Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    8/05/2006 7:44am

Join us... or die
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Interesting abs routine.

Somebody on another forum posted this clip, featuring a kickboxer doing some interesting ab work.

Altrought the part of the clip where he gets hit, looks like a little bit "too much" for me, the previous exercises are quite interesting.

I was wondering if some of you have done anything similar and what are your expereinces in that case.

Or at least, hope you all enjoy the video.

He'll flip ya!

Posted On:
    8/05/2006 8:45am

supporting member
     Style: Not.....working

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That was certainly a lot of conditioning.

I've done similar exercises but in the prone position lying on my back.I've rarely ever done those hanging from the sealing.I guess it mean to concentrate solely on the ab area.

Wow!That is a lot of conditioning.

i keep tryin to spar, but nothin happens!

Posted On:
    8/05/2006 8:55am

supporting member
     Style: karate / bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ild never considered skin the cats as part of an exercise routine... interesting.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/05/2006 6:30pm

Style: BJJ + Muay Thai n00b.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Those exercises look way too hard.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/05/2006 8:40pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Can't say I've done anything more than remotely similar to these excerises. I would only do the weighted crunches or the hanging leg raise for core work. Of course, when your hanging rather than prone on your back, you're tempted to be lazy and do the raises from your hips rather than your abs.

Damn, that rotating leg raise looked murderous.

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    8/05/2006 9:12pm

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Manu has us do some similar exercises. The first one is kinda similar to something we do, except we just pull our knees up and only about as high as solar plexus level. Manu also has us do weighted situps (with a 12lb medicine ball though, not a zillion lb barbell). He had us stand up against the wall with our hands behind our head and punched us in the body before, but I was a wimp and went down after the third shot. When he was punching kat, (50 punches to the body) she acted bored >:(

oh yeah, and situps with getting hit in the body with a thai pad
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

Posted On:
    8/05/2006 10:05pm

Style: Silat, New to Hsing- Yi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It was a nice display of exercises for those who are serious about competing. I give it a 9, I took one point away for the weighted situps with the guy standing barefoot on barefeet thats Athlete's foot waiting to happen.
    "Its not important to be strong, its just important not to be weak."

Posted On:
    8/08/2006 6:32pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ/Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have heard that hanging knee raises are one of the better ab exercises. Just remember lift with your abs rather than with your hip flexors. Nothing in there looks too extreme, especially for a competitive kickboxer.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    8/08/2006 6:49pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Bad ass conditioning. I've tried those while hanging from a chin-up bar, but before I can actually burn my abs, either my forearms get tired (girly wrists and carpal tunnel for ya), or my lower back begins to bitch. This man has amazing conditioning. :viking:

When I did Kempo, my instructor used to have us do, say, 100 sit ups and then we had to stay in our butts, legs and torso raised. in that possition he would hit us either with his heel or with a pad (as in the video) a number of times. We had to keep our abs contracted while he was banging us... and we had to shout.

The shouting sounds like Hong Kong cinematographic bullshit, but after a few hits, it becomes difficult. That and keeping the abs contracted makes breathing more difficult with each hit. Anyways, that really works out your abs.

The body punching at the end of the clip, that looks too much, but ****, if he can take it, that should be some bad ass conditioning.

However, I wonder if that is physically sound in the long run to get punched like that on a regular basis as part of his conditioning :icon_scra What do you guys think?

One thing for certain that I do not like is the ab crunches with a weighted bar on his neck.

I'm not a fan of ab crunches/sit ups with a weight behind the neck. That ****, pulling the weight up with the bar applying pressure on your neck is a no-no for the neck as far as I'm concerned.

A better thing for your neck is to have a heavy medicine ball, a plate or a bar held on the chest. Or an abs machine with handles from where to pull the weight without putting pressure on the neck.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    8/08/2006 10:28pm

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by El Macho
    Bad ass conditioning. I've tried those while hanging from a chin-up bar, but before I can actually burn my abs, either my forearms get tired (girly wrists and carpal tunnel for ya), or my lower back begins to bitch. This man has amazing conditioning. :viking:

Yeah, when I do that **** it starts hurting my lower back before anything else.

We also do an exercise where someone drops a medicine ball on your stomach, you pull the ball over your head, do a situp, twist, and toss the ball back to them and repeat.
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast