Page 3 of 185 First 12345671353103 ... Last
    Didn't so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards

Style
    Ex-TKD, BJJ, Muay Thai
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dai Tenshi ^_^
    You're at TU this fall? Let me know when you're in, you should come on down and have a drink or two.

As for bringing you over to punk people, don't worry about it, everything can be handled in house.
    Spring semester. Long story. I'll definitely take you up on that drink, though.
    sudo make me a sandwich!

Style
    BJJ, wrestling
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hats off to all the Bullies involved in this.
    Shut the hell up and train.

Style
    American Karate,TSD,KFSS
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In addition to Coda's leg injury, Myself & 2 of my black belts went to Coda's class last night, friday Aug 4. He did not seem to have any problem in throwing kicks above his waist or higher at all. He did have a problem with breaking. He had students breaking 2 inch boards and patio blocks. Most who never had done any breaking or were beginners. What worried me most was the way he had them trying to break. Boards placed wrong, stances wrong, no follow through. Coda himself had a lot of trouble with his breaking. He had to hit the brick many times before he broke it. My students looked at me & shook their heads & told me "you never taught us like that."

After the class was over, Coda asked me & my black belts to come into his office and asked us what we thought of his class. I told him he was going to get someone hurt letting them break the way he did. He replied by saying he likes to let them do it & then discuss why they failed. I informed him that he needed to teach his students the right way the first time.

Good job on the investigation thus far. I look forward to reading more. If I can be of help, please let me know.

Respectfully, Tom Fox

Mostly, I just sit here. Mostly. staffhall of fame
    Style
    MMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by fox
    After the class was over, Coda asked me & my black belts to come into his office and asked us what we thought of his class. I told him he was going to get someone hurt letting them break the way he did. He replied by saying he likes to let them do it & then discuss why they failed. I informed him that he needed to teach his students the right way the first time.
    Like the kid that says something obviously wrong, gets corrected, and comes back, "yeah, I knew that, I was testing you to see if you knew that."

Style
    Not.....working
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Absolutely amazing.Score one for the good guys.I applaud all of you guys who took part.You must have all felt the strain of wondering how if ever this would ever end?

Again,fantastic!!

Style
    not training
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good Job, Guys.

Jonathan

Style
    Muay Thai
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Brilliant investigation work here. I've been following these write ups on Coda Scott for some time now, some of this dude's bullshit is actually pretty entertaining in a schadenfreude sort of way.

Surely, quite a few of the parents and students would have caught some of his contradictions . But then again, anyone who would treat a piece of paper stapled to a block of pine as true testimony wouldn't usually pick up much.

Either way, we need to hear some opinions from some of the students and see whether confidence is starting to wane over at the True Power camp.

Style
    kaikido
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Coda Scott is a joke, he has no skill to teach let alone have discipline in his students.
    I went with Mr.Fox on friday to work out with so called master instructor Scott.

He makes me sick to think that he is a karate teacher, he gives every one a bad name, I can't see fat boy taking out some in his high school and then dropping two policemen.

I think he is a liar, a fake and he will get one of his students hurt thinking they can take on the world.

Mr. Fat boy will not even except a friendly sparring challenge, shouldn't be hard for some whom seems to be a world champ, I mean world Champ of true crap martial arts.

I fully support the Bullshido Staff, good job and keep it up. I f I can help let me know.

T. Stafford

Style
    Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here is an outline of the questions we asked.

ABKA Champion Status?
    -Resolved in the last thread, he was not the champion. He got 3rd place. However we found out that this was out of 5 competitors and at the intermediate level of a local tournament.

USMAA Info?
    -Completely busted him on this one!

State-National-World Champ?
    -No evidence offered to support such a claim. If anything he was the champion of John Stanford’s tournament.

Colvin Center Banning?
    -Completely busted him on this one!

Professional Boxing, Kickboxing, Grappling?
    -He stated that he can teach them the basics but for professional level competition he would have to send then to another school. Basically whenever he gets an "instructor" that has a background in a different style he updates his website to state that his school can now teach that style. Keep in mind that he will ask someone to become a True Power instructor after one meeting.

Knife Fight?
    -Completely busted him on this one.

Marines?
    -Basically resolved in the last thread. Coda and Mr. Fox seems to have come to a resolution about this. However we did get some new information. Basically it was some form of Home School Jr. ROTC and was under John Stanford.

Difference Between “Traditional” Judo and Judo
    -He has no rank in Judo, again Stanford gave him this belt. There is no such thing as Traditional Judo so I call BS on this.

Breaking Kelin’s Nose
    -Busted on this one

TKD Black Belt?
    -Mr. Anderson stated that Coda came to him in February 2006 and asked to learn TKD, Coda did not train under Mr. Anderson, but in July of 2006 Coda had a black belt in TKD. Coda’s TKD certificates can be viewed in Dai Tenshi’s thread. I hope to meet with Mr. Anderson next week, and/or he can just post what he has found out as he met with Coda on Friday.
    Last edited by Olorin; 8/05/2006 11:15pm at .

Style
    American Karate,TSD,KFSS
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yep, he was never in the Marines & he should not say Marines when he is talking about ROTC or JROTC.

Tom Fox

Page 3 of 185 First 12345671353103 ... Last