:)

Posted On:
    5/28/2007 6:10pm

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by quixote
    I got a video of me doing the Bas Rutten All-Round Workout Routine 1.

I haven't had any formal Muay Thai instruction so I was wondering if anyone could help me out with my technique during the shadowboxing.

Thanks.
    For Thai boxing, like kickboxing, ideally you'd like to get kicked hundreds if not thousands of times in the legs, abs, and to some degree ribs to condition against cramping and injury(spar 2-300 rounds too to be ready to compete), and kick the heavy bag several hundred times a day with each leg. I don't do these things...but I don't compete. I spar a lot, and three years ago I could never have taken the kicks/punches I do now, (and I'm weak as hell).
    You'll also need to deaden the nerves in your shins, roll them with a rolling pin or stick of some sort...over time, you'll loose some sensation...and if you ever go shin to shin with someone who is conditioned,you'll need to have lost a lot of sensation to not fall over in crippling agony.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/28/2007 7:12pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    noone rolls their shins with rolling pins or sticks, noone kicks trees, noone spars 200-300 rounds a day(would that even be possible)

i'm pretty sure those are all just myths, bro

Posted On:
    6/03/2007 1:40am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm sorry man, I'll clarify. 2-300 rounds is what someone should have under their belt in total sparring before competition (this is going from novice to amateur). My teacher, trained in the east, and did kick trees, and said he had to spar barefoot in the snow, and grapple in the snow.
    There are still martial artists who do that, but very few (it's always been very few, that **** sucks) Kicking the bag hundreds of times a day is possible, and Buakow or Koaklai didn't get iron shins by wishing it so. The guy asked what he could do to help his Muay tai. No form on earth can prepare someone for a punch in the nose or a shin kick to the inside thigh, or shin to shin. I wanted him to get an idea of what he'd need. I don't compete, but get beat up weekly by guys who do. I've been kicked thousands of times in sparring rounds....and I'm still not conditioned to where I can easily survive accidentaly kicking someone in the elbow hard. Getting smacked around is one of the best incentives to learn.

I'll give you an example: Friday I went to the class at school. The trainer that day, who trained 5 British champions had us do 2 minute drills. 2 minutes of rapid fire punching. I got 410, and my girl got 620. My score was ****, I was told (but told nicely)Do you think it's outlandish for thai boxers to throw hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of kicks a day? The same day, during the sparring part, I got axe kicked in the head by a fellow student, and caught a left hook that made me see stars. I got thrown twice to the ground hard, and punched a bunch. Muay Thai isn't tag karate McTKD etc...people can be killed if they **** around. Going out on a stretcher is common. There's no safety for people who can't take a hit.

And I roll my shins, on the advice of my teachers. Visit chinesekickboxing.com to see them. I love the school I'm in, and if I'm going to get beat up, then I want to get beat up by the best. Real conditioning is hell, and deadening the nerves in and around the shinbone is a must for kickboxing or muay thai fighters. Look up boxing vs any kicking style, and mostly what you'll see, is the boxer fall over with leg cramps, (or a broken leg)

I want our friend here to do well, train hard and not get crippled. I'm not some superhero, they don't call me bobby clumsy ninja because I'm a ninja, ok? I just love martial arts, and love to train...but these things I talked about are real, nonetheless.

Posted On:
    6/03/2007 1:47am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by RunningDog
    Great moves! the only way to test out your moves is to go to a biker bar.
    Do that right now, then post that vid up for us!
    Cheers!
    hahahahahaha

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    6/03/2007 1:52am

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    gee, 2-300? should I try to be more on the 2 end or more on the 300 end?

Also, make sure you're aware of thread dates before posting - try to only renew an old thread if you feel you've really got something new to add to it.

And before you give advice on an art such as muay thai, give serious thought to learning to spell it.
    Last edited by JohnnyCache; 6/03/2007 1:54am at .
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

Just waiting for the paperboy.

Posted On:
    6/03/2007 7:02am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Locu5
    You are doing yourself a disservice if you ever want to be able to actually fight. The more you train your body to move this way, the more a coach is going to have to correct. Bad habits can take a while to work out of your head. If you are looking to get into shape (even if it is with the idea of eventually doing a MA), there are more productive ways that will better prepare you.
    muahaha try ashida kim on sloganize...pretty on target....

Posted On:
    6/03/2007 7:05am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bobyclumsyninja
    You'll also need to deaden the nerves in your shins, roll them with a rolling pin or stick of some sort...over time, you'll loose some sensation...and if you ever go shin to shin with someone who is conditioned,you'll need to have lost a lot of sensation to not fall over in crippling agony.
    a relatively comfortable excercise is get a stick,snake leg ur leg around it and scrape up and down.
    i hope i explained this clearly.

Posted On:
    6/03/2007 5:13pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCache
    gee, 2-300? should I try to be more on the 2 end or more on the 300 end?

Also, make sure you're aware of thread dates before posting - try to only renew an old thread if you feel you've really got something new to add to it.

And before you give advice on an art such as muay thai, give serious thought to learning to spell it.
    I'm sorry it sounds absurd to you to spar so much. My deep apologies for my spelling, not my strong suit. I'm at the 2 end, and the last four people I sparred consisted of an ex national champ kboxer, a wrestler,and 2 mma guys, one of whom has a pay-per-view event coming up this month...the other has a regular competition this week.

I hadn't seen anyone write to tell the young man to harden his body. That's quite relevant to the topic yes? The more you spar tough and talented people, the harder it is for other tough and talented people to hurt you. I spar guys so far above my level that normal sparing sessions go very well for me. One of our students beat an 18-0 muay thai champ in San Da rules last year,(spinning heel hook to the liver,3 days in the hospital). It's his/our teacher, Paul Rosado, that recommended that many rounds of sparring, and rolling shins, and many other things you might choose to mock. He's an olympic hopefull at the moment, and it's thanks to that same advice you and others might discount.

Email one of the Dutch schools that produces champions, and ask them about rolling shins. The last tag karate man I sparred, went down to one knee after three right roundhouse kicks, and I wasn't laying into him at all.
    Last edited by bobyclumsyninja; 6/04/2007 12:10am at .

Posted On:
    6/04/2007 8:29am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by quixote
    I got a video of me doing the Bas Rutten All-Round Workout Routine 1.

I haven't had any formal Muay Thai instruction so I was wondering if anyone could help me out with my technique during the shadowboxing.

Thanks.
    dont be a sad-ass ansd put your video up in public,now youtube says i must add you as a friend in order for me to watch it...c'mon i wanna laugh..

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/10/2007 3:14am

Style: Brazilian Jiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    for real, i wanna see this ****
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345