Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/08/2006 7:01am

Style: Self Protection

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by LORD ASIA
    Most of the pple who decry it have NEVER trained in it or haven't viewed any of the material about level 1. So their veiws are based on ignorance.
    Are you a Mod here or something mate? No offence, but it seems that this statement you made about MAC and other people applies to the treatment of Richard Dimitri on this board with these people.

Posted On:
    10/08/2006 7:35am

Style: Muay Thai, Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Can you describe a little about his techniques? I googled him and did some reading, and had the idea that the shredder is to put your hand into someone's face and just mess with his face?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/08/2006 7:41am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Theres no need. Someone here must have done a full critique of his stuff (like they've done to other people that they slate). If someone can post us the link we'll all see how his stuff got on. The abuse it got was pretty manic, so all I can think is that some guy tore it to pieces!

I can't wait to see it. I've liked what I have seen up to now, but can hardly call myself a regular Senshido student. One of the Bullshido guys will have given it a thorough assessment because, like LORD ASIA says, theres no way theu woulld have ripped it to bits without that happening first.

Any links guys?

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    10/08/2006 11:16am

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bujutsuboy
    Are you a Mod here or something mate? No offence, but it seems that this statement you made about MAC and other people applies to the treatment of Richard Dimitri on this board with these people.
    I am an ADMIN and don't really care about DIMITRI or his material. Thats pretty much it. I am not looking for it nor do I care that much one way or the other. Sorry if you don't agree wit that veiw but that how it is.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Posted On:
    10/08/2006 11:20am

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bujutsuboy
    Yes, I would like to see that thread.

Re the Shredder. They do something called "the Shredder package" which includes a DVD and a book.

I did a search here and say quite a comprehensive analysis by some guy, but the general consensus here was that it was bull ****. I was surprised, and read the thread again and found that the guys slamming it had never done it, but the guys supporting it had.

How can they slam something they have never done? They must be wankers.

I thought Bullshido was about investigating things, not just discounting them because you don't know what they are.
    If someone is going to spring for the free loaner set of tapes, that facilitates the review. When we reviewed Webre we had two sets of tapes going around. If you could secure a shredder set, we'll be happy to send it around.

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    10/08/2006 11:47am

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think it was former MOD, DRD, who had the tapes but I don't know who he passed them off to if he did. I know several guys including Strong Machine and Shuma have worked with Senshido students. If you want to revisit it Sam that fine.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Posted On:
    10/08/2006 11:57am

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeh, from what I understand a set of tapes may have been sent to DRD, he then left the site, and no-one else ever saw the material. (Thats not our fault or the Shredder people's fault) So if a Shredder advocate wants to circulate a set of tapes again we will try to make sure they are returned, though we don't have a command and control relationship with our member/reviewers.

Posted On:
    10/08/2006 1:13pm

Style: BJJ,MT,RBSD (on hiatus)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I trained at Senshido for a few months so I have a pretty good grasp of what the Shredder is and isn’t.

First of all, yes it is somewhat over-hyped marketing wise, but he’s selling to the RBSD market to pay the bills and you need to have some kind of hook to get people to buy your **** these days. Dimitri has “teh d34dly Shr3dd3r”

The Shredder involves gaining control of the head when in clinch range or grappling and attacking it using strikes, tears, and rips on a half-beat timing. It can be effective IF you can gain the required control over your opponent’s head. So once you control the clinch and/or manage to get your opponent’s back, the Shredder is a tool you can use to help you finish the fight, but then again so is a rear naked choke, neck crank, or solid punch(es). The Shredder concept works, it’s just not anything special.

The rest of his material is top notch self-defense stuff; from pre-contact and de-escalation to dealing with common attacks and knife defense work everything is pressure tested against resisting opponents. “Shredding” is emphasized to hurt an attacker once the distance has been closed but you can easily substitute something else for it (like a couple of solid punches).

If there’s one thing about his approach I don’t like it’s that in many instances he still relies on jams to “intercept” attacks. While you might be able to jam a drunk guy’s telegraphed punch, you won’t be able to intercept the strikes in a trained pugilist’s combinations (personally I like Rodney King’s Crazy Monkey approach).

Just my $0.02 CDN
    Last edited by rw4th; 10/08/2006 1:15pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/08/2006 3:40pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Maybe Im missing something. Isn't this site about suspecting, analysing, and then exposing bullshit?

Looking back at the threads it seems that many regulars here called "bullshit" on Richard Dimitri without ever having analysing his stuff. They commented, with venom, ridicule and abuse BUT HAVENT SEEN HIS STUFF?

You may not care about Dimitri or his material. But don't you care about your own site?

Regular members called Dimitri all kinds of things on here and, to use your phrase LORD ASIA, "Most of the pple who decry it have NEVER trained in it or haven't viewed any of the material about level 1. So their veiws are based on ignorance."

But you're just going to let it lie at that.

Whilst trying to find your non existent research I stumbled upon related threads about Geoff Thompson. It turns out that he has been treated the same way. How many other good people have been bad mouthed totally unjustifiably in the name of your so called bullshido?

What a disappointment. What hypocrisy. Bullshido is no better than Paxbaculum.
    Last edited by bujutsuboy; 10/08/2006 3:46pm at .

Posted On:
    10/08/2006 3:48pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Since your obviously a Dimitri partisan tapes Please.
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 78910 ... LastLast