Posted On:
    8/07/2006 5:53pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: whatever

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Savate clip, cool stuff.

Hey,

Found this clip over at utube, not sure if you guys have seen it ... but I think it's some of the 'cleanest' full contact I've seen yet.

Savate appears to be a precision, long range sniping style. Don't know how well it would stack up in MMA, but there are some elements there that would definitely work.

Check it out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WadTk...&search=savate

Best,
    Death

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/07/2006 7:56pm

Style: BJJ(blue)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's a cool art...saw a demo tape a couple of years ago and found the kicks cool, specially the ones to the shins and knees. It's a early form of kickboxing, french style and it has a certain flavour to it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkBN6dghGd4

self defense savate.

The gift that keeps on giving

Posted On:
    8/08/2006 1:44am

supporting member
     Style: On hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Guys-

Thanks for posting, but seach a little and you'll find a bunch of threads about savate that extra vids could be added to.

Not to bust your chops, I enjoy watching savate. But other's will bust your chops.

The gift that keeps on giving

Posted On:
    8/08/2006 1:56am

supporting member
     Style: On hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Actually, savate brings up an interesting point.

Hand pads are worn in most all MMA events to protect the fighters hands, why not have foot pads for the same reason?

I know that I would rather have a busted hand (busted meaning injured, but it would heal) rather than having a busted foot.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/08/2006 5:14am

Style: Savate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Like this here http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...french+leotard

But thanks anyways. Got lazy and didn´t upload that 2005 highlights. How much is the size limit in Bullshidos video section BTW?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/08/2006 5:35am

Style: Nothing currently

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sfe
    Actually, savate brings up an interesting point.

Hand pads are worn in most all MMA events to protect the fighters hands, why not have foot pads for the same reason?

I know that I would rather have a busted hand (busted meaning injured, but it would heal) rather than having a busted foot.
    Savate kicks are designed around their footwear, Muay Thai, and other kicks, are designed around lack of said footwear.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/08/2006 10:39am

Style: savate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'd like to see some MMA using actual savate, not just boxe francaise. Ya know, the vicious nasty kicks that will get the leotard guys thrown right outta the ring? LIke that close-range toe-to-the-bladder thing they've got. Savate dude versus grappler might get fun to watch there -- far as I can tell (and rubberduck will have to educate me here), the regular legal ring kicks give you almost no defense against a guy shooting in.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/08/2006 10:59am

Style: Savate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Happycrow
    I'd like to see some MMA using actual savate, not just boxe francaise. Ya know, the vicious nasty kicks that will get the leotard guys thrown right outta the ring? LIke that close-range toe-to-the-bladder thing they've got. Savate dude versus grappler might get fun to watch there -- far as I can tell (and rubberduck will have to educate me here), the regular legal ring kicks give you almost no defense against a guy shooting in.
    Yah, that´s so. Legal kicks must come in straight line, or whiplike in lateral line. And we have seen how that works...not so good. Coup de pied bas, sweeping kick to the shin is more of an annoyance, and anyone trying to stop shoot with it is certified idiot. Forbidden coup de pied pointe, rising front kick? If you are very, very lucky, and he shoots like those idiots in anti-grapple demos.

Also Savate or BF stance is too high/upright, and we´d fly from takedown like...a duck.