, I'de like to read a story where one is included though.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dune has some mention of it. Some of the emperor's guards have monofilament hidden as strands of hair.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    obi1, it's in the short story "Johhny Mneumonic", part of the "burning chrome" book of short stories. I think it also appears a few times in the Sprawl series, the one that starts with Neuromancer and continues on with Idoru and some other thing. It's only a tiny section of the story, since there's a lot that Gibson fills in. And the thing Kungfumonkey is talking about is.. I think, Shiba wire? Very very similar concept, only minus the "whip", and more of a garrote.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Frag that, play Shadowrun.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Shadowrun is the ****. I don't know about the tabletop game but when I played it on Sega Genesis it was fucking awesome.
    カンフー

Page 2 of 6 First 123456 Last